Cure Putters Review Thread

Are there any plans to bring a new colorful headcover to retail? Or are there any aftermarket options to fit a rx3f?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a tough first day with the Rxi that i picked up. Sound isn't my favorite, and I struggled with consistency on distance, and left quite a few well short. The ball didn't seem to want to roll. I'm hoping some more time on the practice green tomorrow can turn it around.

An OK day with the CX2, today. Not as good as yesterday (33 putts, today), but a couple of birds. I really want to be able to start posting in the No 3 Putts streak thread, and I'm feeling better about my chances since moving to the Cure.

I had another solid putting round with the RX3F yesterday. After a three-putt on the first hole--I didn't think the punched greens would be nearly as fast as they were--everything was very solid. One thing I really like is that my lag putting seems to have improved dramatically. For whatever reason, it seems much easier to get the speed of those longer putts right. I still may put a Superstroke on though because I had a couple of pushes and one pull on putts in the 6-10 foot range that I felt I should have made. It could very well be me getting my hands involved, a problem that a Superstroke really helped with on my old putter.

Still not really getting along with the RXi. Spent another hour + on the practice green working on pace, and while it was better than yesterday, I still don't feel confident standing over the ball that it will put the proper roll on the ball. It may very well be a sound thing, but I'm pretty sure this will be in the marketplace this week...

Still not really getting along with the RXi. Spent another hour + on the practice green working on pace, and while it was better than yesterday, I still don't feel confident standing over the ball that it will put the proper roll on the ball. It may very well be a sound thing, but I'm pretty sure this will be in the marketplace this week...

Which shaft do you have in it?

Offset. But I'm used to an offset putter

LOL...purely a selfish question. The straight shafts will flip for left or right hand. The offsets won't. (That's my understanding at least)

LOL...purely a selfish question. The straight shafts will flip for left or right hand. The offsets won't. (That's my understanding at least)

Ah, got it. Sorry

Finally put the Cure in the bag today for an actual round of golf. Played two rounds....30 and 31 putts. Burned a lot of edges. No three putts which is huge. This putter is a game changer. The biggest thing that I noticed is that three different times I hit a putt and thought that's a miss because my mechanics felt wrong for the stroke and somehow the putt found the cup. With my old putter...if I had that sensation that I hit a bad putt....it wasn't going in the hole.

Finally put the Cure in the bag today for an actual round of golf. Played two rounds....30 and 31 putts. Burned a lot of edges. No three putts which is huge. This putter is a game changer. The biggest thing that I noticed is that three different times I hit a putt and thought that's a miss because my mechanics felt wrong for the stroke and somehow the putt found the cup. With my old putter...if I had that sensation that I hit a bad putt....it wasn't going in the hole.

That is very similar to what I had when I had the RX2 in my bag.

Rolled 30 putts today. Only one 3 putt. Decided I am just going to stick with the Cure. I just putt better with it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Interesting weekend w the Cure Rx2.

Wednesday - 32 putts
Thursday - 35 putts.
Saturday - 39 putts. Greens were baked but that is no excuse - I missed some easy ones.
Sunday - 32 putts.

Not sure what it means - but if I can get under 34 putts, I will stick with the putter. I usually am at 35-36 putts per round.

Played 36 with the CX2 in the bag. Left all 6 of the weights i tried them in different spots but it doesn't really affect the toe hang just makes the head lighter which i don't like.

Some thoughts:

Short putts 5' and in no different from my gamer good alignment aid at the top and the stroke feels good and easy to convert the putts.

Mid range 6'-20' i feel like this is where this putter was outstanding for me. More forgiveness on mishits but held the line and speed that I wanted and I converted some really good mid range putts for me that I feel like i don't necessarily make with my gamer.

Long range 21' and longer. This is where I did not like the cure at all and maybe it's the weight or my stroke but i couldn't get comfortable with distances and multiple times from distance the ball hopped off the face and bounced a few times and ended up significantly short of the target.

I do like the feel of the grip and look and address though.

I took my CX1 out for a second round. I have it with 2 weights removed which I believe plays at 362 grams. I find the balance and feel of this putter outstanding. Forgiveness is excellent and even a mediocre stroke provides solid results. The real standout change for me is distance control. I usually struggle with distance control but this putter has been a real game changer for me. The guys I was playing with were all trying it after my third lengthy one putt on the front nine. Two rounds without a three putt is refreshing, especially this early in the season. I am in serious love with this putter.

Rolled 30 putts today. Only one 3 putt. Decided I am just going to stick with the Cure. I just putt better with it.

It'll be a battle of the cures next week!

I've almost always been in the 34-36 putts range for the last few years, even when I shoot some of my best scores. Since dialing in the RX3F, I've been much more consistently in the low 30s, including a few sub 30 rounds. Now if the rest of my game would just cooperate so I could take advantage of those 3-5 strokes.

I have an first generation RX3 in hand to mess around with. Just putting around the carpet, I feel pretty good about this putter. If I'm forced to hand it back to the owner, the RX4 or 5 with the flange and the center mount seem like a direction I'd go. I'll update once I get a chance to play or practice on a actual green this week.

Wanted to try a Cure putter, and it turns out my regular course just happens to be a Cure dealer. Unfortunately, their selection was limited. They sold their last right handed model yesterday after a guy phoned up desperate to get their hands on one. All they had was a left handed RX5. I thought, what the hell, I'll roll it anyway. I actually holed a few putts with it LOL (I am left handed but play right handed). The thing is massive, and I see now why lots of people talk about the sound. It's certainly a distinctive ting. I'm hoping they get some right handed models in soon, particularly the CX1 so that I can really test one out properly.

Got a little time on the practice green on Friday. Well struck, straight and true. Poorly struck, still damn good. Interesting sound, but performance makes it worth it.

I had it on the highest weight, will need to actually bring the weight set next time to do a proper setup. Otherwise, this bad boy is going in my bag!

Looks like Robert Garrigus is gaming a Cure putter now.

Looks like Robert Garrigus is gaming a Cure putter now.
I saw that, Nick Faldo sounded like a moron trying to name the thing....

Back