NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha as soon as I say that, goal for the Lightning, 1-0 good guys.

So Jamie McGinn 2 goals 2 games #beastmode

Haha, Stamkos keeps the scoring going with an empty netter. Now 4-1 Bolts. 8 game winning streak.

Haha, Stamkos keeps the scoring going with an empty netter. Now 4-1 Bolts. 8 game winning streak.

Are we headed for a Bolts/Caps conference final. That will add some spice to the thread.

It is coming. You want to babysit the Bash Brothers while I go make it happen?

I will load them up with Avs gear or buy them Pens jerseys to match their dad. Maybe just put them in Caps diapers so they can join me in crapping on the Crapitals. :alien:

What do you believe ultimately wins 7 game series in the playoffs ??? to me its special teams ie: power play and penalty killing and probably thje most important thing .... goaltending ... when teams are even like in the eastern conference the goalie MUST steal a game or maybe even 2 ...

and i see your comments on the Caps .. the biggest thing this season is Barry Trots and his ability to get them to buy into a system which includes making it a 180 ft. game and not just in the offensive end only and it helps the Caps emmensely that Ovi is buying in ..finally ..... and dont forget Holtby the Caps will go as far as he carries them ...

but one last thought .. i dont believe it matters who wins the eastern conference ... they wont win a cup against either Kings or the Blackhawks

What do you believe ultimately wins 7 game series in the playoffs ??? to me its special teams ie: power play and penalty killing and probably thje most important thing .... goaltending ... when teams are even like in the eastern conference the goalie MUST steal a game or maybe even 2 ...

and i see your comments on the Caps .. the biggest thing this season is Barry Trots and his ability to get them to buy into a system which includes making it a 180 ft. game and not just in the offensive end only and it helps the Caps emmensely that Ovi is buying in ..finally ..... and dont forget Holtby the Caps will go as far as he carries them ...

but one last thought .. i dont believe it matters who wins the eastern conference ... they wont win a cup against the Avalanche

Goaltending, secondary scoring and effective special teams.

Also I fixed your spelling mistake. your welcome

Whelp Marty, I shouldn't have bet against your Habs... Thankfully we agreed to the season series, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a wager we forgot about?

Jets/Habs Season Series 1 week Avi control. Habs won the first matchup, if Winnipeg wins saturday it's a wash.

oh I forgot about that one, some avi bets have been pretty mean lately. I think I'll find a way to escalate it a bit if the habs win tomorrow

Sabres scored more goals against the Flames last night than their last 5 games combined.

What do you believe ultimately wins 7 game series in the playoffs ??? to me its special teams ie: power play and penalty killing and probably thje most important thing .... goaltending ...

Your team has to be able to play playoff hockey. Whistles get put away, hitting picks up, if you're a soft finesse team it's a tougher road.
Kings and Ducks are built for the playoffs as the Caps are in the east.

oh I forgot about that one, some avi bets have been pretty mean lately. I think I'll find a way to escalate it a bit if the habs win tomorrow

Haha well then GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JETS!

If the Bolts can keep playing defense like they have been over the past month and a half, I think they can hang with anyone in the playoffs. Since late January they have been incredible on defense. They went through a rough stretch a few weeks ago when Garrison went out and caused them to mix up every blueline, but after the settled in they returned to great defense, and now that Garrison is back I don't see that changing. They have allowed 2 or less goals in their last 7 games and 1 or less in their last 5. They have been a top 5 D on the year, and have turned it up a notch recently. Couple that with the return of their offense and I think we are back to contender status.

Obviously the Caps are still the favorite in the East, and its not close. But April and May get weird, and you never know what will happen.

Haha well then GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JETS!

actually I am not sure I am remembering, was the bet based on the season series or on their place in the standings?

Haha all in good fun

Guess we have our first hockey bet of this season... Avatar control for a week, Jets beat your Habs in the season series split is nothing?

actually I am not sure I am remembering, was the bet based on the season series or on their place in the standings?

you were right Alex, as usual, here is the bet

Ten in a row! What I find crazy about the Ducks run is that despite their start, they can surpass Chicago if they win their three games in hand. The Saturday game against the Kings is going to be a fantastic game to watch. Teams are tied, they don't like each other much and the Kings are going to come out pissed as the Ducks have taken it to them the last couple games.

Ten in a row! What I find crazy about the Ducks run is that despite their start, they can surpass Chicago if they win their three games in hand. The Saturday game against the Kings is going to be a fantastic game to watch. Teams are tied, they don't like each other much and the Kings are going to come out pissed as the Ducks have taken it to them the last couple games.

Is the Kings game a national game? I would certainly tune in for that.

Actually, I won't, Bolts play Saturday night. I still would flip back and forth.

They have set themselves up nicely for the playoffs. Ladd was a great pickup for the Hawks for the playoffs too. I wonder if you'll see Bickell back up for the playoffs too.

Did everyone see Lundqvist's antics last night? It cracked me up.

Is the Kings game a national game? I would certainly tune in for that.

Actually, I won't, Bolts play Saturday night. I still would flip back and forth.

According to the NHL app it's not, but it is a 1pm start time. You could segue right into your Bolts game.

Heez... Caps coming out this week for a road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back