Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Big Bertha Staff Stand Bag. I love how the '15 one looks but the more red/less white is growing on me. If I had a box to ship my bag in I think I would already have it listed for sale

Ugh I have the same ponder - just wondering if it will fit in my travel case.

Definitely a hybrid and most likely a 54 degree wedge to fill my gap between the CF16 A wedge and 58

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Stand bag.

Toulon.

Better yet, Toulon putter IN a stand bag.

You just got a stand bag (With an awesome logo on it) Play that one with pride!
This may just be me, but i want my Grandaddy bag to last the rest of my life and thats no joke. I will break it out for THP events, gatherings and other meaningful rounds. But no way am i going to chance breaking something or ruining something that means that much to me. Especially knowing there isnt a replacement for it

This may just be me, but i want my Grandaddy bag to last the rest of my life and thats no joke. I will break it out for THP events, gatherings and other meaningful rounds. But no way am i going to chance breaking something or ruining something that means that much to me. Especially knowing there isnt a replacement for it
Wrap that thing up in plastic like a couch from the midwest...

I remember this time last year I had much the same sentiments, and still do in many ways. But I remember something JB said about this meaning the world, and the gear having a special meaning. Playing my Granddaddy bag brings me back to the hideaway. But like I said I am still sort of torn.

You just got a stand bag (With an awesome logo on it) Play that one with pride!

I play just a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit more golf than most and put about 1000 times as much wear and tear on bags than most here. It would be ruined within a season, why would I want to ruin something I cherish?

I remember this time last year I had much the same sentiments, and still do in many ways. But I remember something JB said about this meaning the world, and the gear having a special meaning. Playing my Granddaddy bag brings me back to the hideaway. But like I said I am still sort of torn.

That was about the clubs brother, but honestly I feel the same way about the bag. If someone from this last one is afraid they are going to ruin theirs, they can have mine as a gamer to share with the world. I was fortunate to have one from the year before too. Just get into a multi-day THP Event, and its yours.

I used my Grandaddy bag all of last year, but I am in the process of retiring it. It means the world to me, but I wanted to use it until the next Grandaddy and then retire it. It is now going to be used for special occasions and that is about it.

I play just a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit more golf than most and put about 1000 times as much wear and tear on bags than most here. It would be ruined within a season, why would I want to ruin something I cherish?
I hear you dude.

Thats the reason I still keep gaming my old Cleveland Black mini-staff bag. It takes a beating like no other, even if it does weigh a ton.

Here's where mine sits, and will stay, for me to cherish and smile about every single time I see it every single day.

DSC_0804-XL.jpg

Right next to the Zeppelin covers. I approve! :D

Here's where mine sits, and will stay, for me to cherish and smile about every single time I see it every single day.

DSC_0804-XL.jpg

Why not?

75.Jpg

I like your taste Cookie. Sharp looking bag.

I'm pondering a new set of clubs. I'm starting to feel like I've gone as far as I can go with the Rocketbladez. They're still awesome clubs, long and straight but I am really limited when it comes to fading or drawing a ball and working it a bit more. Thinking of moving to an AP2, or maybe even last season 2014/15 Taylormade MC or RSI 2... I've tested those clubs inside and 7 iron down on our local range and they feel really good. Sounds stupid but as a 17 handicapper is it too early to begin to move to something like that?

Really pondering.

I'm pondering a new set of clubs. I'm starting to feel like I've gone as far as I can go with the Rocketbladez. They're still awesome clubs, long and straight but I am really limited when it comes to fading or drawing a ball and working it a bit more. Thinking of moving to an AP2, or maybe even last season 2014/15 Taylormade MC or RSI 2... I've tested those clubs inside and 7 iron down on our local range and they feel really good. Sounds stupid but as a 17 handicapper is it too early to begin to move to something like that?

Really pondering.

Where are you losing strokes if your irons are long and straight but your stuck at 17? Sounds like you should be looking somewhere else and not replacing the irons.

Pondering a new stand bag. Leaning toward Callaway Fusion 14 or Sun Mountain four 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you losing strokes if your irons are long and straight but your stuck at 17? Sounds like you should be looking somewhere else and not replacing the irons.

I'm bouncing around from between 14/15 and 17. My course is quite narrow with a lot of dog legs and I'm finding more and more with second shots on par 5's that I'm laying up to a corner after a drive and even the same on a few par 4's, rather than being able to draw or fade the ball with my iron shots. I've had a few lessons from my local pro and he's suggested part of the reason may be that the SGI head isn't helping with those sort of shots that need to work. I did play a round with a set of AP2's for example and found it quite a bit easier to generate the shot shape I wanted.

Part of it too is the visual aspect of the Rockets. The only real thing I don't like about the Rocketbladez is the size of them at address.

I dunno it could be purely a mental thing or just wanting something new. Understand the question you're asking cause it does sound like I'm an idiot ;)

Last edited:
Pondering a new stand bag. Leaning toward Callaway Fusion 14 or Sun Mountain four 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhillyV was selling his Bertha stand in the marketplace for a solid price

Just read through the entire Callaway GBB fairway thread....back on the HW ponder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just read through the entire Callaway GBB fairway thread....back on the HW ponder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Heavenwood is a special club. I love it.

Why on earth do I have this strange desire to get an alignment stick cover?

Always liked Yes! Putters..this one looks pretty sweet..

cece46dd75c491150632b0a2e5e82263.jpg
0f620e9a75985a8451bfb8e45d5c73a7.jpg
f2c8c38e77ad9fda6b7d784a445e1934.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back