The People v. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story - FX

The knife thing is interesting. Although it won't change anything.

It's like Bill Cosby all over again. LOL
It's like the actual case all over again. There is (presumably) massively incriminating evidence against OJ and the LAPD screws it up. I know the case is over and I understand double jeopardy but a police officer thinks it's acceptable to keep a bloody knife from a crime scene for his personal collection to display??? WTH?

This is the best thing on tv at the moment!!!!

Because Avery couldn't afford better attorneys.
While it may have helped if you believe this is the leading factor I have some land in Florida for sale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's like the actual case all over again. There is (presumably) massively incriminating evidence against OJ and the LAPD screws it up. I know the case is over and I understand double jeopardy but a police officer thinks it's acceptable to keep a bloody knife from a crime scene for his personal collection to display??? WTH?
Ya think this will bounce back on said artifact collector? It should, that's for sure.

While it may have helped if you believe this is the leading factor I have some land in Florida for sale.

No. I believe Avery murdered that poor girl.

Ya think this will bounce back on said artifact collector? It should, that's for sure.

I'd like to hear from members who are in law enforcement on this one. I read they aren't sure when the knife was found, who found it and that the now retired PO may have thought the case was closed (it isn't).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to hear from members who are in law enforcement on this one. I read they aren't sure when the knife was found, who found it and that the now retired PO may have thought the case was closed (it isn't).

He would know the case wasn't closed, he would have known he shouldn't be in possession of the knife if he thought it had any ties to any murder, closed or not. I can only think he was hanging on to one day sell it.

You also think OJ only got off because of high priced lawyers?

Ummmm, the glove didn't fit!!!!! Silly

It certainly didn't hurt.

A couple of tidbits from the last episode that I thought were interesting (and were verified as true by other sources) were that Nicole's house was stripped empty before the juror visit, OJs house was redecorated to make him more culturally black for that same visit and Judge Ito was caught up in the limelight and fame of the case.

I absolutely think he got off because of the number and quality of his attorneys. All of that was made possible by his wealth and fame. I have no doubt that 100% of people are convicted with regular representation and those same facts

I absolutely think he got off because of the number and quality of his attorneys. All of that was made possible by his wealth and fame. I have no doubt that 100% of people are convicted with regular representation and those same facts

I'd disagree.

All it took was turning the trial into a media circus about race. There was no way he was going to be convicted after that.

Because Avery couldn't afford better attorneys.

I thought Avery did have good lawyers. Didn't he blow all his compo on good, expensive lawyers? Brendan Dassey on the other hand..........

I'd disagree.

All it took was turning the trial into a media circus about race. There was no way he was going to be convicted after that.

Black men are convicted every single day even though attorneys raise issues of race. I get the point but you can't discount the quality of representation he had. It wasn't called the dream team for nothing.

Black mens trials aren't filmed and shown on TV everyday. He was also a high profile celebrity to add fuel to the fire.

I won't disagree they played it perfect but as soon as the media was allowed in that trial was over.

As a New Girl fan, this one really made me chuckle, but holy cow is it a good impression!

Did you just admit to being a New Girl fan?

Yep! The first step is admitting you have a problem right! My wife and I love watching it, super funny.

A couple of tidbits from the last episode that I thought were interesting (and were verified as true by other sources) were that Nicole's house was stripped empty before the juror visit, OJs house was redecorated to make him more culturally black for that same visit and Judge Ito was caught up in the limelight and fame of the case.

I haven't seen the episode yet but how does one make their home more culturally black? Serious question.

I will admit this too...that show is funny.

I haven't seen the episode yet but how does one make their home more culturally black? Serious question.

Lose the photos of all your white golf buddies, the half naked photo of a white chick on your bedside table. Then bring in some African art, some civil rights art, photos of momma....done.

They replaced all the pictures of him playing golf, dating white women, etc., and replaced it with African art, a Norman Rockwell painting from Cochran's home that depicted African Americans, etc. Just so people know, "more culturally black" is essentially how the show depicts Johnny Cochran and Carl Douglas describing it, not me.

Back