Adams Blue Driver Preview

I'm still loving mine too. I had a playing lesson a couple days ago with my coach, and he was impressed with how I was getting off the tee. Just so forgiving even when you don't hit the ball square. And I love that you can cut corners on doglegs without fear, at least around here. It *easily* hits over Texas trees.
I hit one off the heal the other day and was way short of the one I hit on b the screws. Still in play but a ways back.

Really really want to hit this bad boy!

Ive been searching for an update to my Fast 12LS. This looks like it could be it.

Hit this yesterday on the monitor. Very easy to hit with great results. People might be making a mistake passing this one by

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Picked up one of these on eBay recently and played my first two rounds with it the last 2 days. I have to say, I am really liking this driver thus far. I tended to get a little hooky with it in my first 9 holes with it, but the last 27 holes with this club have been phenomenal. My only complaint is that I tend to hit it a bit higher than I am accustomed to, but if my recent results stay consistent, I will be very pleased. Still not 100% comfortable with driver off the tee, so I still hit a lot of 3-wood and driving irons, but it has been a good start with this driver!

Good to hear more people are hitting this and liking it.

Picked up one of these on eBay recently and played my first two rounds with it the last 2 days. I have to say, I am really liking this driver thus far. I tended to get a little hooky with it in my first 9 holes with it, but the last 27 holes with this club have been phenomenal. My only complaint is that I tend to hit it a bit higher than I am accustomed to, but if my recent results stay consistent, I will be very pleased. Still not 100% comfortable with driver off the tee, so I still hit a lot of 3-wood and driving irons, but it has been a good start with this driver!
Tee it up a little lower and/or move the ball back a little in your stance if you don't like the really high launch. I've found that just adjusting the tee height helps me control my launch. I've actually *lost* distance by hitting too high (never a problem for me before) with the Adams. But I can use the same swing starting the ball in a different place to control the ball flight, so I can hit high over trees to cut a corner or punch it low with a lot of roll if it's windy.

Jack you still gaming this one?

Jack you still gaming this one?
Yep. Thinking about the GBB, but I don't play enough right now to justify it. Still like the Blue and I do see better accuracy than my Optiforce, just about 10 yards shorter with the Adams, though.

Yep. Thinking about the GBB, but I don't play enough right now to justify it. Still like the Blue and I do see better accuracy than my Optiforce, just about 10 yards shorter with the Adams, though.
How does the blue compare to the flyz+?

How does the blue compare to the flyz+?

For me, I don't balloon the Cobra as much as the Adams. I seemed to hit maybe 1 or 2 more fairways per round consistently with the Adams, but sacrificed a bit more yardage than I would have preferred. Although I only have a handful of rounds in with the Fly-Z+, I am really enjoying it. My usual miss is off the toe, and it does not seem to take a lot of distance off when I'm out there. I also think the Fly-Z+ looks a lot better than the Blue.

Anyone still gaming one? RBG has them for $99 now.

Aren't you done buying stuff from them? :alien:

Aren't you done buying stuff from them? :alien:

Not really. Did a trade in with them, so I have one more purchase. If they ever get around to issuing me my credit. It's going towards an F6 fairway though.

With RBG and AdamsGolf.com both selling these for 99, I may buy one for our daughter.

Does anyone know the head size on the Blue and the Ladies Blue? I can't find that info.

Look what I found while researching this driver?
adams-langer-event-3_zpsblbjxqhd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Freddie enjoying some testing with Langer. Great find.
I thought about this day and Tadashi's thread on it during the Masters. I gotta admit I was pulling for Langer for a while. I'm sure Freddie had some memories of it as well during the Masters.

I didn't catch what Driver Langer played at the Masters. Anybody know?

I thought about this day and Tadashi's thread on it during the Masters. I gotta admit I was pulling for Langer for a while. I'm sure Freddie had some memories of it as well during the Masters.

I didn't catch what Driver Langer played at the Masters. Anybody know?
I believe Freddie has a great thread about that day if anyone is interested to look back.

Anyway, I believe Langer still plays a version of the Speedline driver.

I believe Freddie has a great thread about that day if anyone is interested to look back.

Anyway, I believe Langer still plays a version of the Speedline driver.

One hell of day!!! And you are correct he has a few Speedline drivers at home.

I know this is old but if you are struggling with the driver do yourself a favor and buy this thing.
I got mine for $70 new/shipped. I wasn't expecting much but took a flyer on it for that price. It is not the sexiest, or the longest. But it is plenty long, plenty forgiving and it just works.

For under $100 there isn't much risk. Freddie was right...

I know this is old but if you are struggling with the driver do yourself a favor and buy this thing.
I got mine for $70 new/shipped. I wasn't expecting much but took a flyer on it for that price. It is not the sexiest, or the longest. But it is plenty long, plenty forgiving and it just works.

For under $100 there isn't much risk. Freddie was right...

What were you struggling with that the Blue helped to lessen off the tee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one that has been hit maybe 10 times. $60 shipped if your interested. It is very forgiving but the launch angle is wrong for me, otherwise I would keep it. PM if interested and it will be in the Marketplace once I can get pictures. The whole Blue line got lost in the shuffle during the TaylorMade transition. The fairways, hybrids, and irons are as easy to hit as they come. I am currently playing the irons and I am amazed at the forgiveness.....

Consistency / forgiveness. Also, a 2 way miss which rarely shows up atleast for now

I have plenty of distance but without the other 2 it doesn't matter IMO

Consistency / forgiveness. Also, a 2 way miss which rarely shows up atleast for now

I have plenty of distance but without the other 2 it doesn't matter IMO

Interesting. Glad it's working out for you! My misses have gotten a lot better, but my distance hasn't. Doesn't sound like this one would be a good fit for me, but like you said, at the current prices the whole line is a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back