TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls

What I would really like to see, is a zoomed out picture of a couple clubs side by side (like an iron, a putter, etc) with a TP5 pix at address, but not zoomed in. More or less, what we'd actually be looking at.

The detail of the big pictures (pix lol) are fantastic but it's not really what we'd experience if we were playing them. I think it would be a much better representation of the profile.

Someone else doing Truvis like was bound to happen. Kind of like when Odyssey started making their putters in TM Spider red.

I am not a fan of this. But, to be fair, I don't care much for the Truvis design either. But, I would take that in a heart beat over this.

My question: Does the Internet explode if he puts it in play?

9b13573029aba3ffe47e109d8e288066.png
It probably does, but I'm still not a fan of this particular design. It seems to be a bit of overkill, but that could be my knee jerk reaction as a frequent Truvis player. It definitely will match well with some of the bolder colors that Rickie rocks.

OK, I'll say it....and I'm a TP5/TP5x fanboy...

Those are freaking hideous.

Really bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a fan of this. But, to be fair, I don't care much for the Truvis design either. But, I would take that in a heart beat over this.

Since the two balls play differently and provide a different experience, would performance not matter over the way a ball looks?

I think I'd rather play with Wilson SpongeBob balls. Man these are ugly.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Are you talking these specifically, or this idea (including balls like truvis)?

These specifically. I guess I’m unclear on how these specifically could help me and my game.

Yea I’m not sure I love these. The design looks a bit too messy for me.

But with the tech and IU research backing it, I’m interested to test one out.

Since the two balls play differently and provide a different experience, would performance not matter over the way a ball looks?

If you can’t stand how it looks, you’ll never let yourself get full performance.

It’s not a one or the other thing imo

If you can’t stand how it looks, you’ll never let yourself get full performance.

Well, @radiman said he didn't like either of the designs, so I figured it would be fairly similar.

Well, @radiman said he didn't like either of the designs, so I figured it would be fairly similar.

I dont either, but I can stand one a little more than the other.

I am speaking in terms of design. In regards to how they play, I haven't really ever noticed a major difference between tour level balls, at least in terms of performance. Some spin a bit more around the greens than others for sure. But, I have never found a ball that is noticeably longer or short than any other tour level model. Usually, I base my decision on feel off the putter and wedges.

Thankfully, they offer regular white versions of these. Big fan of last years TP5 and from what I am reading on this year's version, they will be on my radar.

I think the thing to me is just how much the graphics stand out on these. Truvis, despite being busy seems to kind of just blend in for me and still have me looking at the ball. For me, looking at the address picture JB posted, I keep focusing on the design itself.

To me, these seem more distracting. In hand, in play, who knows? But I'd be hesitant to try these.

This is basically what I was getting at.

These specifically. I guess I’m unclear on how these specifically could help me and my game.

In that regard, I think what @JB quoted from TaylorMade in the first post is telling;

The human eye processes lighter colors more efficiently when it’s darker and darker colors when it’s lighter. This is why TaylorMade TP5 Pix is multicolor with in each shape. We were told they worked for more than 18 months to produce this one of a kind printing machine.

“White, round and sits on the ground is no longer the norm for golf balls. Visual technology has given us the opportunity to not only change the appearance of the golf ball but also allows for players to see immediate feedback where spin matters most – on and around the greens.” — Mike Fox, Category Director, Golf Balls

So, the color change supports all levels of light, and the lines around the green are maybe more obvious?

In that regard, I think what @JB quoted from TaylorMade in the first post is telling;

The human eye processes lighter colors more efficiently when it’s darker and darker colors when it’s lighter. This is why TaylorMade TP5 Pix is multicolor with in each shape. We were told they worked for more than 18 months to produce this one of a kind printing machine.

“White, round and sits on the ground is no longer the norm for golf balls. Visual technology has given us the opportunity to not only change the appearance of the golf ball but also allows for players to see immediate feedback where spin matters most – on and around the greens.” — Mike Fox, Category Director, Golf Balls

So, the color change supports all levels of light, and the lines around the green are maybe more obvious?

Yup. Visual acuity like I mentioned earlier.

We saw it with colors off and on for years, it’s kinda surprising though we didn’t see this or truvis sooner.

the obvious answer there is to shy away from any ball like this (which I tend to fall in that camp as well).

I'd like to see one rolling on a green to learn more about the 'lines' that are supposedly very clear - based on the content we've been given. When I look at Truvis, I think of a good ball to train with in putting and short chips. If this is more obvious in how the ball is rolling, I 'get' it.

I personally have a harder time following Truvis on full shots or finding them than I do white CS so I'm interested to see these at address, while being searched for, and in flight in various light conditions too. Although where the heck did the sun go the past few months?

My original statement was out of line. I’ll try again: I really don’t like these. At all.

My question: Does the Internet explode if he puts it in play?

9b13573029aba3ffe47e109d8e288066.png
I thought Ricky is using the TP5x though? These are specifically said to be TP5 only for now. Unless they make one specifically for Ricky?

It looks like someone applied peel off stickers on there. Not a great look.

I thought Ricky is using the TP5x though? These are specifically said to be TP5 only for now. Unless they make one specifically for Ricky?

I saw that as well. I'm sure that would be sorted if he ever opted to play them.

I saw that as well. I'm sure that would be sorted if he ever opted to play them.

Yep, just like Phil and Triple Track

I don’t hate the shape of the design but it’s just too busy for me. I’d be more interested if it was just a solid orange shape or any other color. But the graphic has multiple colors and layers and is a bit more distracting than the standard Truvis ball

Back