Threw a 169 - 224 - 234 : 627 last night. Average moved up to a 183, and probably going to move up a few more now.

Threw a 169 - 224 - 234 : 627 last night. Average moved up to a 183, and probably going to move up a few more now.
You throw like I do. Haha.

Always that one bad game to throw off a great series.

I think I threw a 56-something this week. Just couldn't get anything figured out and I am still not consistent yet. Gotta get it figured out for state in a few weeks.

This year has been a real struggle for me on the lanes. It started when I missed the first three months of the season due to work travel; and then continued when I got glasses for the first time in my life and can actually see the dots, arrows, and pins (go figure). My book average coming into the year was 205, my established average so far this year is 177 and I can't even believe it is that high. The low point may have come last week with a 150-180-150 night.....

Then last night I look up and I have 57 pins (with an open) through 5 frames. I then threw 4 in a row and even though I only finished with a 174, I told my buddy "I feel like I just turned my whole bowling season around with that string." I opened in the 10th of the second game for a 196; and then threw the first 8 in the third game before opening in the 9th for a 255. I may....MAY...just have figured out where I need to stand and where I need to throw the ball now that I can actually SEE.

This year has been a real struggle for me on the lanes. It started when I missed the first three months of the season due to work travel; and then continued when I got glasses for the first time in my life and can actually see the dots, arrows, and pins (go figure). My book average coming into the year was 205, my established average so far this year is 177 and I can't even believe it is that high. The low point may have come last week with a 150-180-150 night.....

Then last night I look up and I have 57 pins (with an open) through 5 frames. I then threw 4 in a row and even though I only finished with a 174, I told my buddy "I feel like I just turned my whole bowling season around with that string." I opened in the 10th of the second game for a 196; and then threw the first 8 in the third game before opening in the 9th for a 255. I may....MAY...just have figured out where I need to stand and where I need to throw the ball now that I can actually SEE.

Good to hear Pete! Crazy how that works huh?

My weapons load now consists of the Storm Lock and the Track Paradox. These are a great one two punch for my game. They both run well in the oil so that lets me move inside and get a more consistent pocket shot. I don't have to throw either of them outside where everyone else is. It's great having equipment that isn't more than 10 years old !

You throw like I do. Haha.

Always that one bad game to throw off a great series.

I think I threw a 56-something this week. Just couldn't get anything figured out and I am still not consistent yet. Gotta get it figured out for state in a few weeks.

Im with you guys too. Went 202-162-269 on tuesday.

I joined a league late this season but thankfully there was team willing to take me. I really missed bowling. Carrying a 189 avg right now. Im using a Storm Reign of Fire as my main ball right now and I'm loving it. It has such a great move on the back end and is super strong in the pocket. Im leaving way less 7 pins with it. Unfortunately, spares ave been quite the adventure for me over the last month or so. Multiple opens per game are murdering my scores and getting me taken to town in my head up games. Thankfully, I've come through with some big 10ths to decide the teams side so at least I'm contributing somehow. The team is currently 4th place and half a point out of third. This stuff is fun.

rolled a 669 tonight...not bad. Better than my golf game today lol.

Rolled. A 628 last night. Felt pretty good even on a tricky shot I normally struggle with. My wrist has finally healed and I can go back to the normal way I bowl and I just feel like I roll the ball so much better.

I was pissed because my ball got all chewed up and now have to have it resurfaced. The house is doing it for free but I hate when that sort of stuff happens.

Last edited:
It's a storm ball. Smells like root beer so totally worth.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
My brother has one that smells like root beer and another like Apple cinnamon. Great stuff.

My brother has one that smells like root beer and another like Apple cinnamon. Great stuff.
I've got Apple fritter and blueberry muffins haha my Menace doesn't smell tho, it's almost disappointing but too many scents in a car can be a bit much.

My season may be coming to a premature end soon. I've had issues with my wrist for the last 3 years. I have a couple of wrist bones that are rubbing together that cause me considerable pain and loss of strength. I've been getting cortisone shots a couple of times a year which help quite a bit. But this year the pain returned much sooner than previous years. The last time I bowled two weeks ago, I could only manage a couple of games in the 160's and a 130-something. My average was as high as 191 this year.

So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. He has in the past recommended surgery to shave off part of one of the bones so that they do not rub together anymore. I wanted to wait until bowling season was over, but then I'm recovering during golf season. So might as well get it done as soon as possible.

I can always try to bowl left-handed.
So I saw another doctor in the same practice about this and he thought that I just had tendinitis in my wrist which was causing the pain I felt during bowling. He gave me a series of shots in the area of the tendon that he believed to be the problem. I've bowled 4 weeks since and have not had a bit of pain. I'm bowling back near my average. I sure am glad that I will not need the surgery the other doc was recommending.

Now, if he could give me some kind of shot to keep me from bowling that one game in the 150-160 range every week, I could raise my average from 188 back into the 190's where it should be.

:D

So I saw another doctor in the same practice about this and he thought that I just had tendinitis in my wrist which was causing the pain I felt during bowling. He gave me a series of shots in the area of the tendon that he believed to be the problem. I've bowled 4 weeks since and have not had a bit of pain. I'm bowling back near my average. I sure am glad that I will not need the surgery the other doc was recommending.

Now, if he he give me some kind of shot to keep me from bowling that one game in the 150-160 range every week, I could raise my average from 188 back into the 190's where it should be.

:D
That's great news. Always hard to hear you may not be able to do the things you love to do. Hope it keeps up and you can be pain free.

Took down the first place team to the tune of 26 out of 30 pts last night to climb within 15pts of first with only 4 weeks left!

Lanes were tough last night for most, but I bowled really well shooting 693. I chopped a 6-10 in the 10th to miss the 700

Took down the first place team to the tune of 26 out of 30 pts last night to climb within 15pts of first with only 4 weeks left!

Lanes were tough last night for most, but I bowled really well shooting 693. I chopped a 6-10 in the 10th to miss the 700

Still a heck of a series, Jeremy! What average are you carrying now? Can you sub for me next Wednesday?

190 - 199 - 180 : 569 tonight. Opened in the 10th on every game, too. That pissed me off the most.

Man, it's amazing how much better it feels to be bowling better. Another 600 series last night (602 I think), but I crapped the bed a little in the third. That was more of me getting tired and not hitting my mark, than anything else though, so I still​ think I am back....ha.

Still a heck of a series, Jeremy! What average are you carrying now? Can you sub for me next Wednesday?

212 I believe in this league. 217 in another.

-Almost put it all together tonight. Opened with a 197. Second game, I started with 9/, strike, 9- (stupid 10 pin!) and then finished with 9 in a row for a 258. Could have easily been a 290 if that 10 pin falls. Still, I'll take it anytime. Started well the 3rd game and then faded for a 171, 626 series.

Last night I started well, 235 then a 244, and then fell apart in the last game in 9th and 10th to finish with 201 = 680 series.
Dang, I wanted that 700 series !!

Oh, hello…

237-226-235=698 last night.

Open in the 10th frame of the second game (seriously, missed 7 pin…?!) cost me the 700.

Man it feels good to be bowling well again.

I was really tired when I got to the lanes last night and it showed on my scores. 190 - 180- 158. We WERE tied for 1st, not sure if we still are or not, but we only won 1 last night....sooo... ...

I was really tired when I got to the lanes last night and it showed on my scores. 190 - 180- 158. We WERE tied for 1st, not sure if we still are or not, but we only won 1 last night....sooo... ...
Hope it worked out, nicest series!

Oh, hello…

237-226-235=698 last night.

Open in the 10th frame of the second game (seriously, missed 7 pin…?!) cost me the 700.

Man it feels good to be bowling well again.

i feel your pain. I've had plenty of mid-high 690's....just one spare!!!!

In my league last night a guy on the other team had his 16 year old daughter subbing for his team. She had 15 games in this year and had a 166 average, well the first game she shoots 268, second game 256 and last game she was human with a 160. We still won 2 of the 3 games but she was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

League last night went well.

219-258-247 = 724

Best series of the year and only 2 weeks left.

Back