TaylorMade TP5 Pix Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pix comes from Pixelated and was designed with Indiana University, the same team they used for other projects such as the new Spier X.

The human eye processes lighter colors more efficiently when it’s darker and darker colors when it’s lighter. This is why TaylorMade TP5 Pix is multicolor with in each shape. We were told they worked for more than 18 months to produce this one of a kind printing machine.

“White, round and sits on the ground is no longer the norm for golf balls. Visual technology has given us the opportunity to not only change the appearance of the golf ball but also allows for players to see immediate feedback where spin matters most – on and around the greens.” — Mike Fox, Category Director, Golf Balls

These will hit stores on March 22 and cost $45 per dozen.
Pix is available in TP5, but not currently TP5x.

i-j5dBSJ5-M.png

i-2vJGg4d-M.png

man I feel like those my psych me out before hitting a shot.

Certainly interesting. Eventually someone had to do something to compete with Truvis. I'm not sure how I feel about these, they don't look bad but graphics are so big

OK, I'll say it....and I'm a TP5/TP5x fanboy...

Those are freaking hideous.

not. a. fan.

Having recently become a fan of the TP5 ball, I will probably give them a try. But holy cow do those balls have a lot of visual stimulation going on. My hope is that when viewed from a normal stance distance the colors blend into each other. Otherwise, I could see myself losing focus on the individual dots in each marking.

As I start to get up in age these could be a winner but not sure about putting with them.

• Admin
For those wondering the size of design, here is the actual ball. Not as big as the graphic makes them look

86d798c6b49e4d008aaa1130ab00d9bc.jpg

Those are really sharpe looking, but if my Purdue boys saw them and knew they were designed by IU I would never hear the end of it.

IU sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok that looks better. Still not sold though.

No me gusta.

For those wondering the size of design, here is the actual ball. Not as big as the graphic makes them look

86d798c6b49e4d008aaa1130ab00d9bc.jpg

I find it interesting that on the graphic, the yellow dots/hexagons go all the way through the red on the graphic mark, and seem to blend towards the end. But on the actual ball, they just stop and remain fairly large. I want to see one in person from a normal set-up distance, but I think that having the full gradient would be preferred.

I'd have to see one and hit one in person, but just off the photos....not for me

My thoughts exactly

and I'll be honest, I'm not a truvis guy, even though I've tried them for multiple rounds.

I am lukewarm on these.

I don't love them, but I would certainly give them a try.

I feel like I’d have this subconscious desire to wipe the ball off. It almost looks like debris you’d move from around the ball before setting up for a shot. Like leaves ?

and I'll be honest, I'm not a truvis guy, even though I've tried them for multiple rounds.

Samesies.

But, I would play those over these in a second.

What again is the purpose of this design? Finding a lost ball easier, or seeing spin? Or something else I’m missing?

What again is the purpose of this design? Finding a lost ball easier, or seeing spin? Or something else I’m missing?

In flight visual acuity.

Its just supposed to be easier to see.

Are you talking these specifically, or this idea (including balls like truvis)?

Well they have the X factor working for them.

wow people thought this was a good idea?

Back