2019 Golfing Goals

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A member here has his golfing goals for the year in his signature and that really made me think about what I want to accomplish this year.

70% Fairways and GIR Hit for the Year
Make a birdie in every round
Get my handicap index to 0.0

Events:
Make the Horse Race at my dad's Member/Guest (Low 5 Members and Guests qualify)
Qualify for Minnesota State Open
Win Club Championship

What are yours?

Those are all great goals. Good luck!

My goal isn't really to get better, just play more!

Get back to a 5!

1. Shoot par or better for a round.
2. Lower HC
3. Play more new courses.

Great goals.

I want to have less penalty shots off the tee

Get handicap back under a 10

i would like to have a handicap in the 2s.

i would like to break par for 18 holes.

i would like to get into a thp event.

but above all else, i just want to play and have fun.

Mine are pretty simple:

1. Shoot even par
2. Get my handicap down to at least 5.5
3. Get my kids out on the course more often

Actually hit a golf ball and play more than 1 round.

Serious note:

Improve my swing to be consistent don't care if its ugly, steep, over the top...just consistent that I can repeat and work on.
Iron play - I know my SGI irons are supposed to help and give me confidence but I feel like the look of them with the offset throws me off and I might go to something more CB and just deal with the frustrations

Mine is simple. Find free time within my son's competitive soccer schedule and get on the course 3-4x per month. Might have to wait until June!!

Sub 15 handicap
Hit more fairways: I've never tracked this stat but want to, wouldn't be surprised if I was under 50% last year
Have a few putts for eagle

Break 100, play new courses, have fun.

What is your lowest score so far? New courses are always fun!
112. Average is a bit higher. Started golf late last summer, played few 18 holes and about 10 niners. So, total middleaged newbie :D

I want to play and practice more.

I want to get my putts down to 30-32 a round. After last year, if I can go a round without 3-putting, I'll dance all the way to the truck.

I want to have better game management and avoid the risky, hero-type shots I try that most often lead to multiple others in a round.

I want to hit half or better of my greens in regulation.

If I can do those things somewhat well, my scores will be considerably better.

I want to get selected for a THP event.

Mid teens handicap
Reduce terrible shots
Increase good shots
Be competitive in the Golf Week Amateur Tour and make it to Nationals in SC
Practice daily

Easy goal right now: Play more. All of this rain has really put a damper on my ability to play. :(

I feel your pain. Through February 23, we’ve had just over 21 inches of rain this year.

I feel your pain. Through February 23, we’ve had just over 21 inches of rain this year.
I think we're right around there as well. More than doubled last year's totals already. It's been a sold month of near-steady weather since I saw those numbers.

Posted by my thumbs.

Get my son to golf
Get handicap sub 10.
Green Regulation 50%
Play once a week (even 9 holes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one goal: have as much fun as possible. Everything else will take care of itself.

Dave

Actually hit a golf ball and play more than 1 round.

Serious note:

Improve my swing to be consistent don't care if its ugly, steep, over the top...just consistent that I can repeat and work on.
Iron play - I know my SGI irons are supposed to help and give me confidence but I feel like the look of them with the offset throws me off and I might go to something more CB and just deal with the frustrations

I don't know if a players CB type iron are really that much for frustrating than SGI. It probably depends upon the individual's swing. I don't like that SGI irons come stock with such light shafts.

Dave

112. Average is a bit higher. Started golf late last summer, played few 18 holes and about 10 niners. So, total middleaged newbie :D

Keep at it, you'll get there.

Dave

- Break 90 a few times
- Get my handicap from 22.1 to under 20
- Beat my buddy in our singles match on our golf trip (I beat him 2 years ago, he beat me last year, this is the rubber match)

Well because of work I only get to play every other week. But two things this year.

1. Increase GIR. This is really killing my score. When I play well it’s night and day with the GIR. Need to increase this number.

2. Penalty stokes off the tee. Again I am not doing well with the driver it it’s showing. Going to work with my coach the next couple of weeks as smoother and better off the tee should also help that GIR number as well.

3. Play more. I got 27 rounds in last year. For someone that works every other week and takes the winter off to snowboard I’m still happy with that number. But can always aim higher.

Maintain a + hdcp

Birdie every hole / Eagle every Par 5 @ my home course

Average 30 putts or less per round

Hit 60%+ driving accuracy

Hit 60%+ of GIR

(The PGA Tour averages I could find were 29.27 putts per round, 61.05% driving accuracy and 64.42% GIR)

Back