Left Handed frustration with Odyssey over.... my solution: a Mann Putter..

manndriver

Reaction score
Handicap
Greetings all, new member here. I decided to join to ask other lefties if they were having the same frustration since Odyssey decided to offer so few of the new putter line in a left handed version? No new mallets, no new Havok, no new Rossie mallet, no #1 wide, no #2 or #6 AT ALL !!!!! I understand when smaller companies restrict their product line, as less than 10% of the population is left handed, but why Odyssey, with Phil as a spokesperson, can't they even offer something via a custom order? It's the same stuff, mostly with a plumber's neck.... offer something different.... I've contact Odyssey twice, with not a hint of support, so I'm giving up. I've been gaming a 2 ball mallet, alternating with a squareback no.1 recently, but I have a custom putter almost finished now by LaMont Mann at MannKrafted Putters.
According to the "in progress" pictures, we should be getting close to the end, and I'll post feedback when I can get it on the grass. Anyone interested in progress pictures, just let me know... got a bunch.

I don't get the frustration? I'm a lefty and think odyssey releases more lefty putters than anyone else and it's not really close...

Just a quick question - are you affiliated with Mannkrafted Putters? Was just wondering since your forum name has Mann in it

Would love to see some in progress pics

Different strokes for different folks, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Odyssey offer more lefty models than other OEM's but I can certainly understand your frustrations to wishing they were all available in lefty.

As for LaMont's work, I've owned two at different points and he's done some restoration work for me as well, he's very good at what he does. Very glad to see him even more separated from Chris at SSB. Good move for LaMont.

I would have to agree with the previous posts that the left handed options from Odyssey to be pretty extensive. They offer the top models in each line in left handed. Phil uses a #9 and it is available in all lines in left handed, so all of the stuff he plays can be had at retail. Most companies limit their left handed options simply because of how few left handed players there are.

As a lefty, I hear what you're saying...but I also think that there are TONS of options out there, Odyssey or not, for us to roll. Do I wish I could roll a #6? Heck yes I do...but realistically we are not even close to the majority of the market...money talks in this industry.

This being said, I'd love to see some pics of your custom beauty when it arrives.

oh wow, it seems I can't figure out how to post them. Can you able to post individual pictures here or do they need to be from a url?

oh wow, it seems I can't figure out how to post them. Can you able to post individual pictures here or do they need to be from a url?

Easiest is to use a site like photobucket to host them and then insert the IMG links.

Need to be from a URL or via the Tapatalk app on your phone or tablet

you need t upload them to a hosting site first, or you can use tapatalk on your phone

I don't get the frustration? I'm a lefty and think odyssey releases more lefty putters than anyone else and it's not really close...

I agree and it is early in the newest releases. I'll bet the lefties come soon.

I understand having some frustration with lefty putters, or any lefty clubs really. However, I really think Odyssey does a pretty good job of giving us at least some options.

As a lefty I agree with the OP here, Odessey has come up very lame in the last few years . Every release a #9 , # 7 , # 1 and a 2 ball. You really have to go back to see a Rossie , # 5 mallet ..my favorite , never have offered a # 3 or a 6,
I realize due to the numbers they can't offer us everything , but gees... shake up the line up now again you don't know what may sell unless you offer it up.
gb

As a lefty I agree with the OP here, Odessey has come up very lame in the last few years . Every release a #9 , # 7 , # 1 and a 2 ball. You really have to go back to see a Rossie , # 5 mallet ..my favorite , never have offered a # 3 or a 6,
I realize due to the numbers they can't offer us everything , but gees... shake up the line up now again you don't know what may sell unless you offer it up.
gb

Dude they know what sells. Lefty putters make up a small small margin so they release a smaller amount of putters for us. Honestly they do better than most OEMS by far

There is and will be a LH Havok. I have tried it myself.

Also the Jailbird will come in LH.

Late to this party, but I have to add a vote of confidence to LaMont…I own 3 brass MK's and love them all. LaMont and Lumpy at Xenon are two great putter artists...

As a leftie, I love Odyssey because there are so many LH options. Most stores around me carry a poor selection of LH putters but CPO and on-line sites have the whole gambit of them.

Perhaps, it's just me, but I have found Callaway to be one of the more accommodating OEMs for us lefthanders. Other than my Hot2X irons for which I was fitted, the best equipment acquisition I made was my Odyssey counter balance putter with a super stroke grip. My more expensive Scotty is in the garage gathering dust. I have demoed just about every recent driver offered to lefties by Callaway, but for reasons I can't explain, I can't hit any of them better than my old Tailormade.

Back