2019 Golfing Goals

For me, it is play more golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, since last April it rains / snows in Maryland every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's uncanny how often and repeatedly it has screwed up the weekends in Maryland!!

On the weekends that look good here, there's almost always somewhere between a half inch and two inches the day before haha

I fell asleep one night and woke in a perpetual rain storm!!!

Play as much as possible, and when I do, have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my goal was to break 100 before the end of this summer. just got home from my round today. went 49 50 for 99. new goal. break 90 before this summer ends.

One bogey free round.
18/18 GIR.
Hit every fairway in regulation for one round.
Beat my personal best.
More rounds without a 3 putt than with.
Defend the Club Championship

My main goal is to break 90. The other isn’t so much of a goal as it is a to do, and that’s to get a good, thorough, full bag fitting. Found a Top 100 fitter relatively close so I scheduled one for April. I’m really looking forward to it and hope it helps me reach my main goal.

Break 80 again.

Improve iron play and ball-striking.

Increase GIRs.

Practice more and regularly.

Take my kids more often.

If I could just convince my wife to let me play 7 days a week!

-Play and practice more
-Manage tee game misses (play to sides, dial back on tight holes, know where not to miss)
-Get up and down more (distance control on chips, improve strike consistency)
-Break 80 (do all of the above!)
-Even on the worst day don't shoot triple digits (keeping grinding when the day isn't going well)

1) Rule 1: Have fun
2) Rule 2: Refer to number one.

Fun makers:
- Play more golf with THP'ers
- Find a weekly golf game/league that I enjoy
- Find my fade especially off the tee as preferred shot shape.
- Feed my short game and putting interests indulgently
- Increase FIR and GIR% from last year
- Play smart on course. Improve shot strategy and course management tee to green
- Travel more, play more bucket list courses and events

1) Rule 1: Have fun
2) Rule 2: Refer to number one.

Fun makers:
- Play more golf with THP'ers
- Find a weekly golf game/league that I enjoy
- Find my fade especially off the tee as preferred shot shape.
- Feed my short game and putting interests indulgently
- Increase FIR and GIR% from last year
- Play smart on course. Improve shot strategy and course management tee to green
- Travel more, play more bucket list courses and events

A weekly game is great to have. Gives you motivation to get out more.

Improve Putting
Increase distance with Driver

Some great goals in here. I'm hoping to do a couple things this year.

1. Hit more GIRs.
2. Play more 18 hole rounds (mainly get to just play 9 at league)
3. Be better at course management (I don't need to swing for the fences on every shot, it's okay to hit a 3 wood off the tee)
4. Getting selected for a THP event is an every year goal.

Last year was one of the first years I really started taking the game more seriously. And in that respect I mean playing more and trying to enjoy the game instead of just focusing drinking and crushing the ball. I started the year at a 31, and was edging my way to a 27 towards the end of the year. Having not been able to get very many complete rounds in so far this year its hard to tell if this is achievable but my 9-hole rounds have been far better than last.

So for 2019, my main goal is to shave my handicap into the teens. 7-8 strokes may seem like a lot, but have made a lot of strides to focus in on this. Also to help force our group to play more golf we followed the NLU idea and put a challenge on a couple of our home courses. Our group is mainly 10-13s with the exception of me. So we are starting out with 2 courses that we frequent, and the challenge being that you must PAR every hole on each course and BIRDIE at least 9 holes on each course. Financial risks applied to both categories. Should help make things interesting again for the long term, driving everyone to get out and play more.

Short sided goals, i've got to quit yipping my wedges around the greens.

Realistic goals? Stay under 100 consistently. Flirt with breaking 90. Heckle people with whom I'm playing. Swear. Laugh. Not drive the cart into anything. Play some new courses. Maybe attend a get-together in another state.

Stop playing golf swing.

Goals for 2019

-Play more
-Play with others more
-Take more lessons
-Have Fun
-Stop buying so much golf stuff.

Goals for 2019

-Play more
-Play with others more
-Take more lessons
-Have Fun
You had me tracking 100% and then you threw in that nonsense about not buying new golf stuff..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Goals for 2019

-Play more
-Play with others more
-Take more lessons
-Have Fun

You had me tracking 100% and then you threw in that nonsense about not buying new golf stuff..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We may have to revoke his Hacker's Paradise card! LOL
You can never have enough new golf stuff!

Whooops Tapatalk glitch wrong thread

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2019 goal is to break par. Have been getting close lately with under par front or back nine, but need to put it together.

I've been thinking about my goals for 2019 and because I am incapable of simple math, my goals did not line up.

One of my goals was to shoot in the mid 90s consistently. I have reached that goal. 16 of my last 20 rounds have been under 100, with only 3 of those above 96. Majority are in the 92-95 range, with an 82 and an 89 in there. Awesome.

But another goal was to get my handicap to mid teens. Mid teens requires rounds in the high 80s or low 90s all the time to be there. So in reality, those two goals of mine do not match up.

So with 4 months to go, I am resetting, with a goal of low 90s as the average. WHatever that works out in handicap is what it is.

This past week, I shot my PB of 82. I did nothing exceptionally well in that round, I just did not make a single bad shot. Had a few iffy shots, but nothing bad. So if I was asked what I could shoot on my best day, I would say an 80.

The next day I shot an 89, because I hit a couple bad shots. Still a good round.

But Saturday I shot a 100. 3 OB, 3 duffs and a couple extra putts is all it takes to take me from a good round to a bad round.

Back