The Car Shopping Thread

Van shopping has started. Can probably get a much better interest rate than my current one and don't think I'll be upside down if I trade it in.

Love our Van. Lease is almost up and will probably go with another.

Just arrived... 2016 Chevy SS. 415 hp 415 tq 0-60 in 4.7 seconds.

d3f92a4521064f95308d511c436dfe64.jpg

Who wants it? Similar to White Lion before my mods.

So, assuming the wife's Honda Fit gets written off, we are in the market for a new car.

She still wants something with a comparable amount of space inside the car (she uses it for catering for her restaurant). I really can't think of anything else in the same-ish price range, with a comparable cargo space, and decent enough fuel mileage.

I absolutely hate car shopping.
The Ford C-Max might be an option? Not a subcompact like the Fit, but tons of room inside. The first few years of the car were horrible, but it appears they've got them figured out now with the 2016 model.

Just arrived... 2016 Chevy SS. 415 hp 415 tq 0-60 in 4.7 seconds.

d3f92a4521064f95308d511c436dfe64.jpg

Who wants it? Similar to White Lion before my mods.
Can I get 84 months financing on it? Looks sharp. I could get to the course pretty quickly in that thing.

Can I get 84 months financing on it? Looks sharp. I could get to the course pretty quickly in that thing.

Yep 84 months no problem. Yep can get there real quick. Just as I do...

<----- look at my avatar

0% is something I didn't even consider as possible. Wow.

0% financing with extended warranty for the period of the financing. So on warranty until the car is paid off.

I regret it really only because if the car gets into an accident and is written off, it probably won't come close to paying what I owe .

The Ford C-Max might be an option? Not a subcompact like the Fit, but tons of room inside. The first few years of the car were horrible, but it appears they've got them figured out now with the 2016 model.

The funniest thing is I mentioned the C-Max....

"I don't really know about Ford or Chevy, they don't sound like a good brand name" said the wife

0% financing with extended warranty for the period of the financing. So on warranty until the car is paid off.

I regret it really only because if the car gets into an accident and is written off, it probably won't come close to paying what I owe .
That's what GAP Insurance is for. Did you get that, too?

The funniest thing is I mentioned the C-Max....

"I don't really know about Ford or Chevy, they don't sound like a good brand name" said the wife
Ha ha ha
Ford is the #1 selling brand in the US.

If you HAVE any questions on rebates or anything, PM me.

Yep 84 months no problem. Yep can get there real quick. Just as I do...

<----- look at my avatar
I was only kidding about the financing, but good to know. And I watched the transformation of your car.

Friends don't let Friends finance depreciable assets!

It's a rare animal. It can make you money if you buy it and store it. But odds are it will be driven. To fun not to drive!

So, assuming the wife's Honda Fit gets written off, we are in the market for a new car.

She still wants something with a comparable amount of space inside the car (she uses it for catering for her restaurant). I really can't think of anything else in the same-ish price range, with a comparable cargo space, and decent enough fuel mileage.

I absolutely hate car shopping.
If you don't mind used, you will get an amazing deal on a VW Jetta SportWagon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha
Ford is the #1 selling brand in the US.

If you HAVE any questions on rebates or anything, PM me.
Vehicle brand yes.

When you take trucks out of the equation it isn't even close. Toyota is damn near 4% ahead of the next competitor.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Finally settled on a Chevy Volt as the replacement for our Nissan Leaf, which is at the end of its lease. Got a really good deal on a 2012 model so we'll see how long we can run it.

It's nice to drive (with that electric-car smooth rush that I really like) and has a good collection of features so it should make commuting a lot more enjoyable than in the Leaf.

Also discovered that the local Chevy dealer is a pretty good bunch of folks that were willing to work with me when other dealers only gave us the take-it-or-leave-it treatment.

Man I hate car shopping when the wife is so disinterested in the process. She will be driving/paying for it, I just wish she would have an opinion.

Back