Best Place to Buy Used Golf Balls?

2bca1c1a37c562ff99001288a1c39d8b.jpg

OK, so Practice balls are non-conforming. Makes sense. Evidently my club deems them so. Good to know.

OK, so Practice balls are non-conforming. Makes sense. Evidently my club deems them so. Good to know.
Local rules always supercede the standard ones... Unless it's a USGA Event.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Just be careful with this if you play tourney's. Club Championship last year, the leader was DQ'd on day 2 when his playing partner called him out for playing a pro v with practice on it.
It's my understanding, via a Titleist employee posting, that having PRACTICE (so long as they are conforming, as ProV1 and ProVxs are) marked on a ball is no different than any other marking, such as a logo. X-Outs are conforming, but can't be used in tournaments that specify conforming balls be used, as the markings are different(manufacturer or model Xed out with a bunch of XXXXXXX the way they used to). New X-Outs that are marked in the same as the practice balls may well circumvent that, but I haven't seen anything relating specifically to X-Outs marked in that fashion.

ed8e98ca979ca1bdd329a921639333e1.jpg

I just may have to bring this up at the Titleist Event next month just because I'm curious now. Honestly, I can't say I've ever used one anyway. Best practice (no pun intended) is just don't do it it seems.

Practice balls are conforming as long as all other markings are there, X-outs are not. From USGA website:

Rule 5-1
Status of "X-Out" and "Practice" Balls
Q. May I use an "x-out" ball or a ball stamped with "Practice" to play a round of golf?

A. Our present policy provides that if the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect, a practice or logo ball may be used provided the other markings on the ball (i.e., pole and seam) correspond exactly to a ball listing on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls. Balls labeled with “PRACTICE” or a circled “P”, are essentially treated as a logo ball (such as a Mickey Mouse emblem). A player's name stamped on the ball is also acceptable. However, the original ball markings (i.e., pole and seam markings) must be readable in order for a Rules Official to determine whether that ball is on the List of Conforming Golf Balls. X-Out balls are not permitted to be used in any competition in which the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect. However, if neither of these Conditions are in effect, X-Out balls may be used because all balls are presumed to conform unless they have been tested and found not to conform or are obviously non-conforming (e.g., too small or too heavy). (See Decisions 5-1/4).

Sorry OP, didn't mean to get off your topic.

If interested in 'Practice' balls, keep an eye on Rockbottomgolf, they just had a great deal where new TP5 balls were $16/dozen if you bought 6 dozen. Also, once a year lostgolfballs has a deal where they sell the practice balls from most of the major manufacturers that were used at Muirfield for a great price. Last year I got 12 dozen Z-Star XV balls w/practice stamp for just about $100 shipped. Only a handful looked like they had ever been hit.

I just received my first order from Lost golf balls. I am very pleased with the quality. I bought a box of 48 Srixon Z star, some TP5s and some Chromesoft Truvis and had about 4 balls that were miss placed in the bucket (soft feel, q star etc). Those balls were like new just not Z Stars lol. My only complaint was their shipping practice. The created a label and marked shipped but apparently they didn’t have the Z Stars quite ready so it took 2 more weeks for them to actually ship. The TP5 and chromesoft look virtually new with two of the dozen TP5s had some pen markings. For the cost I will definitely order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received my first order from Lost golf balls. I am very pleased with the quality. I bought a box of 48 Srixon Z star, some TP5s and some Chromesoft Truvis and had about 4 balls that were miss placed in the bucket (soft feel, q star etc). Those balls were like new just not Z Stars lol. My only complaint was their shipping practice. The created a label and marked shipped but apparently they didn’t have the Z Stars quite ready so it took 2 more weeks for them to actually ship. The TP5 and chromesoft look virtually new with two of the dozen TP5s had some pen markings. For the cost I will definitely order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic eraser will usually take off any pen markings FYI...

Another option would be the Hex Tour Soft 48 pack at Costco for $59.99. My buddy recently started playing them and thinks they compare favorably to the Chrome Soft.

Practice balls are conforming as long as all other markings are there, X-outs are not. From USGA website:

Rule 5-1
Status of "X-Out" and "Practice" Balls
Q. May I use an "x-out" ball or a ball stamped with "Practice" to play a round of golf?

A. Our present policy provides that if the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect, a practice or logo ball may be used provided the other markings on the ball (i.e., pole and seam) correspond exactly to a ball listing on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls. Balls labeled with “PRACTICE” or a circled “P”, are essentially treated as a logo ball (such as a Mickey Mouse emblem). A player's name stamped on the ball is also acceptable. However, the original ball markings (i.e., pole and seam markings) must be readable in order for a Rules Official to determine whether that ball is on the List of Conforming Golf Balls. X-Out balls are not permitted to be used in any competition in which the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect. However, if neither of these Conditions are in effect, X-Out balls may be used because all balls are presumed to conform unless they have been tested and found not to conform or are obviously non-conforming (e.g., too small or too heavy). (See Decisions 5-1/4).
This is the same info I saw. I've seen X-OUT balls that used to have the original markings with XXXXXXXX across them, but the new ones with X-OUT in the same position on the ball as PRACTICE, all the original markings are visible as on the conforming list. Could that not be considered the same as a logo like on the PRACTICE ball?

Back