Any drone pilots here?

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone a hobby or professional drone pilot? Our school just bought one (DJI Phantom 4 Pro). We're going to use it for photos/video and photogammetry surveying. Students are excited about flying, but I'm cramming trying to get up to speed before I let them fly. Any tips?

I just bought a drone myself, GoPro Karma, but have yet to fly it.

Anyone a hobby or professional drone pilot? Our school just bought one (DJI Phantom 4 Pro). We're going to use it for photos/video and photogammetry surveying. Students are excited about flying, but I'm cramming trying to get up to speed before I let them fly. Any tips?
I have a few I use for inspections at work. A couple Phantom 2's, a Phantom 4 and a Mavik.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just spend some time getting used to the controls. As long as its linked to a satellite, it'll hover dead stick pretty well. Oh... and if you're using your phone to fly it, make sure it's on airplane mode. I nuked one of my phantom 2's because I got a phone call mid flight.

Just spend some time getting used to the controls. As long as its linked to a satellite, it'll hover dead stick pretty well. Oh... and if you're using your phone to fly it, make sure it's on airplane mode. I nuked one of my phantom 2's because I got a phone call mid flight.

The 4 Pro's controller actually has an integrated screen, no More phone calls mid flight. I've got everything charged, accounts registered, and am hoping to get it off the ground tomorrow. I brought it home to study...yeah that's it study

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The 4 Pro's controller actually has an integrated screen, no More phone calls mid flight. I've got everything charged, accounts registered, and am hoping to get it off the ground tomorrow. I brought it home to study...yeah that's it study

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hahaha... Yeah I brought my first Phantom 2 home to "study" as well. I got a phone call and crashed it in to the side of the house. Oops. lol

Yes, I have Phantom 3 advanced that i take on vaca with me and sometimes on the course with buds. I have flown it out over the gulf in Destin, down in Galveston and its going today to Eureka Springs, Ark for a week and i should gf some cool shots over the mountains, and on the lake we are staying

Back