I use a 10p piece from back home. There are about 3 or 4 designs, one of them features the 3 lions crest, also used by the national football and cricket teams. I spent the last 6 months saving any shiny ones to use before I moved Stateside.

this is just very classy. well done, sir.

I use an Ohio State Buckeyes marker that magnetizes to a clip on my cap - very convenient.

What I really love is a Mercury Dime. I have a couple from my birth year and they are wonderful. Silver looks and feels and sounds different - a chime instead of a clunk. They're really nice to use and if someone asks to see it it always makes a good impression. Don't like digging in my pocket for it though.

I like to collect markers from different courses I play, keep them in my bag, and use a random one I pull from the bag.

Though right now I've been cheating and using my Grande Oaks marker that has the Caddyshack gopher on it.

I typically use one of my hat clip ball markers or the one on my pitch fix. As my THP ones and Callaway ones are in my case on display. Will say after the grab bags came and I now have 2 FOH coins I will start using one on the course.

I use a copper Hideaway coin.

Poker chips are too big and thick and pretty much are pointless to use given that they will destroy a partners putt. I use a pitch fix magnetic coin my gf gave me from her college.

Ball markers

I like grabbing a ball marker from different courses. Here is the newest addition
dcf7fc81e25cd8987548bc6b8d31f560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poker chips are too big and thick and pretty much are pointless to use given that they will destroy a partners putt. I use a pitch fix magnetic coin my gf gave me from her college.

This is an argument I have never personally understood, just adjust/move your mark, then replace when they have finished putting.

The argument by most there I know is always time/effort, but how often are you REALLY in someone else's line directly in a round?

This is an argument I have never personally understood, just adjust/move your mark, then replace when they have finished putting.

The argument by most there I know is always time/effort, but how often are you REALLY in someone else's line directly in a round?
This... if anything, the poker chip is more of a disadvantage to the person using it, as you will probably have to move it more often and may forget to replace it... I have never heard of anyone complaining about it though... man up and ask them to move it if it is in your way

I use an old indian head nickel.

I use a variety of coins. THP albatross coin, various Callaway coins, copper Hideaway markers, and a special coin with my both my sons initials.

I collect course poker chips, and I use a generic one most all of the time. When my marker "may" be in, or near, someone's lie I'll use a flat marker instead of the poker chip; I always carry at least one old-fashioned flat marker that has a ground pin on it.

Over the years I've used several types of markers (chips, big and small coins, divot tool markers, tees, etc.) and have never heard someone complain because my marker was too big.

US quarter from 1976, my year of birth

I have my "Lucky" 4 Leaf clover that is on every hat I wear on the course

I like my playing partners am not a very good putter and we all have seen too many times the poker chip get asked to be moved, and the poor putter hits the chip anyway

Mine cost a quarter. A 1961 quarter, my birth year.

I use a 50 Centavo coin (Media Balboa) from my wife's home country of Panama.

1896 Barber half dollar. My grandfather's birth year

I use this one. Been entertaining how many times I pull it out of my pocket and the white side is up.

Capture.png

Now how would I go about getting one of these coins?

Now how would I go about getting one of these coins?

By Joining the Albatross club, more info can be found HERE Pretty awesome deal, and one of the better values in golf!

I use this one. Been entertaining how many times I pull it out of my pocket and the white side is up.

Capture.png
One of my favorite's for sure!

I typically use a coin I picked up at TPC Boston when I went there for the Deutsche bank.

I use my AC coin when I don't have that.

I have two in my pocket that I use. One is a military coin I got from one of my first deployments and the other is a US Flag hat clip marker. If I am playing with anyone, I will ask if the coin size bothers them (same size as poker chips), if it does, I use the smaller hat clip.

Back