Tips would be appreciated!

Main thing I need help on is constancy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You need input from the Panda! Not me for sure!

it's tough to tell because of the angle of the camera relative to your target line, but it looks like your shoulders might be open to your foot line. i'm not sure whether either is pointed down your target line. it looks like somewhat of an ott move in the downswing, but tough to tell whether that's because of the misalignment of your shoulders or something in the swing. freddie will get you sorted out.

Shoulder turn is way too flat. At the top your shoulders are almost level and you have completely lost your spine angle. The only direction the club can go with this flat a shoulder turn is out and around, not enough down. This is all starts by you taking the club back too far inside and rotating the face way open. Watch this video. Work on your backswing first.

http://video.golfdigest.com/watch/david-leadbetter-the-a-swing-backswing

Welcome to THP!

Everyone is well intentioned but Freddie is the trained professional. Wait for word from The Panda before doing too much of anything with your swing.

First off: Welcome to :thp:
Second: Panda is your friend.

Welcome to THP!

Everyone is well intentioned but Freddie is the trained professional. Wait for word from The Panda before doing too much of anything with your swing.
Thanks you! And thanks for the advice.

Obviously I'm not a trained teacher but to me the biggest issue I see is your hips move towards the ball throughout the swing. Since you're not staying centered, other things have to change. You naturally put the toe of the driver behind the ball so you can hit the center of the face. I also think this is why you have a flat shoulder turn. You try and move your upper body away from the ball to counter your hips moving towards. Your slight over the top move is also to try and bring the club back towards the ball on the downswing (because you've moved closer), which can cause a variety of shots that are unpredictable.

I would put a a chair with a tall back rest behind your rear that just touches your butt. Try to swing a club while keeping your hips touching it throughout. I would not use a ball for awhile to get the feel, also it may be hard to transport a chair to the range. You might be able to stick an alignment stick in the ground and brush up against that.

Hopefully panda will chime in here soon but here's something to get you thinking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Looks like you have very little hip turn.

I don't hate your move, its aggressive and with purpose. You are not tentative in your motion and I like that. You are a big arm swinging and very little body so i want to focus on that. I want you to keep that aggressive pass at the ball but put you in a position that will give you more consistency.

Your lower body action is fine. The upper body is what we need to focus on. We need to get you not to pick the club straight up and get that club moving more around with the shoulders. If we do this I feel you will maintain that spine angle and will not have level shoulders at the top of your swing.

This is going to require that you slow down your tempo and get the club moving more to the inside on the back swing. NOT way inside but we more than I am seeing. The key here is to keep the club low as it moves back away from the ball. Extend that club back as far as you can before you take it to the top. We are keeping the club low with a slower shoulder and arm turn. Typically this will last for about 18" from the ball before you have to start swinging up to the top.

So work on a slower tempo and a low club head away from the ball. All of this while maintaining the flex in your waist that you had at address.

I don't hate your move, its aggressive and with purpose. You are not tentative in your motion and I like that. You are a big arm swinging and very little body so i want to focus on that. I want you to keep that aggressive pass at the ball but put you in a position that will give you more consistency.

Your lower body action is fine. The upper body is what we need to focus on. We need to get you not to pick the club straight up and get that club moving more around with the shoulders. If we do this I feel you will maintain that spine angle and will not have level shoulders at the top of your swing.

This is going to require that you slow down your tempo and get the club moving more to the inside on the back swing. NOT way inside but we more than I am seeing. The key here is to keep the club low as it moves back away from the ball. Extend that club back as far as you can before you take it to the top. We are keeping the club low with a slower shoulder and arm turn. Typically this will last for about 18" from the ball before you have to start swinging up to the top.

So work on a slower tempo and a low club head away from the ball. All of this while maintaining the flex in your waist that you had at address.
Thank you! have been to the range about 4 times since, been working on taking the club back lower with more of a shoulder turn at a better tempo like you suggested. Huge difference and big improvement with accuracy and consistency! Thank you for the help.

Back