What Would You Make?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This will hit social later this week but with the announcement that the THP Event will be there later this year, I thought I would pose it to THPers.

What would you score on this hole playing from 170 yards? Tag a THPer that you think would make par.

c846fe1d8a5210800fa7747bf2c020fc.jpg

Like to think I’d make 3. At least the confident me would step up thinking that. In reality probably 5. A little to much pull on first shot and left in water. Then middle of green and two putt for 5!
@alez367 would definitely make 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 170 pure island Par 3? What’s my stroke limit? I’ll be optimistic and say 5.

An honest 5!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

@ChristopherKee would make par.
@JohnSinVA would make a double

I've played this hole many times and several different lengths as the island is attached by cable to the mainland and can be moved in and out for different lengths.
I have scored a 6 there once, a 5 there once, a few bogies, pars and 3 birdies. The wind plays a huge part on this hole, so when you play it, listen carefully to the 4 caddie and heed his/her advice.

I can't wait to hear more about the THP event coming to my area !!

A 5, maybe.

Depends on where the drop zone is

Depends on the day.. Anywhere from a 3-7

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would scramble for a well earned 5.

@tpluff would par this hole, no doubt.

Give me @huddiej. Hitting a soft butter cut here would be real useful vs my big ole draw/hook

Depends on where the drop zone is

The drop zone is either just to the right or left of the green. If the pin is front left, the chip from the drop zone right gets real scary as you are going downhill...towards the lake.

I’d expect a 5, anything less is a bonus!

I love this. I’m thinking I could at least hit the green 50% of the time so I’m either a par or a 5 at worst! Hoping I get a chance to prove this theory!

I’d ESC the heck out of that hole

I'm looking at a likely 5 and smile the whole time finally getting to play that hole.

I've gotta think I'd make a 3.

If I played it 10 times my average score would probably be a 4.

170 is usually a solid club for me, but then again I'm not hitting it onto island greens.. probably need the couple attempts

e4733841a0c112c2cd8df87842bc70c8.gif

We have a semi island green I actually parred, 1 for 1 there, but I'm sure next time I'll put it in the water

74425143bf72d61dd1e496282ba59bda.jpg

Edit l- Not as much of an island as I remember lol

I'm thinking probably a 5...at least

But I bet @Molten would make par, I've seen that smooth swing of his.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lots of people missing the boat with this thread....

I'd bet on myself to make a 4. Depending on the wind its around a 7 iron so should be right in my comfort zone.

I'd take @Lions81 to make par here. I'd also bet on several others too.

With the drop zone up near the green I'm most likely making a 5. Some chance for a bogey depending on where the pin is that day. I'm hoping I get to find out soon!

@armygolf would make a par

If I hit the green I’m not 3 putting so I’ll put myself down for a 3 or a 5.

@Jaymo37 would make Par

I’ll take my 5 and just watch the fun.

Actually with the F9s I like my chances at 3

Back