Who's your Caddy?

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
Hypothetical scenario here. You're one of the best amateurs on the planet, you get a chance to play in a major championship.

Who are you bringing as your Caddy to not only share the experience with, but who also gives you the best opportunity to play your best?

Who's your Caddy?

Hypothetical scenario here. You're one of the best amateurs on the planet, you get a chance to play in a major championship.

Who are you bringing as your Caddy to not only share the experience with, but who also gives you the best opportunity to play your best?

Great topic!

Someone I actually know, it would be my wife. I play super calm around her and generally score the best. Playing around the world and having her along would rule.

Professional caddy would be Bones. I love his demeanor and the way he navigated on course. Think I’d play very well with him on the bag and it would be an awesome experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@mpeterson

Play the majority of my rounds with him - our games are similar and he know my game the best outside of myself

Interesting question for sure. I have an older gent I play with who still carries his bag, very outgoing and not serious at all. He would definitely keep me on the right track, or we would just laugh the whole time on how bad I was playing.

This is an extraordinary hypothetical, because I am so far away from this chance, but I'd go w/ @OITW. Like he said, we play a lot of golf together and are very good at knowing why each others games might go south.

I'm just glad he's getting that ultralight bag, because his old cart bag weighed about 1000 pounds.

My father-in-law, for sure. He always seems to be able to diagnose my swing issues when we play.

Okay, I'm playing in a Major, so that would be the US Open at Pebble Beach this summer. I'd get the caddie I had when I played there last year, great guy, been caddying there for 23 years or so, and REALLY knows those greens. Anywhere else, I'd go with a friend and coworker, one of the guys that played Pebble with me, who would just be great to have along for the ride.

Never thought about it before.

I'd like to have my Father caddie, but he'd probably watch and follow along these days. I'd likely just take someone I regularly golf with currently, if this is under the assumption my fantasy is of having qualified for the US Open or something.
If I was in college it would be simular and include a teammate but you could add a coach or assistant to the list. If I was an amateur just in transition with intentions of traveling on tour, I'd be looking for a professional.

My buddy, Jimbo, just to enjoy the experience of being there. He knows my game and is able to keep my out of my head. But, on a major championship track, to perform my best, I want someone with course knowledge. If I could pull a guy off a pro's bag, I'd take Joe LaCava.

I would have to go with my brother. We've played together forever and he knows my game pretty well. Plus he's a really good golfer himself and could help with strategy around the course.

Dan Quinn. We would reminisce about his old flames days and nhl career.

i'd probably hire a local caddy from the course hosting the Championship; or Carl Spackler.

It would depend really. What am I playing for? Just prestige & notoriety? Then I would pick my regular caddy or my instructor.

If I'm playing to win it & I'm taking it more serious then I want a local caddy, someone a lot more familiar with the course. Especially if it's my first time playing there.

Or if I'm the mentality of Justin Thomas or Tiger .... "Every time I tee it up I'm trying to win it" ... then these are a mute point.

One of my buddies. It's actually a topic him and I have discussed in the past. We're super competitive with each other but always crack each other up at the same time. I feel like he would bring a great balance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My league partner. He's seen me at my best and my worst, and probably knows my game better than anyone.

If pick my dad. We’ve golfed a lot together, he has a nice carefree attitude that would help keep things light.

My grandfather, he taught me to golf and love the game. So win or lose, having him there to share that experience with him would be the best.

I'd ask Bones to come out of retirement.

I don’t have a family member close, but have some close friends who I would love to be on my bag. I would get them in a room, all the names in a hat and I’ll pull one.

I have a buddy, Mark Garon, who is my best friend, also the best man at my wedding, and besides, back before i had my accident , the dream was the Senior Tour and he asked if he could . If you speak of a professional, mine would be Kip Henley..

No doubt about it, Brian Secia

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My best friend Scott would be on the bag, cracking jokes the whole way lightening the mood.

There are 2 answers here.
# 1 Isn't possible as you couldn't use a pushcart at a major championship, and that would be my dad. I have played my best rounds with him on the bag or just with him in general. Couple really really low rounds.

#2 My friend Brad. Have played a ton of golf with him and he has actually caddied on the PGATour Champions.

Back