Help me Plan my Trip to CAPE COD MA

Mace

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
hey guys......

a group of 12 of us are staying and playing down on the CAPE this spring.

We have a package - and can choose 3 of these courses:

which would you choose? or avoid?

Captains Portside and Starboard
Cranberry Valley
Dennis Pines and Highlands
Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds
Hyannis Golf Club
Quashnet Valley
Cape Cod Country Club
Falmouth Country Club
Bayberry Hills
Bass River
The Brookside Club
Sandwich Hollows
The Cape Club
Crosswinds
Atlantic Country Club
Waverly Oaks ( $15 upcharge )
Pinehills Jones and Nicklaus ( $15 upcharge )

we have played captians before and liked it. also some of the guys have played pinehills --

I am thinking pinehills is a MUST - which course?

which other 2 would you choose?

Wish I could be of more help, but I haven't played down the cape much. Pinehills is a must thought (although that's off cape in Plymouth?). Have fun though!

I've played Waverly, both Pinehills (prefer Nicklaus), Crosswinds, and Atlantic. Waverly is my favorite of the group, just an outstanding course. Crosswinds is nice as it has three 9 hole courses but the cart paths beat the crap out of you. Atlantic is a decent track, nothing really jumps out as outstanding, just a solid track.

awesome... thanks for the help guys --- every tid bit of info helps on some level! ill do some research online as well.... but hearing stuff here is always good.

I've played Waverly, both Pinehills courses, Atlantic, Crosswinds, and Falmouth CC. Pinehills is definitely a must. Waverly and Crosswinds are very good courses, Falmouth CC and Atlantic a solid but nothing special.

I'd recommend The Brookside Club and Atlantic CC. Brookside Club was a fun course with a great clubhouse for post round, and Atlantic offered a lot of variety. Both courses were in great shape when I played. Cape Cod CC was alright, but I preferred the others over it. I've never been to Pinehills, but from what I hear it is a must. This site might be able to walk you through some of the Cape courses. http://www.cognizantgolf.com/massachusetts.html

Dennis Pines is a wooded, tougher track versus Highlands which is wide open. Cranberry Valley is supposed to be an excellent track, They've hosted several state championship events in the past five years. The two Captains courses are nice and well regarded as well.

Depending on where you are staying, Plymouth might be a 30-45 minute ride and is across the bridge. Can't go wrong with either Pinehills course or Waverly.

I've only played one course on the cape and it was Dennis Pines and Highlands. Remember it being a decent course. However I was just happy to get out and golf.

It's been years since I played it last but I always loved playing Cranberry Valley. Being an older traditional track it won't have some of the same (gimicky IMO) 'wow' features designers now add to attract attention but it's a tough immaculate layout you can still walk if you prefer. 20-30 years ago it consistently ranked in GD's top 50 or 100 public courses in the US.

thanks for all the responses -- anyone ever play Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds?

Listen very closely to what I'm going to tell you. You play 1. Waverly 2. Pinehill (Niklaus) 3. Bayberry Hill

Where are you guys staying?

Listen very closely to what I'm going to tell you. You play 1. Waverly 2. Pinehill (Niklaus) 3. Bayberry Hill

Where are you guys staying?

Bayberry Hill is aerating the weekend we wanted to go........ we have played there before though, and like that course. BUT........ now we may chanage our weekend, so bayberry is back in play. have you played captains? we enjoy that course a lot.

We stay at the heritage house in hyannis. its OK - TONS of golf and stay people there. decent breakfast... walking distance to downtown etc. its no 5 star resort by any means....... but for what we do... it works for us.

Don't worry about seeing Plymouth Rock. Not that you were, but if you were, don't.

For Pinehills, the Jones course is more difficult with elevation changes IMO than the Nicklaus course, both great tracks in great condition IMO.

Ive played Pinehills Nicklaus and had a great time and awesome round, have never tried the Jones course but have heard its tougher. Atlantic is one of my favorites great layout and uses every club in the bag. Ive also played Brookside, not a big fan of all the blind tee shots and Sandwich Hollows is a fun place. I would def try Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds def awesome experience. Enjoy your trip to my neck of the woods

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

thanks for the input --!

Back