Arccos/Game Golf sensors

slimjim32

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm curious for those that have used either Arccos or Game Golf, whether the sensors register as hits when you put your clubs in your bag? Most of my clubs have the tip of my grip touching the bottom of my bag, and am worried that if I get one of these shot trackers I will be spending a lot of time trying to undo shot registration from inside my bag.

Is this something I should even worry about, or is it a no worry situation? What about damage to the sensor themselves?

Not with Arccos. I have not had a single instance with that so far.

no experience with Game golf not plenty of experience with arccos. When the clubs are in your bag they are not active, when you flip them over to use (so grip is towards the sky) they turn on. I had false reading if I dropped clubs around the green, but never returning back to the bag.

no experience with Game golf not plenty of experience with arccos. When the clubs are in your bag they are not active, when you flip them over to use (so grip is towards the sky) they turn on. I had false reading if I dropped clubs around the green, but never returning back to the bag.

Not with Arccos.... just set a 45 day reminder to change the puttter battery on your phone.

The Game Golf Live unit only uses RFID tags in each club, no batteries. The only way to register a shot is to tag the club RFID chip to the unit on your belt. It’s simple and foolproof. Never had an errant shot recorded with mine... but the trade off is that you have to remember to tag every shot.

I'm curious for those that have used either Arccos or Game Golf, whether the sensors register as hits when you put your clubs in your bag? Most of my clubs have the tip of my grip touching the bottom of my bag, and am worried that if I get one of these shot trackers I will be spending a lot of time trying to undo shot registration from inside my bag.

Is this something I should even worry about, or is it a no worry situation? What about damage to the sensor themselves?

I purchased a set of original GG tags and used them as my primary source for golf analytics in 2016, 2017, 2018. I changed my grips this off-season and learned the tags had worn off on the bottom, meaning i didn't know which club they belonged too. To be fair. I was on the fence in upgrading to either the new GG Pro or Arccos. In the end, just last week, i purchased a set of Arccos caddie sensors and although I haven't played yet (silly Canadian winter weather), I am excited to use them.

So be aware of the tags wearing away on the GG tags. I will say they worked just fine and I didn't have any issue with tagging, especially putting them back in the bag for false shot identification issues. But the Arccos dashboards and analytics are much better than GG, which is one of the main reasons I have moved on from GG. Customer service at Arccos is much superior as well, which is another reason moved on. I hope this helps in some small way for you.

No issues with the Cobra Connect sensors during my round.

Back