The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread

GoPro's are cool
546ecef4f96dfa58e06565d7e24557da.jpg

Do you see any tags next to my name? I have been in two of these. :D
Its really not about that though, this backdrop, these people and the gear are all so incredible.

Do you see any tags next to my name? I have been in two of these. :D
Its really not about that though, this backdrop, these people and the gear are all so incredible.
No doubt dude, no doubt.

I have a few spare tags if you want to borrow one.

If anyone ever asks me why I play golf, I think I'll just show them pictures of The Hideaway.

This just my Friday from blah to Fantastic!!! Thank you to all those who have had the opportunity to experience this place for sharing!

Pictures in my office that I look at every day. Such breathtaking views on every single hole...

0fda124ef7d1970e923bddd50baa0c49.jpg

GAWD, this is a beautiful course. Oh what I would give to play this course. Although, I'm all but sure that I never will. At least I can day dream through the pictures. I wish someone would compile a book that shows all the tee box's and approach shots from every hole in order. I'm sure someone has, but I haven't searched for it (not just thp, in general). Would be a nice way to day dream as I plan my shots looking at the photos.

:drool: :dazed:

GAWD, this is a beautiful course. Oh what I would give to play this course. Although, I'm all but sure that I never will. At least I can day dream through the pictures. I wish someone would compile a book that shows all the tee box's and approach shots from every hole in order. I'm sure someone has, but I haven't searched for it (not just thp, in general). Would be a nice way to day dream as I plan my shots looking at the photos.

:drool: :dazed:

There aren't many pictures of the course outside of the THP threads. Part of what's awesome about Hideaway is its this hidden gem. Not many people know about it and they like it that way

There aren't many pictures of the course outside of the THP threads. Part of what's awesome about Hideaway is its this hidden gem. Not many people know about it and they like it that way

I know. It's a pipedream for me. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to be there in person. I guess pretty much what CJ said... "HEAVEN ON EARTH!"

I know. It's a pipedream for me. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to be there in person. I guess pretty much what CJ said... "HEAVEN ON EARTH!"

Never say never

The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread

Could read about this course all day every day and not get bored. Every single hole you step on the tee box and just think "wow". Then add on to that the rest of the facilities (range, clubhouse, members, comfort stations, etc.) and it's just first class across the board. Some courses do some things well, The Hideaway does everything to perfection.

You guys took some amazing pictures. Man, what a place. Think I'd frame pictures of just about every hole for my office and house.

Man I look at the pictures in this thread and can't believe just some regular hackers have the opportunity to play such a amazing course for free.

Got to talk a little bit about this place today, share some pictures, tell some stories....

These courses will ALWAYS have a place in my heart!

Man, this place, there truly are no words...but I'll try.

Facility/Amenities:

The whole facility itself is incredible, from the moment you pull in you go from "huh?" because its so inconspicuous, to "wow!" when you see the guardpost (with a FIREPLACE OUTSIDE!), and then to sheer shock and smiles when you pull into the circle drive. Someone earlier described it as castle-like, and I'd agree honestly. The whole clubhouse is a thing of beauty, it fits not only the mystique but the area/geography as well. Multiple levels, multiple amenities, nonstop awesome.

20151208_084246-L.jpg

Two different driving ranges and short game areas, all manicured and as pristine as the courses themselves. I kid you not I was afraid to take a divot on the range until Dean let loose a pelt next to me and put me at ease, sounds corny, but man I didn't want to be the first to mess things up.
20151208_084250-L.jpg

The carts are even amazing as they're legitimately upholstered and not normal seats. While on the course anything you want, is retrieved for you by the staff who is the most courteous and kind I have EVER seen at any course anywhere. Drinks, food, cigars, whatever, you name it, you got it. Comfort stations are already things of legend, and frankly they're being undersold. Literally anything you could ever want, from fruit, to granola, to candy, to ice-cream, to soda, to CANNED GATORADE! Not to mention the chicken salad is INCREDIBLE. At the turn you can hit the Snack Station and we had the best hot-dogs I've ever tasted one day and insanely good tacos the next....fresh...with the cook standing there...serving you....as much as you want. Insanity, in a perfect sort of way.
20151208_122114-L.jpg

The members were 1000% more down to earth than I expected, as genuine as the come, and more than willing to bend over backwards to help out. It was fun getting to watch them see us in awe and getting to show off this beautiful place a bit. The Caddies were also amazing, the two gentlemen I got to play with smiled just as much as we did and you could tell were having just as much fun watching us. Also, they are INCREDIBLE putt readers, hoooooooly cow. Was incredible to be given not only numbers but insights into shots and as the round went on they got really spot on at knowing what club-range you should be pulling for that particular shot.
20151208_104546-L.jpg

Courses:

Picturesque is the only way I can describe them. The Dye course is what you expect with a Dye course, it can get Dye-abolical at times on the green complexes (particularly when pins are on ridges, oof) and is a beautiful rolling track where your eye is really toyed with by the water that seems to come into play a lot. The Clive though, I adore the Clive, it is a course I could play the rest of my life and it still not be enough, its a course I enjoyed trying to hit golf shots on and not just firing away the whole time. Perfect fairways, perfect tee-boxes, lighting fast green complexes, playable rough, beautiful and devilish native areas, all rolled into to two beautiful 18 hole courses.
IMG_6852-L.jpg

2015-12-10%2016.16.15-L.jpg

20151208_094654-L.jpg

20151208_101007-L.jpg

Just look at the grass!!!
20151209_113444-L.jpg

I have never in my life, nor will I again, played two courses like this. Literally this place took my breath away multiple times, I like many reading this thread had read on and on about the courses, but you just don't KNOW until you are there. I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine playing courses like these two daily, in fact, I told the members I played with both days that exact thing about 1000 times a day/round. The best part is though, as amazed as I was by the courses, the scenery, the MOUNTAINS, I was never intimidated by the courses at all, to me that is a really amazing balance for a design to pull off, beauty/demand with playability.

Its literally heaven to me. I mean that, this is what I would equate to golf heaven.
20151208_102348-L.jpg

20151208_111857-L.jpg

20151208_111900-L.jpg

20151208_120102-L.jpg

20151208_122040-L.jpg

20151208_123803-L.jpg

20151208_125003-L.jpg

20151208_131122-L.jpg

20151208_152451-L.jpg

20151209_100606-L.jpg

20151209_101726-L.jpg

20151209_102727-L.jpg

20151209_110301-L.jpg

20151209_111913-L.jpg

20151209_113514-L.jpg

20151209_114713-L.jpg

20151209_125014-L.jpg

20151209_130229-L.jpg

20151209_144649-L.jpg
Went back to re read this thread and came across this post. I dont think theres a better post than this one. So im bumping it.

Hi Hideaway. You are missed tremendously.

Looks like you can putt the tee boxes. Thanks for Bumping. My eyes hurt.

Outstanding!

Back