Best Place to Buy Used Golf Balls?

Cfrick13

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually go through ebay, but I'm curious if anyone else has found a good place online. I don't want recycled, refurbished, or any water balls. I usually hit TP5's or Pro V1's. Sorry if this has already been posted!

Lostgolfballs.com was always very good, placed many orders. I never had an issue with their listed condition but I only bought their highest rated balls as per stated quality.

Since a lot of the "used" golf balls come from the water, I'd think it'd be hard to come by what you are asking for without buying new. Just my 2 cents.

Since a lot of the "used" golf balls come from the water, I'd think it'd be hard to come by what you are asking for without buying new. Just my 2 cents.

Agree that it’s tough to find used balls that aren’t water balls. A better option if you are looking to save money is go with a less expensive ball that is new such as a Snell MTB.

Agree that it’s tough to find used balls that aren’t water balls. A better option if you are looking to save money is go with a less expensive ball that is new such as a Snell MTB.
Buy purchasing the amount that qualifies for the bulk discount, its as good of a deal there is in golf.

Buying new balls marked "practice" is better than chancing used balls in my opinion. Unlike X outs, practice balls are said to only contain cosmetic imperfections.

I got some great Truvis from lostgolfballs.com only had 1 or 2 in two dozen that weren't perfect.

I bought an 8-dozen bucket of one of my favorite older balls - the TM Lethal - from lostgolfballs that were grade 5A and zero complaints since most looked brand new. Then again, I just use them when knocking around local muni's with my dad, playing in scrambles, or maybe getting in some practice (plus put 5 dozen in my shag bag). I've never found anything 'off' about them even though I figure many of them came out of the water. They always have nice sales going on as well and their customer service is great. Even better, when you open the bucket you are greeted with the freshly-cleaned bleach scent!

Last edited:
Titleist recently bought Lost Golf Balls and they use them to liquidate their old stock. They have the best prices on Pro V1's ino. So if that is what you want I would go there.

Titleist recently bought Lost Golf Balls and they use them to liquidate their old stock. They have the best prices on Pro V1's ino. So if that is what you want I would go there.
That is a smart move by Acushnet and, if consumers are aware, can be a great place to get Titleist on closeout.

+1 on LostGolfBalls.com. I used to buy from them when I was in a "what ball to use" mode. I'd get a dozen of each, two or three different balls I wanted to try, go with their top quality, and never had any issues. Most balls looked like they had never been hit, just that a lot of them will have logos or player markings. Also have bought off eBay, which is good when you find a good seller (did some business with a retired guy in AZ for a while). Haven't bought any used balls the last couple of years, have a pretty good inventory of new balls that I've picked up when I've found big discounts.

Have you tried the Srixon Q Star Tour ball yet? It's a great ball at a great price.

I think $29.99 in the US. I pay $39.99 per dozen here.

I second what WMac19 said. Lostgolfballs.com has a really good selection and always has good prices, including big sales pretty frequently. I've only ever once had a problem with the quality of balls they sent - I emailed them about it, and they paid for the "poor" balls to be shipped back and sent me replacements that were better quality. Great service. The only other one I've used is golfballnut.com. They also have great prices and quality, but they don't have quite the selection that LGB does. Although, GBN has customer rewards points that you can gain to earn money off of purchases. I'd recommend both sites.

I second or third Lostgolfballs.com - especially when they have a sale on the brand you like.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Can't say enough good about lostgolfballs.com

I've used them almost exclusively for balls over the past couple of years. Snell Balls are stupid cheap... like $6/dozen. You get a mix of generations, but for that price, who cares...

I usually buy 4A. Once in a while I'll buy 5A. Their 4A can almost pass for new 75% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Can't say enough good about lostgolfballs.com

I've used them almost exclusively for balls over the past couple of years. Snell Balls are stupid cheap... like $6/dozen. You get a mix of generations, but for that price, who cares...

I usually buy 4A. Once in a while I'll buy 5A. Their 4A can almost pass for new 75% of the time.

Hey OG. It looks like the Snell buckets are a mix of MTB & Get Sum. In your opinion, what is the %MTB vs the cheaper ball?

Hey OG. It looks like the Snell buckets are a mix of MTB & Get Sum. In your opinion, what is the %MTB vs the cheaper ball?
I've bought a few dozen and have never gotten the Get Sum ball.

Buying new balls marked "practice" is better than chancing used balls in my opinion. Unlike X outs, practice balls are said to only contain cosmetic imperfections.

Just be careful with this if you play tourney's. Club Championship last year, the leader was DQ'd on day 2 when his playing partner called him out for playing a pro v with practice on it.

Just be careful with this if you play tourney's. Club Championship last year, the leader was DQ'd on day 2 when his playing partner called him out for playing a pro v with practice on it.
Yeah, I only play them during casual rounds. Didn't know you couldn't but is not something I would do.

Yeah, I only play them during casual rounds. Didn't know you couldn't but is not something I would do.

I didn't know either at the time. Personally in my opinion, it's stupid at a local club.

I didn't know either at the time. Personally in my opinion, it's stupid at a local club.
There is a wealth of information in the Rule Of Golf App... This one says the matter can be overruled by local decision, but they would not be legal for USGA sanctioned events.
2bca1c1a37c562ff99001288a1c39d8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Back