Buying clubs is like buying a car.

Breaking 79

Ankle
Reaction score
Handicap
Aloha folks.

I need new irons. Just got done with my woods and wedges, now for the irons.
I got fitted last month and was given a few options in my fitting range. Since I haven't bought clubs in 10 years, stuff has come all long way. Need some advice/help.

My options:
Low end: W/S C200 6-GW $599
Mid end: Mizuno jpx EZ 6-GW $699 or forged $749
Hi end: Used CB501 Miura 5-PW $1050. Very good condition just some sole marks. Faces are in excellent condition, previous owner treated them well.

I have no idea where to go with this. Prolly be my last clubs I buy for awhile.

Btw: +1 length and up 2 degrees on the lie if that helps. I have a slight fade. Not too much.

Thanks.

I would pick the ones you hit the best and is in your budget. I don't think just because something is cheaper it won't perform as well. There is a lot of good info on the C-200 review thread. I hit the 7 iron today and liked it, but ended up with something else.

I saw c200 and low end and thought ? But I realized you were just talking money wise. A lot of happy campers with those irons.

Yeah I agree on you buy what you can hit. I hit all three none where fitted exactly to my specs. Read thru about every thread, review, blogs etc etc. watched a ton a vid's. Actually the testing thread of the c200 brought me here. When I t4sted the clubs, they all felt really well in my hands and not too much of a difference out side of gaining 10 years with the Miura. I'm so afraid of making the wrong purchase. Ughggh

WS C200. Best bang for your buck. Great technology. Use the $ difference to buy some new golf gear or shoes.
Thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy what you like the best if you buy something silly by price you won't be happy

Something that suits your eye, you hit well, and in the price range you want to spend. Good Luck with your choice!

Back