First golf fitting

Lurp06x

Reaction score
Handicap
???
Finally taking the plunge and going to swing some clubs at a shop with a fitter. Scheduled a fitting at a local shop where I grew up that is 2 hours away from where I live now. Hopefully I can find something that works. I have been told they have everything and that a Cobra Rep will be there as well. Super excited to see what happens. :D

First One
g.png

Have fun with it.

Good luck with it!

So I got fitted for some clubs! Went to the Rochester Indoor Golf Center. Very nice group of people to work with. I ended up getting 5-pw Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pros. I tried Wilson, Callaway, cobra, and ping all the new models and Mizuno ended up being the one. My Lie came out standard and length stayed standard. Shaft is a stiff dynamic gold 105 stiff and grip was the biggest surprise with going for an oversized grip. I guess I have big hands.

It did take awhile to warm up and getting use to hitting off a mat. I have never hit off a mat before. But it was very fun. My dad even scheduled a fitting for tomorrow. So we will see what happens for him.

Would very much recommend this place for anyone to go and get fitted.

So I got fitted for some clubs! Went to the Rochester Indoor Golf Center. Very nice group of people to work with. I ended up getting 5-pw Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pros. I tried Wilson, Callaway, cobra, and ping all the new models and Mizuno ended up being the one. My Lie came out standard and length stayed standard. Shaft is a stiff dynamic gold 105 stiff and grip was the biggest surprise with going for an oversized grip. I guess I have big hands.

It did take awhile to warm up and getting use to hitting off a mat. I have never hit off a mat before. But it was very fun. My dad even scheduled a fitting for tomorrow. So we will see what happens for him.

Would very much recommend this place for anyone to go and get fitted.

I'm glad your fitting was so successful. Those are some nice irons into which you were fit. How did they determine you need midsize grips? I've always thought I need larger grips.

They had me show them how I gripped my club and my fingers are being tucked under my palm of my hand to just grip my club. I have pretty big hands which I think they already determine that they would check on during the fitting. We even were looking at longer lengths of the club but stuck with standard because i kept chunking the club.

Back