YouTube Golf Wisdom

Reaction score
Handicap
I tend to watch quite a few YouTube videos as I clean the kitchen up/wash kid stuff, and it got me thinking: where are some sources of golf wisdom on YouTube? I've used it during the cold months for things like learning methods for reading greens, pitching and chipping, learning new drills, etc... How have you used it?

I use youtube instrction to convince myself that I can fix something that is wrong for a reason completely unrelated to video tip.

:)

I like to watch, but damn I've wasted lots of time and energy doing it haha.

Yeah, I have tried to stay away from self-diagnosing and towards things like course management, green reading, etc...

Of course, this is all before I actually go to a golf course. I may end up banning myself from YouTube following my season opener.:banghead:

I actually like Me and My Golf. Found them about a month ago and they have some good, quick videos for different aspects of the game.

Some of the short game videos out there have been pretty good though, especially fundamentals for various shots. Hopkins Golf's website has a whole section that is really good.

Ive watched a few random ones on sand techniques

I have watched my fair share of YouTube golf videos. I think they've helped me in some cases. I studied about the fall line in putting last season and that helped me a lot with green reading.

I actually like Me and My Golf. Found them about a month ago and they have some good, quick videos for different aspects of the game.

ya really like these guys, what they say, just makes sense. Also I like them because they beat Mark Crossfield and Gorilla James in Match play.
I also really like RotarySwing.com

ya really like these guys, what they say, just makes sense. Also I like them because they beat Mark Crossfield and Gorilla James in Match play.

Why does everyone on THP hate on mark crossfield? I think his youtube channel is pretty good for a variety of golf content.

Why does everyone on THP hate on mark crossfield? I think his youtube channel is pretty good for a variety of golf content.

The instruction is pretty decent but his club reviews are very biased.. He talks a lot about "jacked up" lofts but yet he plays a mizuno iron set that has these types of lofts but doesn't seem to matter since they are mizunos. I don't mind his instruction but I take his club reviews with serious grains of salt

The instruction is pretty decent but his club reviews are very biased.. He talks a lot about "jacked up" lofts but yet he plays a mizuno iron set that has these types of lofts but doesn't seem to matter since they are mizunos. I don't mind his instruction but I take his club reviews with serious grains of salt

No, he's mentioned more than a few times that the Mizunos are jacked up, and that he's at the point in life where he needs the jacked up lofts and GI features since he plays a lot less than he used to. Yes, no doubt he loves his Mizunos, but he's given plenty of other clubs good reviews.

Aside from Crossfield and Me & My Golf (great channel), I like Shawn Clement's channel, as well as Zach Allen, Monte Scheinblum, Martin Chuck, and Andrew Rice.

I don't hate him, he's just really, really loud when he's on the course and not giving lessons. The Mark Crossfield channel I find annoying, as its more his personal stuff. I really like the golf guru channel as its more his lessons & instruction.

I found these Bradley Hughes videos this winter, through his thread on Secret in the Dirt, and although they are very home made the information in them is awesome. May not be a lot of guys' cup of tea, particularly those working on a GolfTec/modern type swing, as they are old school BUT some may find them very illuminating.

These guys from pga have the most informative videos on Youtube that I've seen. I watched about 4 of their videos and have learned a few things I had no idea about. Now just to learn the other 100 things I have to learn ,lol.

Favorite Youtube Golf Videos:

1) Martin Hall, Reverse K setup
2) Mike Maves-The Move
3) Slicefixer-Swing it like Slicefixer, Slicefixer Students 1 and 2
4) Dan Whittaker- Setup, Transition, Arms in Front, Takeaway, Short Game (Anything Dan Whittaker)
5) Holly Sonders (Anything and Everything)
6) Refer to # 5

I just found Elite Golf Performance on youtube a couple weeks ago and absolutely love those videos. They're long...some over an hour, but might be a good time for those since it's winter and some have more time on our hands. They are extremely informative, important, and advanced but not overly technical. The ones I like so far are "How to Sync the Body and Club" and "How to Build a Repeatable Golf Swing."

Last edited:
I was a big fan of Shawn Clement last year and have watched over 50 of his videos. I think he can help a lot of people and does a great job addressing some important concepts, but I was never able to fix the two main faults of my swing...lack of connection and early extension. Only through my local pro and a couple other videos did I finally "get it." IMO his best videos are:
1. Analyze Your Own Swing part 2
2. Anchor Your Swing
3. Amazing Lumberjack Sledgehammer Drill
4. Clear the Hips Drill
5. Feet Together/Amazing Feet Together Drill
6. Fix Your Shanks
7. Golf Grip and Wrist Hinge
8. How to Stop Swaying
9. Keep Elbows Close
10. One Leg Drill Amazing Compression
11. Spine Angle Kettle Bell Tip

I watch them. They're not all useful but quite a few are well done and helped me. I also use some of the equipment reviews as they are a good way of finding which equipment is worth the effort to evaluate on my own. Does't always work but I think it helps!

In my unending quest for tips to stay connected, stopping fat shots, and correcting early extension, I just found Bradley Hughes on YouTube yesterday. The video quality is mediocre, but his message makes a ton of sense. Will have to hit the range to see if it I can apply it in reality, but appears to be truly outstanding instruction on how the body/club unit rotates and for correcting the problems I mentioned. Most of the videos are in the 10-14 minute range.

Back