TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls

Those are not appealing.

There seems to be a bit going on with these, but I could see myself playing them, I'll be curious to see if they'll be available in other colors or prints. Keeping the science to it, but adding a bit of flare to it.

For someone who doesn't care for the Truvis, this would be a pass also.

Not a fan. I feel like it looks a little too cartoony for my liking. Looks like the old Batman "POW." Maybe if they had a different color palate? It definitely looks better in the pic that JB posted, but would select the Truvis over this.

the colours are fine, but why that shape?

This new Pix ball is like abstract art. Either you love it or not. It works for you or not. Etc etc

Truvis looks like an old-school soccer ball & it is a very well known image.
People in general gravitate to things they know/like/comfortable.
Callaway by doing this like a soccer ball has the edge by far.

Note: I don't like abstract art. Give a pciture of a coverbridge or a skyscraper any day

I think that might be my issue also. If you gave me those colors in a Truvis pattern I don't think it would look as bad. There's something about the X that doesn't look right to my eyes.

I think that might be my issue also. If you gave me those colors in a Truvis pattern I don't think it would look as bad. There's something about the X that doesn't look right to my eyes.

Someone on social said "The irony of the X pattern and it not being available in the X is funny".
I'll admit I laughed.

Purely speculative, but I have to wonder whether the visual pattern we see as the ball rolls on a green while putting would have a more pronounced line based on this;

d49566b6ea35926576ac5d0ce96b1272.png

There seems to be a bit going on with these, but I could see myself playing them, I'll be curious to see if they'll be available in other colors or prints. Keeping the science to it, but adding a bit of flare to it.
Not a fan. I feel like it looks a little too cartoony for my liking. Looks like the old Batman "POW." Maybe if they had a different color palate? It definitely looks better in the pic that JB posted, but would select the Truvis over this.

I cannot fathom anything like this being a one and done.

Someone on social said "The irony of the X pattern and it not being available in the X is funny".
I'll admit I laughed.

That's pretty good actually. I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't bring that pattern out to both models, you're cutting the potential consumers in half.

Yes! That's a great comparison. Now that's what I'm going to see every time I see one of these balls.

I don’t even like to see a logo of the ball when I’m putting so these would be visual overload for my senses.

Not a fan.

No thank you. The truvis look so much better. And the only reason we have them is my 9yr old likes them as it helps him concrete on the ball.

I don't know, I wasn't sure about the truvis at first and ended up loving the design, but went away from it because I didn't like the ball. I love the TP5 so I might try these

I can't think of much positive to say here other than "Hooray for options?" I guess.

I don't know, I wasn't sure about the truvis at first and ended up loving the design, but went away from it because I didn't like the ball. I love the TP5 so I might try these

Nice!! I hope we see quite a few THPers get these in play to hear about how they operate.

That's awful. I wouldn't even play mini golf with that...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can't think of much positive to say here other than "Hooray for options?" I guess.
That's pretty much where I stand on it. These just don't hit the mark, FOR ME. But I'm not the only golfer on the planet. Volvik has a Marvel series of balls out. Not for me, either, but others are I to it. Options are a good thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's awful. I wouldn't even play mini golf with that...

I call ********. You’d mini golf the hell out of that.

I call ********. You’d mini golf the hell out of that.
No way! Maybe on the hole where I can lose it in the water.... on purpose. That ball just screams Nitro.

Back