New Balance Striker Golf Shoes - THP Review Thread

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review are the New Balance Striker Golf Shoes. A nice simple profile that comes in three different colorways. For this particular review, the white with grey were provided. Something I don't often see as an option, they come in regular, wide and extra wide sizing which is fantastic for those who have a wider foot. The first thing I noticed when putting them on was how crazy soft the insert is. The foam really lets the foot settle into it and produces some great padding.

Here are some thoughts from New Balance;

Reach next-level performance in the men's Striker golf shoe, built to be extremely lightweight without sacrificing support. The waterproof microfiber upper features a FantomFit system that's skeletally engineered to provide ultra light support and fit, infused through a new-sew process. The Exoskeleton TPU outsole is designed to move with the natural motion of your foot.

Premium underfoot cushioning is offered by Cush+ foam for ultra-soft stability and ultra-lightweight REVlite foam for added support.
  • Champ Slim-Lok Zarma Tour cleat system
  • CUSH+ offers responsive cushioning and comfort without sacrificing durability or stability
  • Exoskeleton TPU outsole designed to move with the natural motion of your foot
  • PW-1 last features a wider toe box, reduced toe box depth, lower instep height and anatomical heel width
  • REVlite 10mm drop midsole provides lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness
  • 2-year waterproof warrenty
  • Waterproof microfiber leather upper with ultralight FantomFit support
  • Weight: 352 grams (12.4 oz)

In Hand Photos

B106BF32-1361-4CDF-8636-7D4E97F28060-XL.jpg

88F73864-B981-4CF7-9FD7-455EC28F1A48-XL.jpg

7F4E1D16-E73B-4E6D-8BAB-2749B3069500-XL.jpg

4E91C6A1-A2F7-48A1-80A2-94E9C2FDDD20-XL.jpg

19820871-2161-4B5A-A831-F5E47FCE14D4-XL.jpg

C0515C35-1DF5-4C84-82E7-218C7C5B0029-XL.jpg

D40E7D0A-C97C-4D7B-BA87-B8789FE61721-XL.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Dan.
I have been buying nothing but New Balance sport shoes for several years, but have not tried their golf shoes.

I had a pair of NB Golf shoes and loved them. How good are they. A friend forgot his shoes when we went to the NC mountains toi play. I let him borrow mine and never got them back. Comfy, waterproof and everything at NB fits.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on these Dan. I received the spikeless Minimus model last year courtesy of Budget Golf and they are one of my go to shoes thanks to how comfortable they are.

Looking forward to the review Dan

I like the Neon Spikes - one of the things that always turns me off from the New Balance shoes is the big N - i get every shoe has the logo but the N is eh to me.

I bet they’re wicked comfortable though - comfort is always something that New Balance does well

Looking forward to hearing about these shoes. I’ve worn NB walking/running shoes forever, but never thought to give their golf shoes a try.

I've always been torn on NB golf shoes, I used to love them for casual/athletic, always super comfortable and even used them when I was still running. But their style for golf shoes just hasn't seemed like it's changed from the beginning, each and every year it's like a reboot of the same shoe, but maybe the comfort can overcome the blah styling.

Looks like a nice pair of shoes, looking forward to the review. I've been wearing NB shoes for ages, and have a couple pairs of their golf shoes that I like a lot. Both pair are really comfortable, but I agree with the comment on the big "N", which is why I really like my spikeless pair for looks. I wish they would use this style branding more often:

17NWBMMNMSSLBLCKRGSH_Black_Red

Ooooo those black are kinda sexyish no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the review Dan

I like the Neon Spikes - one of the things that always turns me off from the New Balance shoes is the big N - i get every shoe has the logo but the N is eh to me.

I bet they’re wicked comfortable though - comfort is always something that New Balance does well

I've always thought the "N" was well represented, so the overall profile of it never bothered me. As it's kind of their shoe 'logo' I look at it the same way I do a giant swoosh or something like that.

I've always thought the "N" was well represented, so the overall profile of it never bothered me. As it's kind of their shoe 'logo' I look at it the same way I do a giant swoosh or something like that.

I think I side w/ you on this - yes, the N is large, but it's also not really "out there" in terms of styling. New Balance are always comfortable and durable for me - these are a pair of shoes I'll be looking at when I go to pick up a pair this year. My Sketchers have been comfortable, but early signs don't point to durable.

I wore New Balance last year in wide, nice shoe but after a bit I realized my feet were hurting so I should have gone up 1/2 size from my normal shoe size. Any comments on the sizing Dan? I'm buying another pair or two soon.

I agree with this but I think if they made the N a little more stylish it would help the brand and shoe image. Is not terrible but the big plain N just doesn't scream stylish or cool.

I've enjoyed their shoes for working out, but haven't tried them for golf yet. I have always found them comfortable.

I really like the simple look. My current NB shoes are extremely comfortable and would expect nothing less out of these, they just make awesome product!

I think I side w/ you on this - yes, the N is large, but it's also not really "out there" in terms of styling. New Balance are always comfortable and durable for me - these are a pair of shoes I'll be looking at when I go to pick up a pair this year. My Sketchers have been comfortable, but early signs don't point to durable.

Haha i just don’t like the N guys

Maybe flip it on its side?

I dunno okay full disclosure it’s a competitor for my employer

I have worn New Balance golf shoes for about 5 years. I have a pair of the Striker shoes. They are very comfortable and roomy. The main reason I wear New Balance is they accomodate the guy with wide feet. It is really hard to find a company that carries a 2E or 4E width. New Balance nails it! I need to buy another pair of Strikers. Great shoe!

I agree with this but I think if they made the N a little more stylish it would help the brand and shoe image. Is not terrible but the big plain N just doesn't scream stylish or cool.

We're talking about a total re-brand, right? While I'm not arguing, I don't see that happening any time soon!

I wore New Balance last year in wide, nice shoe but after a bit I realized my feet were hurting so I should have gone up 1/2 size from my normal shoe size. Any comments on the sizing Dan? I'm buying another pair or two soon.

I'd say for a 10.5 it's on the smaller side of that sizing rather than the larger size. Snug for me in just about every way.

We're talking about a total re-brand, right? While I'm not arguing, I don't see that happening any time soon!

Not necessarily a rebrand but maybe dinner kind of differentiation with their more athletic products. Even if it was just shrinking the logo down some. Changing the font would be great but like you're saying that would take a full rebrand.

Not necessarily a rebrand but maybe dinner kind of differentiation with their more athletic products. Even if it was just shrinking the logo down some. Changing the font would be great but like you're saying that would take a full rebrand.

Interesting. I think of the small "S" on Sketchers shoes and shudder a bit.

I agree with both of these a lot. I would love to see it happen, but sadly don't right now.

Interesting. I think of the small "S" on Sketchers shoes and shudder a bit.

Ewww, that's a good point.

I have to give New Balance credit though, they did well with the Minimus from last year. Something like this is more in line with what I was thinking.

5d17b793f35a46198b93e2568cdfe0e5.jpg

Ewww, that's a good point.

I have to give New Balance credit though, they did well with the Minimus from last year. Something like this is more in line with what I was thinking.

5d17b793f35a46198b93e2568cdfe0e5.jpg

Totally agree. I posted a picture of the black Minimus SL earlier in this thread, nicer newer look to the branding with that "NB" near the heal than the old traditional "N".

I agree with both of these a lot. I would love to see it happen, but sadly don't right now.

Totally agree with JB on this one. NB does several billion dollars of buisness. They golf line is done through a licensed partner. They arent changing logos for the volume that comes from golf.

Back