2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to lay off the treadmill, my knee is too sore the next day. Maybe I need to lower the incline?????

So I might get some grief for over training bench, but this was my workout last night. Workout partner and I abused the bench last night. Local Power lifting coach was there working us over.

135x5 155x5 185x5 205x5 225x5 245x5 275x3 295x2 315x1 275x3 255x5 225x5 275x3 225x5 185x5 then 185x10 with foam block for tricep burner.
Volume.

Had to lay off the treadmill, my knee is too sore the next day. Maybe I need to lower the incline?????
I'm sure many will roll their eyes, but you probably get a touch stronger. Squatting may be a good idea.

So I might get some grief for over training bench, but this was my workout last night. Workout partner and I abused the bench last night. Local Power lifting coach was there working us over.

135x5 155x5 185x5 205x5 225x5 245x5 275x3 295x2 315x1 275x3 255x5 225x5 275x3 225x5 185x5 then 185x10 with foam block for tricep burner.
That's like a weeks worth of reps haha

I always use 1% to simulate running outside, and then get the HIIT part by speed.

Just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Eddie Hall setting a new record today with 1025lb deadlift. Holy hell lol so many plates

Did a bosu class for the first time yesterday. It was one of the hardest things I've done. I was going to hit golf balls but the simulator was in use so I gave it a try.
1019cf8758f7eb0005c294b14c6d6230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today at the Arnold Strongman classic 3 men DL over 1000 lbs, with Eddie Hall DL 1025 lb to win the event. Highlight videos are up on floelite.com if you want to check it out. Brian Shaw came in 2nd his DL look so smooth he looks like he has 1100 lb in him

Today at the Arnold Strongman classic 3 men DL over 1000 lbs, with Eddie Hall DL 1025 lb to win the event. Highlight videos are up on floelite.com if you want to check it out. Brian Shaw came in 2nd his DL look so smooth he looks like he has 1100 lb in him
Yeah, this event is not to be missed.

Well I made it to the weekend had a crappy shoulder workout.

OH press 95-130

Then upright rows and after that I lost all motivation, I finished up my DB OH Press, and shrugs though.

Also I've been having a lingering pain in my one shoulder and kinda debating if I should take a week off. It's been around for 2-3 weeks now.

Friday Leg day

Friday Leg day

Bonus Friday leg day. Did a single rep of 465 squat, was ugly. Did it again much better. Ended with 3 sets of 6 pause at the bottom reps at 225. Feel good this morning, see how I feel tomorrow about that.

Well I made it to the weekend had a crappy shoulder workout.

OH press 95-130

Then upright rows and after that I lost all motivation, I finished up my DB OH Press, and shrugs though.

Also I've been having a lingering pain in my one shoulder and kinda debating if I should take a week off. It's been around for 2-3 weeks now.

Have you done any rotator cuff auxiliary work?

Rippetoe with some golden information regarding shoulder health. I am not a fan of shoulder raises or upright rows. I don't believe they do anything other than introduce injuries. But what do I know.

552504e74c2c1ac773002cc47d987158.jpg
4c98cbc3d3c027687a7b09c5e1914c4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rippetoe with some golden information regarding shoulder health. I am not a fan of shoulder raises or upright rows. I don't believe they do anything other than introduce injuries. But what do I know.

Yup, I 100% agree. All the upright rows in my workouts get automatically changed to the TRX row complex (face pull / mid pull / low pull).

Yeah after seeing the footage man Shaw smoked 1021 like it was nothing, Eddie had to mega grind. I guess he said he went too conservative and wasn't sure what everyone else would open with. Shaw definitely could have set a record.

Went to the bar instead of the gym yesterday, so had to make it up today with squats, press, and cleans. Squats went well, and got some video for critique of both my brother and me. Press was hard and did 3 reps at 135 and failed, then finished the set at 120 and did the next 2 sets to completion at 120. Cleans were uneventful, which is good I suppose.

For my squat, everything feels good (this is the second work set), but are those high? With my giant thighs it is hard for me to tell but figured some of your trained eyes could tell right away. Any critique or suggestions are appreciated.

[video=youtube;z2osYLj-7q4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2osYLj-7q4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

For my brother, I've been trying to help him, but think some of your feedback may help him as well, if you don't mind taking a look.

Depth was questionable on the first rep but everything else looked good, depth wise. Big thighs make it tough to tell. But the speed out of the bottom is a good indicator. It looks like you hit the stretch and flew up, which only happens with depth.

The worry I have, your knees never stop traveling forward. They need to get in place 1/3 to 1/2 way into your decent. TUBOW will be your friend. You might need to shove your knees out harder.

Good looking high bar squats from your bro. Not my preferred method, but for high bar they looked good.

Last edited:
Depth was questionable on the first rep but everything else looked good, depth wise. Big thighs make it tough to tell. But the speed out of the bottom is a good indicator. It looks like you hit the stretch and flew up, which only happens with depth.

The worry I have, your knees never stop traveling forward. They need to get in place 1/3 to 1/2 way into your decent. TUBOW will be your friend. You might need to shove your knees out harder.

Good looking high bar squats from your bro. Not my preferred method, but for high bar they looked good.
I keep trying to get him to switch to low bar but he resists for some reason.

I'll start working with tubow and try to get the knee slide fixed. Thanks for the feedback, Blu.

1 12oz can of Diet A&W Cream Soda. 1 cup of half and half. 3 scoops of unflavored whey. 60 grams of protein. It was delicious.

Very rarely do I actually do curls but for the past week I have been eyeballing the 100 pound bar. I Grabbed it and did 3 sets of 4. I wasn't near that a month ago. My chin ups suffered as I only did 3 sets of 10 and 2 sets of 6 but it was worth it.

Very rarely do I actually do curls but for the past week I have been eyeballing the 100 pound bar. I Grabbed it and did 3 sets of 4. I wasn't near that a month ago. My chin ups suffered as I only did 3 sets of 10 and 2 sets of 6 but it was worth it.
Some interesting curls to do are the reverse-grip ones. Hold the ez-curl bar with your palms towards you rather than away from you.

Nothing like some spa time when you're sore as hell. Jets just feel freaking incredible haha

Nothing like some spa time when you're sore as hell. Jets just feel freaking incredible haha

You are cruel. That sounds so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back