The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bad move by Browns management. He is a bust and will just make the Browns fans frustrated, imo.

I don't know if i agree with that, if you put him in the right situation and scheme he could be good again.

I think Hue Jackson is a good QB coach and OC.

Then again it is he Browns...

Bill O'Brien is a great offensive mind though and a solid QB guru, nit to mention the addition of Miller and i fee like the preparation under manning will help osweiler in that regard.

Agreed he is being overpaid.

The Texans are certainly making some moves on offense, but I think Osweiler is still somewhat unproven. They've got a couple weapons there though so he certainly could thrive in O'Briens system!

Can't believe no one is talking about Colt McCoy getting another contract extension from the Skins for another 3 years. I can't believe he turns 30 by opening week. He has made himself one nice career as a very decent backup QB. Good for him.

Can't believe no one is talking about Colt McCoy getting another contract extension from the Skins for another 3 years. I can't believe he turns 30 by opening week. He has made himself one nice career as a very decent backup QB. Good for him.
He and Chase Daniels!

This is interesting...

c87f0cb21b4bf60fe4d8525175af0575.jpg

I actually like the move for the Browns if it happens.
He is a good person off the field.
He has some raw ability.
THe upside is there and the downside is nothing, because he costs very little.
Seems like a no risk move.
It'll be interesting to see Griffin with the clean slate and no real relationship with the upper management, namely the owner. Personal opinion as a Redskins fan, I think he's a bust, his fundamentals were still pretty poor in the little action I saw of him last preseason, and he simply hasn't shown he wants to evolve as a quarterback from a read-option guy to a player who reads the field before the snap and makes the smart decision with the ball in the pocket. The playbook for Griffin right now would be incredibly thin. And while he's not a get arrested type of drama, how he decided to leave the locker room last season to me says he thinks none of this is his fault, that he was the victim in Washington. Also, he's got two concussions, and his knee has been reconstructed twice.

Still, how bad do the Browns fans have to be feeling that a QB can include his lack of a rap sheet in his resume?

I don't know if i agree with that, if you put him in the right situation and scheme he could be good again.

I think Hue Jackson is a good QB coach and OC.

Then again it is he Browns...

I don't think so. He is a few steps slower and not a great passer. Just trading on bad team for another. For his sake I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him as a leader or a good QB

The Texans are certainly making some moves on offense, but I think Osweiler is still somewhat unproven. They've got a couple weapons there though so he certainly could thrive in O'Briens system!
I still think Bill O'Brien gets a QB in the draft, specifically Hackenburg. But there's too many good players on the Texans right now not to take a flyer on a QB with solid upside like Osweiler in case he is lives up to his potential and they make a good playoff run.

Kaep now a Bronco wow

Poor Demaryius thomas

It'll be interesting to see Griffin with the clean slate and no real relationship with the upper management, namely the owner. Personal opinion as a Redskins fan, I think he's a bust, his fundamentals were still pretty poor in the little action I saw of him last preseason, and he simply hasn't shown he wants to evolve as a quarterback from a read-option guy to a player who reads the field before the snap and makes the smart decision with the ball in the pocket. The playbook for Griffin right now would be incredibly thin. And while he's not a get arrested type of drama, how he decided to leave the locker room last season to me says he thinks none of this is his fault, that he was the victim in Washington. Also, he's got two concussions, and his knee has been reconstructed twice.

Still, how bad do the Browns fans have to be feeling that a QB can include his lack of a rap sheet in his resume?

FWIW, I thought he was a bust at the very beginning and was laughed at on THP because I said Andrew Luck was so far more advanced than him as a player.
The locker room stuff has a pretty strong explanation when you hear it from him. Most of the players have said they like the guy, he doesnt get into any trouble, and costs virtually nothing for even a glimmer of upside. To me that is worth it.

I don't get Kaep...inaccurate throwers don't succeed.

What do you guys make of the Raider's moves? The OL, DL and now a CB.

I don't get Kaep...inaccurate throwers don't succeed.

What do you guys make of the Raider's moves? The OL, DL and now a CB.

I haven't seen confirmation of it anywhere, but it appears the Broncos are probably the team that's going to end up with him.

As far as the Raiders go, I think they're making solid moves to continue building on the success they had last season. They seem to be pointing in the right direction. And that's coming from a Niners fan :wink:

I don't think so. He is a few steps slower and not a great passer. Just trading on bad team for another. For his sake I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him as a leader or a good QB

...and the Browns offensive line is like Swiss cheese. He definitely won't have the speed to get away and most likely will take several shots.

Hoping the rumors aren't true.

...and the Browns offensive line is like Swiss cheese. He definitely won't have the speed to get away and most likely will take several shots.

Hoping the rumors aren't true.

Agreed nothign out there saying he is coming to CLE for sure, just a few places saying Broncos, Jets and Browns are in the running

Agreed nothign out there saying he is coming to CLE for sure, just a few places saying Broncos, Jets and Browns are in the running

Yeah I heard Broncos was leading the chase for him but this stuff changes by the minute.

i wouldnt be suprised if RG3 or Kap does well next year. It all depends on the coach/ system. see alex smith/ carson palmer/ ryan fitz

The more I read, the more it appears RGIII to CLE is nothing but a rumor.

Sorry I kept your hopes down Ohio. :act-up:

100% agree that he is not a good leader.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Kaepernick is another.

I have no idea why the jets don't sign fitz and get it over with

CJ Anderson visiting the Lions, I would like this addition!

I haven't seen confirmation of it anywhere, but it appears the Broncos are probably the team that's going to end up with him.

As far as the Raiders go, I think they're making solid moves to continue building on the success they had last season. They seem to be pointing in the right direction. And that's coming from a Niners fan :wink:
I have to agree here. With that QB, and a star in the making in Cooper, the def can be good enough with Mack in the middle and few others around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back