Callaway PM Grind Wedge - Matte Black - Preview

Ordered the Black Matte 64 in a KBS 610 120g at +1/4 inch, 1 deg flat. I prefer not to open a 64, but think that high toe may help in certain conditions/shots. The 610 should keep launch down and offer spin. We will see. The rounded edge should nip the ball off tight lies. Will be interesting. I've played a 62 before, we will see what a 64 does for shots around baked greens. Ordered the Black because I thought the shape would be less distracting in black matte.

Just received mine Saturday, chipped around with it for a few minutes, really like the way it feels. Will have much more feedback in the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a 58/10* over the weekend. Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out and swing it.

Just ordered a 58/10 PM grind. Really looking forward to getting it in my hands with the warm weather arriving. My sand game has suffered long enough!

My black matte 60 degree PM is scheduled for delivery this afternoon. To say I am excited to get this in the bag is an understatement

I picked up the 56* and the 60* at the Novi, MI show the little bit that I have been able to hit them I have been amazed

Callaway PM Grind Wedge - Matte Black - Preview

Got s chance to chip w the 64* I recently picked up. It puts some serious spin on the ball. Love the confidence that the look of this club behind the ball gives me - as if I cannot do anything g but hit a solid shot!
The club feels heavy - more so than any of my other wedges. Not in a bad way. Just a characteristic that I noticed.
Looking forward to getting this in the sand!

Last edited:
Got s chance to chip w the 64* I recently picked up. It puts some serious spin on the ball. Love the confidence that the look of this club behind the ball gives me - as if I cannot do anything g but hit a solid shot!
The club feels heavy - more so than any if my other wedges. Not in a bad way. Just a characteristic that I noticed.
Looking forward to getting this in the sand!

I have fallen in love with my 64* out of greenside bunkers!

A Black Matte PM Grind 64 arrived yesterday with the KBS 610 Shaft -- Black looks good. Hides the looks.

First Impressions:

it is sooo easy out of a bunker ... thump and it's out. You can even get 30 yards from it in a not too high bunker shot. It will wear in the bunker - I have evidence.

I've had 64's previously (Vokey) and 62 (Callaway) ... the 62 had use ... but the PM 64 is more versatile - I can easily keep pitches low the same as with my Edel 60. Don't know if it is the KBS 610, but the reason I chose this shaft is to keep launch down but still have mid spin in a high lofted wedge. With half swing pitches, launch is very acceptable - not too high if I don't want high. Flops get up, and with range balls, they hit the green, and then crawl to die.

I was taking medium divots about 4 inches, and turf interaction is very good - did not dig.

Looking forward to more time with the 64 PM.

Got a round in w the 64*. Used it for three shots. Two bunkers. Both ended up within 15 ft of the pin. Made one putt.
The third was a 50 yd shot over a tree and cart path to an elevated green. Opened up the face, ball ended up 12 ft.
Great club!! Cannot wait to use it more!

Ordered a 60* today, hoping to have it hand by next weekend.

Flop shots with this 64* are flat out money. Open the face, swing away, and watch magic happen!

I had short sided myself to a pin, slightly downhill, over a bunker. I hit a flop shot that moved maybe 1 foot, kept the ball between the bunker and the flag.

This club affords me all the confidence in the world to pull off a tough green side flop!!

Looking to take out my 56* THP Gauntlet special MD3 wedge and give her a nice home in the man cave. Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to play the 56* PM Grind? How is it on full and 3/4 shots?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

One of my regular foursome has the higher bounce 56 and he hits all kinds of shots with it. I prefer a more traditional look for some reason. I think the trick with these is you have to swing smooth with them. I have a tendency to go at it a bit with these and can't seem to stop from hitting my 60 high right. Which is why I carry a standard shape 54 for now. I think a 56/13 one of these would be straight deadly out of the sand.

I wish Cally would release the Md3 with the full face grooves like these. PM have. I'd buy right now, even as broke as I am.

Yea so I just decided to buy a 56* Matte Black PM grind! Just got her reshafted and I am waiting for it to finish drying. Then a little paint fill and boom ready for Sunday! I did have her bent to 55* today to get a little more distance!

I wish Cally would release the Md3 with the full face grooves like these. PM have. I'd buy right now, even as broke as I am.

There are a few of them in Zoo Crew bags and they certainly look mean.

There are a few of them in Zoo Crew bags and they certainly look mean.
Yeah, I got to see one at #TheGrandaddy and me want.

Seriously pondering a 56 degree and just taking out my 54 md3 and my 58 pm.

I like the PM shape for my lob wedge, but this would be awesome for any club ending in wedge for me... My short game miss is usually toe.

Ok so the 56* PM Grind has treated me well so far. I think it's mostly because if the time I've spent with the 60*. I have made some good shots but more importantly I'm getting the distance I am looking for!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

my 58*/10 PM grind was awesome today! I dont think I hit a bad shot with it. from full swing to bunkers to chips and a flop shot. It performed flawlessly!

Back