Are spike-less shoes actually more comfortable?

I agree they are more comfortable but if the grass is wet I need the spikes for traction. The newer spikeless shoes have improved but with side hill lies they just don't work as well for me.

I think what makes a shoe more comfortable rarely has much to do with whether it's got ports for spikes. But I do think once you no longer need those ports, you can really expand how to make the shoe as inviting as possible.

For those who are saying that the spike-less are more comfortable, do you think if they made a spiked version of the shoe, would it be as comfortable?

Do you think it was the style of spiked shoe that was making it not as comfortable? ie. Traditional golf shoe vs a sneaker golf shoe

I don't know if they are specifically more comfortable, but they are considerably lighter, which can be equated to comfort.

I have both. But I have way more spikeless shoes than spiked. I have 10 pairs of spikeless shoes. I have this many in two locations because I also use them in my line of work - I need something waterproof and durable and rubber soled. They also look good, they don't make me look like I'm on my way to play golf or a member of the Village People.

That said, spiked shoes have their uses and are better on wet turf, especially after a rain.

I think most products have come a long way in terms of comfort. My Eccos are great for comfort, but the rest are not far behind - Nike, Adidas, FootJoy, Mizuno, Ashworth, Oakley, whether spiked or spikeless.

Don't care what type of golf shoe.....always nice to take them off after 18 holes

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Spikeless are typically more comfortable, but things have changed recently with better insole in the shoes and points where the spikes are placed on the foot.

Yes for sure. I wore steel for years walking every round and my feet always hurt. My home course still sells steel spikes and allows them, but I've gone 99% spikeless and love it. If it is early in the day with heavy dew, I will wear soft spikes and I still carry a set of shoes with steel in them, but only use them in very wet conditions. Spikeless all the way these days.

I have several pairs of Ecco and True spikeless and like them better than my spiked shoes.

For me it's the brand. I'm a big fan of ECCOs. I have both spiked and spikeless ECCOs and they're both the most comfortable shoes I own.

I was definitely a spiked guy for a while. I thought Spikeless was inferior for some reason. Then I actually tried a pair of the bio fusion leathers and realized how wrong I was. I think the more sneaker design as well as the weight of the Spikeless make them feel slightly more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been in ecco shoes for almost 3 years now. Work great in all FL conditions and are super comfortable. Mine are even more comfortable as I have custom footbeds in them. Use the same ones from my snowboard boots. Work awesome! Good footbeds are the key to any comfortable shoe regardless of sport.

Not a fan of spike-less shoes. Every time I am with someone who wears them I hear complaints about slipping. Why wear shoes that take away performance?

I really like my ash worth cardiffs. Very comfortable and no slipping

Swear by my Ecco Biom Hybrids. Nothing else I've tried matches them. The yak leather is for real. Once you go Yak, you'll never go back.

I think the Nike TW 15 is the best of both worlds. It is as comfortable as spikeless with 4 spikes. I judt got the black and will get the silver.

My spikes are really comfortable.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I use spikeless golf shoes for playing golf at driving range, or going to office, shopping malls, etc ..... I use shoes with spikes only for playing golf at golf course. My shoes are FootJoy.

I walk at least 95% of my rounds and for me spikeless are more comfortable walking shoes. They seem to typically be lighter and more flexible.

I've never tried a spike-less shoe but I'm eyeing a pair of size 11 closeout Adidas at the club that they haven't been able to sell in the last 4 months. I'm waiting for them to go 60% off.

the insole and uppers will determine comfort more than a few removable spikes

there are so many different spikeless styles these days that there really should be no problem with sacrificing comfort for performance, for example Nike's spikeless design is very different from Adidas' spikeless design

For me, it has always come down to the brand rather than the type. Playing a lot of football (soccer), you get to know what fits your feet and what doesn't pretty sharpish. I always wore Puma, and I've stuck with them for golf as they have always felt comfortable to me - studded, spiked or not. I'm lucky the brand that fits me best also make some pretty good shoes.

I have 5 pairs of golf shoes. Four have soft spikes and one is spikeless. The spikeless are great for the range and anytime I know I've got other errands to run after playing. If I'm going straight to the course and straight back, I'll throw on some sandals for the drive and change into spiked shoes in the parking lot.

Back