Official THP Event Pondering Thread

Man they just go way to fast.

So true. A bunch of fun, golf and catching up with friends then boom everyone is on their way home.

Ihave re-evaluated my priorities and will unashamedly try for every single one I can without conflict. I DO NOT care what it is. They are all special and PEDS is a real malady with only one cure.

JM

After The Gauntlet, I'm keeping an eye on the Handcrafted Experience with Project X and of course The Grandaddy!

Last edited:
Ugghhhh....this one is weighing on my mind heavily.

Been lucky enough to already attend one THP event this year....and had thoughts of attending a solid 3 more if able to get in (Hogan, Cup, and Vegas). Now coming to the realization that I can only attend one event that requires travel. Of those 2, the wife has a serious interests in attending 1 with me and completely supports it (Vegas).

Knowing that I have a large tax bill upcoming and just got a bill today from when the Chihuahua nipped me in the mouth from the hospital - $375. Just too many wants and not enough funds to support them all.

I HATE not being able to go after events that I want to attend...damn kitchen remodel and subsequent loan is putting a serious crimp in my wants.

Been lucky enough to already attend one THP event this year....and had thoughts of attending a solid 3 more if able to get in (Hogan, Cup, and Vegas). Now coming to the realization that I can only attend one event that requires travel. Of those 2, the wife has a serious interests in attending 1 with me and completely supports it (Vegas).

Knowing that I have a large tax bill upcoming and just got a bill today from when the Chihuahua nipped me in the mouth from the hospital - $375. Just too many wants and not enough funds to support them all.

I HATE not being able to go after events that I want to attend...damn kitchen remodel and subsequent loan is putting a serious crimp in my wants.
Wife doesn't want to hit the beautiful beaches of South Carolina?

Wife doesn't want to hit the beautiful beaches of South Carolina?

She was there with me in 2012 & 2013. She wants Vegas now....can't blame her.

I'm with you Cookie. I had to hold off on registering for either Club Clash or Kickoff Classic due to some work stuff that never materialized, and now there aren't many events left to sign up for. I hope to work my way into something yet, but we will see if it happens or not.

It is great that every event is pretty much filling up immediately though. Great that so many newbies are getting a proper indoctrination of how this isn't just some internet forum.

Damn cookie, that is tough. I have similar wants and realities. If I were you I would definitely do Vegas, because when you get the W you also get to go to Covington. #justsaying It's one of the reasons why Regional Rivalry was so high on the list for me, not just repping my Region but the chance at the True Temper trip.

Feel your pain Cookie. A lot of events I want to throw the hat in for, but not sure I can swing them at the moment.

Damn cookie, that is tough. I have similar wants and realities. If I were you I would definitely do Vegas, because when you get the W you also get to go to Covington. #justsaying It's one of the reasons why Regional Rivalry was so high on the list for me, not just repping my Region but the chance at the True Temper trip.

It's where I'm leaning now...because I need to make the wife happy. Vast majority of our "trips" the last 4 years have involved golf and she's been very patient with me. Now she really wants one and it includes golf which is good for me.

All in all, I'm lucky that this is an "issue"....very fortunate to have THP in my life in the capacity that it is.

Feel your pain bro. Hope to see you in Vegas

I will join you in that club Cookie. Since the Gauntlet filled up I've been eyeing Vegas and Hogan. I'd really love to do one or the other, then reality sets in and it might be stretching it. We are trying to buy a house and then hoping to visit Italy at the end of the year. I wouldn't say I have FOMO, I just miss teeing it up with my THP brethren!

I will join you in that club Cookie. Since the Gauntlet filled up I've been eyeing Vegas and Hogan. I'd really love to do one or the other, then reality sets in and it might be stretching it. We are trying to buy a house and then hoping to visit Italy at the end of the year. I wouldn't say I have FOMO, I just miss teeing it up with my THP brethren!

Priorities and you are dead right.
THP Events will be here post buying the house brother.

Being older I am lucky to have the kids grown and a job that I put in so much OT (on Salary, so not paid but time off) that I can take off almost anytime I want if things are covered. Again because I travel so much I have a lot of Sky miles to use, but the end result is you have to be lucky enough to make the cut.

It is great so many are trying for the Events, it must make JB and GG proud that their dream is working. Just have to keep swinging and hope to get in the Hogan or Cup or Vegas or Wilson or PX Shaft Experience or Heaven forbid the efffffing Granddaddy of them all!!!!! Rock on THP.

Man, the cup hits everything I want in an event. Pondering and wanting in that one bad

It's hard to determine what events to go for because even if you apply it doesn't mean you will get in. I'm hoping to actually get in 3 or 4 . The Regional Rivalry is my first competition, I feel very fortunate to get selected. It seems odd to keep applying when the first one hasn't occurred yet but there lots more that sound great also!

It's hard to determine what events to go for because even if you apply it doesn't mean you will get in. I'm hoping to actually get in 3 or 4 . The Regional Rivalry is my first competition, I feel very fortunate to get selected. It seems odd to keep applying when the first one hasn't occurred yet but there lots more that sound great also!

Nothing odd about applying to an event before another one happens at all.

I was in two events before the calendar even kicked off this year. Had no issue applying for a second when I was still waiting on the first.

Nothing odd about applying to an event before another one happens at all.

I was in two events before the calendar even kicked off this year. Had no issue applying for a second when I was still waiting on the first.
Exactly.

I've learned as time has gone on and THP has grown, enter them all and then sort it out if you're selected, otherwise there will always be what if and regret.

Last edited:
Im pondering the Grandaddy and how ****ING PERFECT IT IS and that we are about to kick it off soon.

^^^Post of the day!!!

Thinking all about #TheCup right now with signups in a couple of days. Two teams battling it out at True Blue & Caledonia in team play, with winner taking all.

Thinking all about #TheCup right now with signups in a couple of days. Two teams battling it out at True Blue & Caledonia in team play, with winner taking all.
Everyone is in for a treat especially the guys that get in the event. Two amazing courses and bonding with your team and the forum nothing else like it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Everyone is in for a treat especially the guys that get in the event. Two amazing courses and bonding with your team and the forum nothing else like it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Continues to be an awesome venue for all that you've listed. The staff down there is first rate!

Back