The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out today my grandfathers cancer is Stage 4 lung cancer, pretty bleak outlook. He had emergency surgery over the weekend, they removed a tumor from his back and had to fuse the F5-11 vertebrae.

The worse part he has been to the doctor complaining about back pain and they kept telling him it was arthritis. It was probably too late at that point also but it's only gotten worse.

Sorry to hear that...prayers.

Struggling with some anxiety which is totally out of character for me.
Yep.

I've now convinced myself I got bed bugs in Texas even though I haven't seen anything but I've been itchy since I got back.

Hope it passes soon. If you need any help PM me I've dealt with this stuff for the better part of ten years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Found out today my grandfathers cancer is Stage 4 lung cancer, pretty bleak outlook. He had emergency surgery over the weekend, they removed a tumor from his back and had to fuse the F5-11 vertebrae.

The worse part he has been to the doctor complaining about back pain and they kept telling him it was arthritis. It was probably too late at that point also but it's only gotten worse.

Sorry to hear about this bro. Sending thoughts and prayer to you and the family

Thoughts and prayers Wake! It totally sucks that they didn't find it sooner.

Damn dude wishing your family the best.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, it means a lot.

Aw that stinks Wake, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I get that same thing from time to time with things coming from over seas and then all of the sudden it just shows up, usually pretty close to on time too.

I've gotten things faster from the UK than from either coast, and weeks ahead of estimated. Only a couple of times, but it happens! Never seems to happen with food items though, and they are the most important.

So sorry to hear, Wake. Cancer doesn't run in my family but the thought of it is always there. Good thoughts coming your way.

I've gotten things faster from the UK than from either coast, and weeks ahead of estimated. Only a couple of times, but it happens! Never seems to happen with food items though, and they are the most important.
It took me four days to get new boots from Australia.

Incredible, especially considering shipping was free.

Last edited:
Man just down in the dumps lately. Where is that light that is supposedly at the end of the tunnel. I have absolutely no motivation right now.
Sometimes our tunnels are a little longer than we hope.

Sometimes our tunnels are a little longer than we hope.

You can say that again. We are being hit with everything right now as a family. It's been a tough month and will be a few brutal weeks ahead.

One thing I love about THP is I have you guys here!!!

Sorry to hear this brother. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Terrible news, Austin. Very sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear Wake. Just cherish the moments and whatever time is left whether it be weeks or years. I thought I was doing so with my Dad and now that hes gone I wish I would have done it even more. I hope everything works out and he makes a miraculous recovery though.

All this rain in Texas and guess who is leaving for it Sunday? Going to LA Porte for work and right now they are having some major flooding. Hope the water is down by than

That's what I'm hoping for. Its happened before with both domestic and international packages, where it just says delivered and nothing gets updated. Its coming over via DHL so it wouldn't surprise me to be honest. I'm just impatient at this point.

Of course I just got a tracking update and surprise surprise its in the state and hopefully being delivered today or tomorrow. Happened exactly how I thought it would, no updates and then its magically on its way.

Every day, every single day the girl I work with goes for a walk at lunch time outside, then comes back and eats a yogurt for lunch. All I smell is sweat and yogurt for the next 30 minutes. Gross.

Every day, every single day the girl I work with goes for a walk at lunch time outside, then comes back and eats a yogurt for lunch. All I smell is sweat and yogurt for the next 30 minutes. Gross.
She must be doing that power walking. Wait, is she getting ready for the Olympics? But that can't be a good combination...

Sounds glorious. But isn't it too cold to sweat? Maybe when she isn't looking hit her with a spritz of febreeze.

Wake,
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Shouldn't you be complementing her on her active lifestyle and healthy eating?

Just spray her down with a garden hose when she walks in the door. She'll get the hint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back