PXI Shaft comments

Shep

Reaction score
Handicap
8-16
Of the 40 sets of irons I have owned over the years I have played lots of various shafts but never PXI. I am interested in a used set with PXi 6.0. From what I understand the PXI plays much softer to flex tham PX. Although I have played PX 6.0 in past and could still play them I much rather have a bit more flex with age and all. Currently play Modus Tour 105 stiff in one of my sets and KBS Tour Flighted 110 regular in the other FWIW. Oddly enough I can't find a club in the area with the PXI to even demo. I feel based on what I have read the shaft will work out fine but doesn't hurt to solicit opinions.

Of the 40 sets of irons I have owned over the years I have played lots of various shafts but never PXI. I am interested in a used set with PXi 6.0. From what I understand the PXI plays much softer to flex tham PX. Although I have played PX 6.0 in past and could still play them I much rather have a bit more flex with age and all. Currently play Modus Tour 105 stiff in one of my sets and KBS Tour Flighted 110 regular in the other FWIW. Oddly enough I can't find a club in the area with the PXI to even demo. I feel based on what I have read the shaft will work out fine but doesn't hurt to solicit opinions.
The PXI shafts are usually a costly upgrade, which is why you're probably having a hard to finding one to demo. I have hit them, and I don't know if I'd say they play a flex soft. But they do definitely have a smoother feel than any of the other PX shafts in the same flex. Very smooth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I LOVE my px 6.0 and play the pxi 6.0 in my 60* for a bit more feel. It definitely feels lighter and a bit softer but I don't really hit full shots with it for a full comparison. On 3/4 and 1/2 shots it feels pretty similar, launches I feel a touch higher as well.

I currently have a set of TM P-770's with PX 6.5 and Srixon 965's with PX PXI 6.5.... I wouldn't say the PXI's play softer at all, but they are 20 grams lighter so maybe thats why people say they feel softer. To me, other than weight being noticeable, the flex feels exactly the same to me.

Also I believe the PXI's are not produced anymore. they're not available on the project X site and you won't find them on any club manufacturer's site as an upgrade

I was fit to them and played them a season.

They don't play softer to flex in my experiences, and if they do it isn't by much, I say that having played 6.5 in both PXi and PX.

Now, they DO have some actual feel to them, unlike the PX rebar, I think many on the internet confuse that for playing softer to flex.

Damn solid iron shafts.

PXi should fly like OG PX but with a softer feel under the hands and obviously lighter weight.

if anyone would know, it would be that guy.

I have the PXi in my old 716 AP2's & love them. That's why I just finished reshafting them into my AP3's. Unfortunately I haven't hit them yet since I'm still rehabbing from hip surgery. But I can't wait to give them a go. Just like he said though, they may feel softer in the hands than the original & lighter weight. Good for us old guys! :act-up:

I had a knee and hip replaced and probably looking at other , Anyway looking at the two shafts I listed in a post here on the two sets I currently play you feel I am OK with the PXI 6.0?

I had a knee and hip replaced and probably looking at other , Anyway looking at the two shafts I listed in a post here on the two sets I currently play you feel I am OK with the PXI 6.0?

they should work fine

Original Gangster.

A dated reference to be sure.

I was gonna say "original" but ... Original Gangster sounds better :act-up:

Back