The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread

Out of any THPers that have been fortunate enough to the Hideaway, do you find yourself looking at every other course you play and saying "Yeah its decent but".

Out of any THPers that have been fortunate enough to the Hideaway, do you find yourself looking at every other course you play and saying "Yeah its decent but".

Nope. Literally the first words out of my mouth on the two I have been on since the event, "Well, this place is crap".

Nothing touches it. Thats not blowing smoke/hype. Truly, nothing I have played touches The Hideaway.

All the time. Or saying things like "This would never happen at the Hideaway".

We-Ko-Pa would have looked amazing two weeks ago. Now it looks "Not like the Hideaway"

Yep I posted it yesterday.UT Country Club. It's absolutely gorgeous, but it's not the hideaway even close

I've only played one course since, and it wasn't even close. I don't think anything will ever be on that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things I've loved about following along with the Granddaddy, and especially the recaps are all the course pictures. A lot of times, for these types of exclusive courses, you'll see a few pictures of signature holes and whatnot, but it's fun to see the variety of holes that the event was played on.

The odds of me getting a chance to play here are slim, but you can guarantee I'll be trying.

Yep. All the time. Nothing I have played is even in the same ballpark. Nothing.

Yep.

I've been fortunate to play some exceptional courses. Nothing adds up to The Hideaway.

I'll spare you the Sinéad O Connor tune, but nothing Compares to it.

Was thinking about this golf course this morning.
Then decided to read through this thread.
Some great thoughts in here.

The other day we had to go around the room and say what was on our bucket list.. Immediately St Andrews jumped into my mind... I should've said the hideaway. Good opportunity to explain THP and the awesomeness of the Grandaddy...

I'm hoping to stop by and say "hello" to Matt when I'm in Palm Springs in April. It would be cool to look out across the water to the 18 green again...

The course looks absolutely incredible!

Was thinking about this golf course this morning.
Then decided to read through this thread.
Some great thoughts in here.

Yes there is and a picture is worth 1000 words. Amazing. I want to go back!

I love this picture. So much awesomeness in it. I don't think I've ever been to a place that's left me in such awe
ac8115a7804bfce55a8b0f6ad33ef9fa.jpg

I already provided some pretty extensive thoughts in the first page of this thread, but seriously, this place is perfection:

To me when I think of exclusive private courses I think of stuck up members, an environment where you are nervous to do anything for fear of being reprimanded, and a staff that is bothered by having guests.... The Hideaway literally couldn't be more of a polar opposite.

The members are top notch. Every member I met and played with couldn't have been more excited to host us. This place is their home, and they are proud of it and want to show it off. So many times I was asked if I needed anything or if I was having fun... Just incredible people

The environment as a whole is so welcoming. They made us members for the 3 days we were there. Anything we wanted/needed was provided, and I don't want to speak for everyone, but I never felt like anyone didn't want me there

The staff.. I could talk about the staff forever. From the caddies, to the people stocking the breakfast area, to Matt Woods, all incredible people.

If I won the lottery this would be the first course I would consider being a member at. No it doesn't host a PGA Tournament, but it is certainly the most incredible place I have ever step foot on. I am fortunate to have played here twice, and man what I wouldn't do to go back tomorrow.

A few more pics just because!
20141209_102910.jpg

20141209_094315_1.jpg

20141210_083252.jpg

20141209_115536_1.jpg

Happiness is looking at my phone lock screen...
Just an amazing facility, who's staff and members were very welcoming!

I went back an read this thread again, and all I can saw is wow! Just hearing everyone gushing over the courses and the members and the way they were treated is awesome! I hope one day I can make this trip, I'm afraid if I ever got to play the Hideaway I would have tears streaming down my face on the first tee. Sounds like perfection!

I have played many courses in the country that many consider bucket list so I have a pretty short list of bucket list courses. That said this is up there in the bucket list/unobtainable list. It is obtainable only one way and my fingers will be crossed through the entire process this year. That said whoever ends up going is in for a treat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That par 3, I think it's hole 12 is where I hit one of the best shots of my life. Pin was back left playing 205 and I stuck a 5i to inside 10 feet.

Back