Cleaning out your golf bag can be an adventure/mystery. And how often do you do it?

Before every round, yup, I walk and don't like to carry a single tee that I don't need, and I like to know I have everything I want, so it gets purged and repacked before I leave the house every time.

Every couple of years I think. I just cleaned it out this past fall. I picked up some new golf balls that I wanted to try so I cleaned it out and took out the old golf balls and extras I don't need.

I try to keep as little in my bag as needed, unless I'm packing for a weekend trip/golf with THP'ers or something like that. I cleaned out my bag about 3 weeks ago when I got my new staff bag. Nothing of a major surprise this time around though.

7 month old sandwiches and rotten apples are not exactly the happy surprises I had in mind when writing this post. None the less I do suppose its a surprise. I rather bad one, but a surprise. The worst I have found would be snickers bar wrappers and some old used napkins. But a new glove I have found (as also someone else mentioned finding a 3pack) now that's a good surprise. A pack of replacement spikes I was looking for forever. And a small jar of tums for those after mcdonalds breakfast mornings I had forgetten I had but could of used on a number of occasions last year..lol

Last edited:
Did you discover it with your hand diving straight into the goo?

Yes as a matter of fact I did. All the way at the bottom of the large pocket on the side was a nice rotten apple. My finger went right thru it. That was fun cleaning out too! The orange wasn't as bad ... just all shriveled up and hard.

I have been switching between a couple different bags, one is waterproof so I have been using that this winter. So I usually clean each one out a couple times per year.

Yes as a matter of fact I did. All the way at the bottom of the large pocket on the side was a nice rotten apple. My finger went right thru it. That was fun cleaning out too! The orange wasn't as bad ... just all shriveled up and hard.

You must have had fruit flies and other things following you around the courses...lol

Your not really this guy, Charlie Browns friend , are you?
pigpen-3_zps7z2ca0v2.jpg
pig%20pen_zpsml7uy7af.jpg
pig-pen4_zpssc3hrgkf.png

3 to r times a year, have found $10 BILL and a shoe horn once

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I found my back up back up back up, CCW gun in mine this year.. smith & wesson air weight 38spl +p. Ive got a "large" collection, and i play a few courses that are in a bad part of town where guys have gotten held up at a roadside hole, i must have stuck it in there last fall when i went to play that course and forgotten it was there until i cleaned my bag out while checking my loft/lie numbers on my clubs.

I go through and clean my bag out pretty much every other week as in the summer I switch between my cart bag and my carry bag quite a bit. I try to keep enough in both bags that all I have to swap is my clubs but I tend to go through my bag overtime. So can't say I ever really get surprised about what I find. The only thing I can say that surprises me is the amount of change I have when I clean out that pocket overtime. Last year my cart bag had over $70 in quarters and a few singles in there too. Carry bag usually doesn't have much as I typically don't get anything other than a gatorade or water when I am walking.

I found my back up back up back up, CCW gun in mine this year.. smith & wesson air weight 38spl +p. Ive got a "large" collection, and i play a few courses that are in a bad part of town where guys have gotten held up at a roadside hole, i must have stuck it in there last fall when i went to play that course and forgotten it was there until i cleaned my bag out while checking my loft/lie numbers on my clubs.

Off topic and not to discuss the politics of gun laws, but how in the world can you possibly own this weapon and not know exactly where it is every single second? Let alone for a whole year? You imo shouldn't be allowed to own a gun if yu are to be that irresponsible with it. Sorry but I just don't get it.

Off topic and not to discuss the politics of gun laws, but how in the world can you possibly own this weapon and not know exactly where it is every single second? Let alone for a whole year? You imo shouldn't be allowed to own a gun if yu are to be that irresponsible with it. Sorry but I just don't get it.

1st. Dont apologize for something you clearly mean, second, I do know 99.999% of the time. 2nd, it wasn't a whole year, 3 no one was in any danger, i clearly remember it being there when i loaded my bag into my truck, my clubs go in my locked gun/golf room in the basement, i merely forgot to take it out of the valuables pouch. 4th, i don't need the presumptive scolding of an obvious liberal, whom I'm sure doesn't believe anyone should own a gun, now lets kindly get back on topic.

1st. Dont apologize for something you clearly mean, second, I do know 99.999% of the time. 2nd, it wasn't a whole year, 3 no one was in any danger, i clearly remember it being there when i loaded my bag into my truck, my clubs go in my locked gun/golf room in the basement, i merely forgot to take it out of the valuables pouch. 4th, i don't need the presumptive scolding of an obvious liberal, whom I'm sure doesn't believe anyone should own a gun, now lets kindly get back on topic.
1. Keep this on topic.

2. We have a gun thread, let's take a civil discussion there please.

Back on topic, I also found my scotty cameron divot tool that i previously thought lost, it was a bachelor party gift from a good friend of mine. I was very happy to have it back.

Thanks guys/.

I'm afraid to clean out my old bag.... Idk what I'll find

A couple of years ago, my wife would complain if the she grabbed my bag (rare) about the weight of it. When I bought a new one, I had $80 worth of Quarters in the bottom of my old bag.

A couple of years ago, my wife would complain if the she grabbed my bag (rare) about the weight of it. When I bought a new one, I had $80 worth of Quarters in the bottom of my old bag.

Reminds me of when slot machines only took quarters and one would walk around with the bucket of them.

Once in the Spring and again in Fall. I play two different bags as the season changes. My primary bag has a lot of white in it, so I go with a darker bag in the Fall. So I clean them out on a regular basis.

Used to clear it out once a year. Now every time I bring it to the backyard my kids want to empty out every pocket, so it ends up getting checked at least once a week.

I did this last weekend and didn't find that many treasures but did find a bunch of sunscreen haha

8df24060eae77e5d4628afd53650185f.jpg

Twice or once a year , I clean it with detergent and small brush . I use armour all liquids after the bag is dried .

Once a year for me. I clean my bag out during my winter break.

I clan mine out a couple times a season it's amazing the stuff I accumulated. I do it more now as I found a month old bananna in there this past season thank god it was cold here then it could have been real bad

Back