UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Stay behind that ball baker and stop swaying forward on the downswing!!! Ha!

Oh I have little doubt it's me haha. Which is weird because I've always been a pretty high hitter, but I just want that confirmation on course with a different shaft.

Oh I have little doubt it's me haha. Which is weird because I've always been a pretty high hitter, but I just want that confirmation on course with a different shaft.

I know, I was giving you a hard time. When I start to get lazy or really trying to hit it out of my shoes I find myself way ahead of the ball, body wise, thus hitting the ball much lower than normal. It was just the first thing I thought of when I read your post. Go get it figured out my man!

I know, I was giving you a hard time. When I start to get lazy or really trying to hit it out of my shoes I find myself way ahead of the ball, body wise, thus hitting the ball much lower than normal. It was just the first thing I thought of when I read your post. Go get it figured out my man!

trying to swing my driver out of my shoes? No. never. :alien: That's actually a really good thing to pay attention to though, so thank you. I think that's what I might have started doing.

the shaft didn't seem lower or much different of a ball flight the first couple times I took it out, so that's what is weird and why I pretty much know it's all on me. But I also haven't used a different shaft since I got this one, so I want to do some distance/dispersion comparisons on course as well. this shaft is already my #1 by a landslide simply by looks and feel through the swing alone. Really want one for my 3 and 5 woods as well.

trying to swing my driver out of my shoes? No. never. :alien: That's actually a really good thing to pay attention to though, so thank you. I think that's what I might have started doing.

the shaft didn't seem lower or much different of a ball flight the first couple times I took it out, so that's what is weird and why I pretty much know it's all on me. But I also haven't used a different shaft since I got this one, so I want to do some distance/dispersion comparisons on course as well. this shaft is already my #1 by a landslide simply by looks and feel through the swing alone. Really want one for my 3 and 5 woods as well.

You're on the right path. Process by elimination! Take a few swings at about 50% but only concentrate on staying way behind the ball at impact but letting your hips and legs move forward like normal. The ball flight should take off high.....maybe really high since your so far back. Then increase to 75% doing the same thing. Hopefully the ball flight is still higher. Then go back to your normal swing and see what happens. Good luck!

You're on the right path. Process by elimination! Take a few swings at about 50% but only concentrate on staying way behind the ball at impact but letting your hips and legs move forward like normal. The ball flight should take off high.....maybe really high since your so far back. Then increase to 75% doing the same thing. Hopefully the ball flight is still higher. Then go back to your normal swing and see what happens. Good luck!

Thanks, Nate!

Played 36 holes this past weekend. With the new shaft in play.

Specs:

Shaft is playing 45" in a Cobra Bio Cell set to 11.5*

Conditions:
Morning round was cold, around high 30s with high wind for the morning round, that probably go into the mid 40s by the end.

Afternoon round was high 40s into low 50s with some wind, that wasn't as high.

Ball:

Played the morning round with the Bridgestone E6 and the afternoon round with the Bridgestone B330-RXS.

Initial thoughts.

The Elements Helium is 59g vs the stock shaft I was gaming at 62g. It does feel lighter, but not by a lot. The stiffness feels pretty similar, but I do like the feel of the Helium better when I'm loading it, on well struck shot the ball launched higher but a more penetrating flight than I'm used to with the stock shaft.

My first 3 drives of the day were bombs. First hole into the wind was the best drive of the day, registered at 235 total distance.

The other two drives were 239 and 252 respectively.

Another great drive that I hit was on the back 9, the #1 handicap hole on the course, 376 yard par 4 narrow landing area uphill into the wind. Arccos read the distance at 204, but based on conditions I think it would have been closer to 240, right in the middle of the fairway.

This was taking the left side out for me completely and it was perfect point and shoot.

Towards the end I started to lose my swing and it carried over into my next round where driving was abysmal and I couldn't get off the tee, but that is definitely me and not the shaft.

Need to get this on a LM and compare the two.

Thanks again. Started to bomb my drives again tonight. So now that I have that figured out the Elements will go back in and we'll get this thing really dialed in and dangerous.

Hit some exceptional drives (well for me anyways) tonight. Straight down the middle, long (for me), putting me in great position for my second shots. The big draw off the 1st tee threw me for a loop to start the round, but overall drove the ball very well tonight.

Would love it if I could get my swing back enough to give me those extra 10 or 15 (or 40) yards I seem to have lost over the years.

Another big thanks to Nate. That simple tip was huge and my swing is way better now.

With that, the Elements Helium really shined tonight. Just nice high bombs and the feel and load were outstanding. Flight is not only high (where I want it) but also penetrating. Fun to watch the ball on that flight path.

Another big thanks to Nate. That simple tip was huge and my swing is way better now.

With that, the Elements Helium really shined tonight. Just nice high bombs and the feel and load were outstanding. Flight is not only high (where I want it) but also penetrating. Fun to watch the ball on that flight path.

Your bill is in the mail! Ha! Glad that worked my friend! Fun when things go like they are suppose to!

UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Went to the range for an all out battle of drivers and shafts.

Heads: Callaway Great Big Bertha vs Legacy Black II

Shafts:
UST Elements Helium 5F4 (~59g, Stiff)
Project X handcrafted LZ60 6.0 (~60g after trimming, stiff)
Aldila Tour Green 65x (~60-63g after trimming, X-stiff)
Aldila Rouge I/O 60x (~65g, X-stiff)

GBB was definitely the best head for me as my miss is high center, and the GBB is stupid forgiving for that miss. Also seemed more lively off the face off sound/feel.

As for shafts, the UST won out for both heads. Load and feel throughout the swing is what put it ahead of the others. No launch monitor, so can't tell spin or anything, but almost every shaft seemed to have very similar launch/flight and carry numbers. My number 2 on the day was the Aldila tour green in X, also for both heads. Again, what appeared to be very similar launch/flight and carry numbers, but it just didn't even come close to the UST Helium in terms of feel throughout the swing. The Elements Helium is just fantastic, and I'm glad I was finally able to get to the range to solidify what I had thought after times on course. I'd say the Tour Green feels to have a slightly tighter dispersion, but it's very slight and I'm guessing that's just due to the X-stiff in nature.

I seriously love this Elements Helium.

I put the HeF5 back into the XR today. Yeah, I really like that shaft. Light stable and easy to just swing away and be confident that it's going where you aim.

Well I finally decided, this is going in a JGR, now to find a tip and get it installed, can't wait to swing it as a combo!

I've been way too busy lately to try my Helium in my Vapor Pro, but once I get back from Hawaii it's happening. Just need to put a grip on it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This shaft was incredible this weekend. Played 36 with it paired in the GBB, and it was one of my best driving days in a long time. Swing easy and it just bombs.

I know tech is at an all time high in the golf industry so it's no surprise how well this shaft performs. It doesn't fix poor swings but it most certainly rewards good swings or even average swings. I have mine paired with the GBB and really can't say enough about it. From the color to the performance it just shines. It's one of those items I wish I had more than one setup. I want to make sure I continue to enjoy what I'm seeing for a long time.

I'd be curious to try one of these as the shaft I have now is 49g, but built pretty long to max distance and keep the swing weight in the D2-D3 range. Could be a good one here!!!

Had this shaft back in play for 72 holes last week.

Really love the performance. I am continuing to see a higher trajectory in my launch than I was with the PX shaft in my driver. The best thing is distance has been pretty consistent at 235 avg right now (with some long bombs mixed in) even though it's been pretty cold, I'm hoping that as the weather gets warmer I will start seeing some distance increases.

I can't really tell that the shaft is lighter, but when I'm swinging (when it's a good swing). It seems like I'm getting through a lot quicker than I was before. It is a lighter shaft but it still feels just as stiff as the Project X as well.

Also I'm a big fan of the white at address.

Last weekend, I put the Callaway XR 16 driver with the Helium back in play for the whole round. Hit 7 fairways and really enjoyed this combo again. Love how stable it feels!

Had this in play today, soggy wet and cold longest drive was 233 yds.

On the good swings I put on it, I was seeing the same higher launching ball flight just no roll.

Really love the 59g weight of this shaft.

Left mine at home today, as my buddy wanted to try my GBB with Kuro Kage...... what a mistake.

Missed having this shaft in play from the first tee to the last tooday.

Played GBB with custom Helium today and was best driving with GBB I've had in a while. Overall didn't play well but hit 8 FIR.

This shaft will be on full display today in AZ. Looking forward to the harder fairways and target golf. Should be a fun test of a great shaft.

This monster was back in play yesterday. Hit 2 bombs for me, one went straight thru the fairway and one was a straight push right almost to the parking lot, but the launch was there. I have 34 days to get this performing at peak performance (for me) such a great shaft and the looks push it over the top. (I did hit a couple of lame shots to)

This is a very solid shaft and can see why guys who,have been to UST are having success. Very stable throughout the swing and light weight. I hit OITWs combo yesterday on the range and came away wanting one.

Back