Maybe Koepka ha a point about getting no respect

TwoStepsUp

Reaction score
Handicap
The local PGA tour stop (Dell Match Play) is coming up, and I am volunteering again. Thought I would check out the latest news and find out who's coming.

On the official PGA tour site, under News, there is a page with an array of photos of star golfers. In the least noticeable position of the 8 photos, there's one with the headline "2018 Player of the Year Brooks Koepka commits to 2019 event".

Not too bad, except that the the photo is of Xander Schauffele.

I'd agree, if I wasn't so angry he was missing the cut this week :banghead:

He should be getting more attention.

But.

(Until recently) he’s not exactly put a lot out there to market. Add that he doesn’t have a club contract, that means the manufacturers aren’t paying to put him out there, and a guy that seems for the most part to be a quiet controversy free individual - what are they supposed to write about?

I’m sure there’s a “star” in there somewhere, as we are starting to see and I’m sure the Feherty episode will reveal.

Keep winning, and keep doing the curls Brooks.

He should count his blessings. Plays golf for a living, plays it well, earns a lot of money, can go out to a restaurant/movie/shop, etc., and more often then not won't be recognized...big bonus right there.

He should count his blessings. Plays golf for a living, plays it well, earns a lot of money, can go out to a restaurant/movie/shop, etc., and more often then not won't be recognized...big bonus right there.

when he mentioned that on Feherty I laughed. Not going to last long if he keeps winning majors.

when he mentioned that on Feherty I laughed. Not going to last long if he keeps winning majors.

He's got to appreciate that. With $23 million in winnings since 2012, I'd be happy with not being Tiger or Ricky for popularity.

I think the Feherty interview was a step in the right direction. Made him much more likable in my book. He's just been so boring and off the radar. If you want more press be more marketable. He reminds me a lot of Mike Trout. Boring under the radar, only difference is Mike Trout does it on purpose and Brooks doesn't and complains about it.

Back