TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls

Ok, I will play the contrarian. As my eyes seemingly have a more difficult time seeing the ball each year, I appreciate the efforts to enhance my visual perception of what the ball is doing, both short game and ball flight on full shots.

Looks better than Truvis, I am in!

For those wondering the size of design, here is the actual ball. Not as big as the graphic makes them look

86d798c6b49e4d008aaa1130ab00d9bc.jpg

I'd like to see one of these up against a putter using one of the "X" profiles as an alignment tool.

Good luck in the fall with leaves with that thing.

Ugh.

Probably.

Hard pass for me. Way too much going on.

My big question for them is...why?

Why was it a segment they felt so strongly they needed to get into?

My big question for them is...why?

Why was it a segment they felt so strongly they needed to get into?

It's the first real flinch from other companies in reaction to Callaway's Truvis success. Never easy to be the first, and I'd argue even harder to be second.

For those wondering the size of design, here is the actual ball. Not as big as the graphic makes them look

86d798c6b49e4d008aaa1130ab00d9bc.jpg
Much better than the packaging

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd really like to read the "White Paper" on the research that was done by IU to come up the pattern.
I read the Triple Track and it was real informative - There is a lot going on in this pattern - More to the eye that one can distinguish.

My question: Does the Internet explode if he puts it in play?

9b13573029aba3ffe47e109d8e288066.png

This would be the game changer. I hope he does put them in play, then I will be able to find plenty of them around the course. But, I'm not buying any.

It's the first real flinch from other companies in reaction to Callaway's Truvis success. Never easy to be the first, and I'd argue even harder to be second.

Completely agree. Its the biggest sign, to me, of them being "reactionary" that I have seen.

Looks like an overzealous KICK X golf ball.

kickx.jpg

I was pretty skeptical about Truvis - but it did seem to help me see the ball while it was in the air.

I might give them a try, but I agree with most that they don't look that appealing.

It doesn't look as bad in the in hand pictures but it's still too busy for me. That design is kind of obnoxious.

ok that looks better. Still not sold though.

Same. All I can think of is "that color scheme looks like a nightmare for fall golf"

Also, usually you make the promotional materials look BETTER than the real thing, not the other way around.

The graphics in hand look a ton smaller than the presser photo. Still, I'm not a fan of this. Maybe if it was in yellow I'd have a different opinion.

Completely agree. Its the biggest sign, to me, of them being "reactionary" that I have seen.

Is it reactionary, or just blatant copy catting? I know it’s said over and over that all the manufacturers “borrow” each other’s ideas, but TaylorMade has made an art form out of it, imo, and I am one of the biggest fan boys ever for the P790s.

I like what Callaway did with the tru-vis and have enjoyed the ball and I wondered back then how long it would be before someone else jumps in the game. This feels like an extreme move the other direction and almost gives me the "it's now a full on gimmick" vibe. What's next, the Wilson Duo with the brand 'W' or shield all over it? Srixon underlined 'S' plastered 15 times on the ball...

I like what Callaway did with the tru-vis and have enjoyed the ball and I wondered back then how long it would be before someone else jumps in the game. This feels like an extreme move the other direction and almost gives me the "it's now a full on gimmick" vibe. What's next, the Wilson Duo with the brand 'W' or shield all over it? Srixon underlined 'S' plastered 15 times on the ball...

I agree. Truvis has wild designs like this one but those are course specific and not their 'featured' ball. It's a bold take as the first featured TP5 Pix golf ball

Wilson ball with the shield all over it would be badass.

Back