What's your acceptable draw/fade

I've just been practicing for #TheGauntlet and a lot of my shots were hooking about 30-40 yards or so. My better ones were about 15-20 yards.

This made me wonder about what is everyone's tolerance for how much their shots fade/draw.

Ideally, I wouldn't mind a fairly consistent 10-15 yard draw but any more than that would make it seem tough to play; especially if you need to aim so far out and there's trouble out there.

How much of a fade/draw do you play and accept?

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Anything that ends up reasonably playable. Usually my worst ones are wind caused. My natural shot is a fade, and with a driver off the tee, a headwind or left to right crosswind can be a real adventure.

Pretty straight maybe a 5 to 7 yard draw with my irons. Driver I just try to hit as hard as I can.

With irons I don't want to see them moving much, just a few yards depending on the wind, my natural flight with irons is a draw but I only like seeing move a few yards. Hybrids I am good with 5 -10 yards depending. I will play for more if that option keeps me from having to carry a bunker at a tucked pin. A lot of the time I just like to move the ball into a light cross wind so it doesn't look like it is moving just holding its line. There really is no right or wrong but playing for 15 yards plus is asking for trouble probably, unless you just can't hit it straighter, then live with what you have and make it work.

That's my opinion too, but sometimes the bad habits creep in and I'm fubar. lol

10 yards either way and I'm smiling, anymore than that something needs adjusted.

The acceptable about of drawbar fade is determined by the size of the target, for me always

If I can keep my draw down to 10 yards, I am happy.

Anything more that 10 yards offline and I consider it a miss.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. More than 10 yards or so and a fade is a slice.....

I honestly don't like to see the ball move at all, either way. Failing that, anything under 10 yds is acceptable. I'm not saying I'm always able to do that, just that for myself anything over 10 yds is a hook or slice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Acceptable for me on course is going to depend on the circumstances. My stock shot is a draw. I would prefer for my ball to start right of my intended target line and fall back left to the target line without crossing it. Unfortunately it usually travels 10-15 yards left of the target line. I consider that a hook and an unwanted result.

I don't usually hit a draw, my stock shot is a fade. The amount of movement I'm looking for depends on the club. I'm good with 5-15 yards with a driver, 5-10 yards with a 5-iron, 3-5 yards with an 8-iron and then just a couple of yards of fade or straight inside of 140 yards.

One of my practice goals this year, if the weather ever allows it, is to play practice rounds by alternating shots between fade and draw to be able to incorporate a draw into my game when called for. Plus it'll make it more challenging and fun.

Success is in the eye of the beholder in this case. Generally less movement is easier to control but we all know a guy named bubba...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I love a fade or draw, and very seldom do I hit a draw, the when the ball gets to it's highest point in it's flight then moves slightly to the right, or left. Anything more than that amount of movement is a slice, or hook.

I like to keep it at 5 yards either way.

Back