Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

Traded mine for a Fly Z+. JGR just wants to go left all day long and I have to admit... I tried to get used to that sound but it's just too tinny sounding. Best of luck to all of you gaming it, I can see it does have potential!

Wants to go left you say? I would like to harness that. Still regret not hitting this at RTJ.

JM

Heading to the PGA Superstore today to specifically to check this bad boy out.

I had a lot of fun with this one yesterday at the range. This is just a really fun to hit driver. Once I get the shaft figured out I think it'll be a good one for me

I had a lot of fun with this one yesterday at the range. This is just a really fun to hit driver. Once I get the shaft figured out I think it'll be a good one for me

You aren't helping my anticipation for hitting this!

What size of tip do you think the shaft in the JGR is? .350?

Let us know how it goes - I think you'll really like it - Like X-Man says, "It's just fun to hit"

What size of tip do you think the shaft in the JGR is? .350?

Going off memory its .335
Based on your results you posted, why are you changing shafts?

makes me so happy I'm not a numbers chaser. Find was works, go with it.

You aren't helping my anticipation for hitting this!

I know the ball flight you like and I think this is gonna be right up your alley.

Thanks- I'm not changing, I just like to know. I'm really happy with the set up - Hit some at TopGolf the other day and they were beautiful. Far(for me), Straight and in the Fairway (at least they would have been on the course).

Thanks- I'm not changing, I just like to know. I'm really happy with the set up - Hit some at TopGolf the other day and they were beautiful. Far (for me) Straight and in they would be in the Fairway.

Thats awesome dude. Glad you are enjoying it.

Wants to go left you say? I would like to harness that. Still regret not hitting this at RTJ.

JM

I can't say it was all the club but I just had a lot of trouble keeping it in play whereas my Fly Z was pretty much point and shoot and the fairways I did miss, weren't by nearly as much as the JGR. It's a solid driver but it just didn't do anything for me that others haven't. And after comparing the sounds of the Fly Z and JGR, the JGR just wasn't something I liked in that regard. The J40 and 715 have a much better sound to me, if the JGR was near these, I may have given it more of a chance because it sets up beautifully.

I love mine I was able to play a round with it a couple weeks ago, and I have since had a range session with it as well. I am sure this club has found it's spot in my bag for a while now. It took a little getting used to compared to my Bio Cell that I had, it sets up great, and i think it looks awesome. I am extremely excited to game this club for a while to come.

The JGR was one of my top 3 at Club Clash. The one we had was a 9.5˚ but I was able to get it in the air pretty well, even though I'm more of a high loft driver guy. Distance seemed pretty solid to me as well. On the course, this was one of the drivers I most agreed with. I grabbed the XR16, because it was a touch better on course, but this could have easily been my choice. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't pondering a test drive on a 10.5˚ or 12˚.

The JGR was one of my top 3 at Club Clash. The one we had was a 9.5˚ but I was able to get it in the air pretty well, even though I'm more of a high loft driver guy. Distance seemed pretty solid to me as well. On the course, this was one of the drivers I most agreed with. I grabbed the XR16, because it was a touch better on course, but this could have easily been my choice. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't pondering a test drive on a 10.5˚ or 12˚.
We think alot alike Jon, lol

I'll be honest, I had a 10.5 JGR come in here last week in a fit of WANT with the more I read about the head. So when I got on range Friday at #THPClubClash I flocked to the XR and this immediately.

I actually didn't even realize the head we had was 9.5 until you mentioned it, and that excites me more. From sheer numbers, this one was best for me with the XR being essentially the same but a touch higher spinning, now with this at 10.5....I'm more curious to hit them side by side again.

IMO, this one turned some heads this weekend, and it was damn cool to see.

We think alot alike Jon, lol

I'll be honest, I had a 10.5 JGR come in here last week in a fit of WANT with the more I read about the head. So when I got on range Friday at #THPClubClash I flocked to the XR and this immediately.

I actually didn't even realize the head we had was 9.5 until you mentioned it, and that excites me more. From sheer numbers, this one was best for me with the XR being essentially the same but a touch higher spinning, now with this at 10.5....I'm more curious to hit them side by side again.

IMO, this one turned some heads this weekend, and it was damn cool to see.

This is awesome man. I was hyping this up for you and was hoping that it fit you well!

The JGR was constantly being talked about amongst THPers this past weekend, and for me, it was one that was way down on the list going in to this event. Mainly, due to having struggled with the J40 driver years ago, I just kind of put Bridgestone drivers in to the "not for me" category.

And then the JGR was introduced to Beags. And yeah, this thing impressed. Fun to hit, found it very easy to launch, and just able to get the ball off the tee with ease.

No wonder anytime a group go the Bridgestone JGR in their group multiple THPers in the foursome were giddy to have it for 9 holes. It's an impressive driver.

Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

So here something to ponder on this club:
I went to a Bridgestone ball fitting on Friday and was fit with the e7:
d510e85f8cf51bf826ea71b55620d82a.jpg

It was faster, less backspin and less sidespin than the Duo.

So I played the 2 ball pack they gave me on first 18 of the year and had my best score in 2 years. I had some great drives and even better fairway shots. The ball just rockets of the face.

I know X-Man was fit with the B330 instead of the B330S. So I have to wonder if the F.A.S.T crown flexes better with a "Firm and Faster" ball than a "Softer" ball. I know this is only 2 people and have seen a third person get fit with B330 as well.

If a ball was softer, it would absorb the contact with the club and maybe not let the crown to flex as much as a firmer ball?

How many people to you hear getting fit with an e7? Usually it's an e6 or B330RX.

Again, just pondering....

I would really like to give a 9.5* a go. My 10.5 is a great club but I just launch it so high. That's fine in the rare day we don't have wind but unfortunately, I love in South Dakota and that rarely happens. It's great to see this positive feedback on the JGR, it deserves that praise.

The JGR was constantly being talked about amongst THPers this past weekend, and for me, it was one that was way down on the list going in to this event. Mainly, due to having struggled with the J40 driver years ago, I just kind of put Bridgestone drivers in to the "not for me" category.

And then the JGR was introduced to Beags. And yeah, this thing impressed. Fun to hit, found it very easy to launch, and just able to get the ball off the tee with ease.

No wonder anytime a group go the Bridgestone JGR in their group multiple THPers in the foursome were giddy to have it for 9 holes. It's an impressive driver.

It was an absolute blast to hit and I know guys were hoping to get it yesterday and thankfully when JB said grab what you want it was right in front of me.

It was an absolute blast to hit and I know guys were hoping to get it yesterday and thankfully when JB said grab what you want it was right in front of me.
I saw you positioning yourself by it...

:alien:

I saw you positioning yourself by it...

:alien:

Attention to detail. When JB started talking about how we would be able to choose what we wanted a little before calling everyone over I slowly made that move #NotATHPRookieMove :alien:

Can you blame him?

Of course not.

Currently a J715 10.5 owner, but about to order a JGR with a Graphite Design Tour ADDI 6s shaft... with all this reading concerning how high the ball flies with the JRG, and given the fact that the DI 6s is a high launch shaft, should I go with a 9.5* head or stick to a 10.5* one?

Back