Harder Adjustment - Slow Greens to Fast Greens or Fast Green to Slow?

Harder Adjustment - Slow Greens to Fast Greens or Fast Green to Slow?

• Regularly playing Slow greens, adjusting to a Faster green

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Regularly playing Fast greens, adjusting to a Slow Green

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Green speeds don't phase me bro, my putting is money! Why would you even ask me this question?

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have an easier time adjusting from playing Slow Greens regularly to a Fast Green, or from playing Fast Greens regularly to a Slow Green?

This year I will be joining a green that has fuzzy/slow/domed greens. Previously I would play regularly at a course with rolled/fast/flat greens. Somewhat curious how much it will affect my game overall to have to adjust to "away" courses that should play significantly faster.

I have found it affects me the same. When I am used to fast greens I can never get the ball to the hole when I go to slower greens initially and usually have a hard time not slamming it past the hole after playing on slower greens. Mind you this might be the first couple of holes then I get the feel.

Short putts no real difference, lag putts take a bit going from fast to slow.

I've been in two golf leagues a week for the last few summers.

Monday is on a nice course, and Thursday was on a slightly maintained farm field. My handicap for the Thursday league was 2-3 shots higher all summer.

(I'm sure this only has to do with the green quality, and not the incredibly cheap beer)

Having to trust a firmer stroke than what my eye is telling me is the harder one, so I'd say being used to fast greens and then playing shag.

I would think it would be easier to go from slow to fast. The line , in my opinion, is easier to read on faster greens and I only have to worry about the speed!

Sorry had to do it, loved option 3 too much! But I think if you were used to faster greens it would be tougher to slow down.

Going from fast to slow kills me. You get used to a certain pace and feel on fast greens and it's just tricky to convince yourself to hit it just that much harder.

I find it more difficult to adjust to playing faster greens to slower greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dislike going from slow to fast. I'd rather know I can be aggressive with my stroke. The same stroke on some greens made of glass will go a mile past.

Faster greens going to slow is tougher for me.

I have definitely found that it takes me longer to adjust from Fast to Slow greens. A definite trust factor on telling myself that I have to hit it harder.

Going from fast to slow messes with my game the most.

Slower going to faster is easier for me. I play a course weekly in the summer with greens that are on the slow side so I am used to playing 9 holes on slow and then 18 with faster on the weekends. Plus I prefer faster greens.

Going from fast to slow is my issue

Faster to slower is tougher for me. By the same token, bent greens to bermuda are tougher to adjust to. I had a heck of a time moving to Florida and adjusting to bermuda greens. I've got the speed down pretty good, but the grain still befuddles me at times.

F to S for me.

Most of the time I play on slower greens so adjusting to a faster green has been a little difficult.

Fast to slow is a killer for me. I always end up short or blow by.

I'm always playing slow greens so going from slow to fast is tougher since I feel like I'm pounding the ball

I play a LOT of slow green, so when I'm on fast greens I pick it up pretty quick, but heading back to slow green after that is more of struggle in my mind.

Fast to slow is brutal. It kills you because of the constant misreading of breaks due to the slower speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The normal greens I play aren't what most would consider fast, but when I play somewhere super slow it takes me most of the round just to get the ball to the whole and not leave it short.

Going from fast to slow. I will always leave it very short and have most of my 3 putts on slow greens.

Fast to slow. Slow greens just suck; they don't roll, they don't break, they bounce. UGH!

Back