• Total voters

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Was thinking about this one today, if I were offered a full sponsorship deal, would I rather have an equipment deal or an apparel/accessories deal? Instantly the club deal sounds super exciting, new toys from top to bottom. But on the flip side, the apparel deal would be pretty damn awesome too, esp if you end up with the casual clothes too. Anyway, so which way would you prefer to go? Am I crazy for thinking I'd want the apparel deal?

Was thinking about this one today, if I were offered a full sponsorship deal, would I rather have an equipment deal or an apparel/accessories deal? Instantly the club deal sounds super exciting, new toys from top to bottom. But on the flip side, the apparel deal would be pretty damn awesome too, esp if you end up with the casual clothes too. Anyway, so which way would you prefer to go? Am I crazy for thinking I'd want the apparel deal?

Apparel deal 100%. Then I can still tinker with equipment and have somebody figure out how to make me look good while paying me to where their stuff.

Apparel for me.

Just need RLX/RL to find a reason to sponsor me for life.

You're not crazy and I'd take the apparel deal for sure!

If it were for pay, highest bidder baby.

If it's just for product, I'd opt for the equipment deal as individual items are more expensive. I'm aware that I'd more frequently be provided apparel but I'd rather have free reign across an OEM's club offerings.

In a close decision, I'd go with the apparel deal. Clubs would be cool too, but I natural instinct says apparel.

Apparel deal. I like having the freedom to play what I want.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All the golf apparel you need, so many options. The cost is probably greater so I'd go with apparel.

Apparel but no Bryson hat. If I can't play like a pro, I can look like one and look good doing it. Reasonably so, anyway.

I would prefer equipment because I would rather be told you will play this driver because it's 5 more MPH ball speed, vs being told you will wear the red pants and grey shirt on Sunday. Now you can argue if I was a big enough player I can help design and give input on my actual apparel I wear, but some companies might not be like that. Not sure on specifics, but I believe I remember Nike saying they had each player wear certain styles during one of the majors because they wanted to tell a "story". Think it was the Masters because they had Reed wear Pink instead of red (reserved for Tiger).

Its a hard thing to say because most of the time, for 99% of professional golfers, they are not equal.
Club, ball, etc is worth more than apparel to the player.
Nike has tried to alter that by overpaying and we saw where it got them.

Apparel for me especially if it's Nike and Jordan.

I've been hooked on them since 4rd grade when I started playing basketball.
So about 1984 or 85. I'm such sucker for the Swoosh & Jumpman

If being sponsored just means getting gear, then I'd go apparel.

Would love a sponsorship by adidas/Puma/Nike/Polo-RLX and crazy amounts of clothes every year. Annnd I could still goof around with equipment.

Too old to care about apparel, equipment all the way!!!

Apparel.

The club deal for me. New weapons every year would be sweet.

Apperal deal for me, you could cover several brands possibly. Now if it is multiple club deals, say driver and fairways from one OEM and irons from another than I think I would go clubs.

Apparel. I don’t like the idea of having to only play one brand of clubs. They would have to offer everything I prefer, and that is unlikely.

Now if you are just talking about balls that’s different. I could settle on playing one brand of golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparel appeals to me.

Equipment all day for me. Don't have to dress flashy at Country Oaks GC in Thomaville, GA.

I'd go apparel. Not because I'm an apparel junkie (Although Jordan golf shoes would be sweet), but because I like playing different clubs. My bag now is a mishmash of OEMs. I'd hate to have to play one brand.

I am really surprised by how many would want a apparel deal instead of equipment.

To me apparel is a highly marked up high margin product that is easy to come by.

Equipment is more important to me. Having a good fitting with clubs and ball equals the best game play possible in my mind. Hopefully there is something I am missing? (Head scratcher)

I am really surprised by how many would want a apparel deal instead of equipment.

To me apparel is a highly marked up high margin product that is easy to come by.

Equipment is more important to me. Having a good fitting with clubs and ball equals the best game play possible in my mind. Hopefully there is something I am missing? (Head scratcher)
For me it's just about what I like. I'm ok playing the same clubs for 3-4-5 years. Where as I really enjoy new clothing. Getting fresh shipments for each seasonal release would be sick.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I admit to having been a club hoe so equipment for me. I always like experimenting with the latest and, besides, the cost of equipment alone is a good reason for me to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money being equal I'd want apparel, then have so many more fitting and options on the equipment side.

Back