St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

I believe we are at 5, with Daddio and two guests as maybes right now.

I may have a few locals I can add to fill out the 2nd foursome for Sunday AM.

I believe we are at 5, with Daddio and two guests as maybes right now.

This looks like it will happen if there is still room for the 3 of us on Sunday.

This looks like it will happen if there is still room for the 3 of us on Sunday.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. 5150 has 4, 4-somes reserved. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. We'll still have room if 5150 wants to invite locals to fill out the foursomes, he set it all up anyway.

Lord I'm rusty. 88 in this wind on my home course. Got some work to do

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Matches up well with Wubears 88 the other day, just a little under 2 weeks until #THPCallout time. Do work gentlemen!

Shouldn't be a problem at all. 5150 has 4, 4-somes reserved. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. We'll still have room if 5150 wants to invite locals to fill out the foursomes, he set it all up anyway.

Works out great. I'll see if any locals want to join or we can drop the last foursome if no other THPers are interested.

Most disappointing Double I've ever had. Put my tee shot OB and then hit 3 perfect shots followed by a missed easy 1 putt. Should have been a birdie.
c65acf0f6052d4cc86e7695fe55bf259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most disappointing Double I've ever had. Put my tee shot OB and then hit 3 perfect shots followed by a missed easy 1 putt. Should have been a birdie.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160405/c65acf0f6052d4cc86e7695fe55bf259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Heck of a drive sir!

Sorry for the update but I will not be able to make it for the weekend, just found out my kids and grand babies are going to be here. Love them babies to much to be gone while there here. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

You will be missed!

I just took a peak at the 10 weather forecast and it looks fantastic!!! Sunny and 72*, no joke! Only 10 days and a few hours left and we'll be getting ready to tee off. Don't know about you all, but I'm ready to chase a white ball with some THP'ers.

Last edited:
Getting close fellas!

Where did we land on final count for Sunday? I need to call the club this week to confirm.

Where did we land on final count for Sunday? I need to call the club this week to confirm.

I'm pretty sure we were at 8. I'll add some names off the top of my head and go back through the thread and edit as needed.

so-illhacker
Daddio +2 guests
mr3putt
hunter57
gotta look around to find the rest.

I'm pretty sure we were at 8. I'll add some names off the top of my head and go back through the thread and edit as needed.

so-illhacker
Daddio +2 guests
mr3putt
hunter57
gotta look around to find the rest.

Right on; thanks.

We should nail down the format and pairings for Saturday too. I'm game for whatever works. Looking forward to a fun weekend!

I gotta get my short game in order this week. Hitting way too many thin pitches recently.

I'll have the Saturday round all worked out by the end of the day.

I know there are a callout or two. Would the group prefer to drop those and go to a 2 man team shamble format like we originally discussed?

I'll have the Saturday round all worked out by the end of the day.

I know there are a callout or two. Would the group prefer to drop those and go to a 2 man team shamble format like we originally discussed?

Is there middle ground somewhere? 2 man low ball gets us teamed up but everyone still plays their own ball on every shot... callouts still work that way.

I don't have any strong preferences... except thick, dark brown beer.

That works for me

I'm fine with playing our own ball and keeping the #THPCallout going and maybe picking up another one or 2 of them. It'll be great to have a lot of live updating going on for them and still have a friendly competition for everyone else.

Whoever I'm paired with will probably get the Happy Gilmore quote to his caddy "just don't let me do anything stupid":alien:

I got some work to do this week. Playing bogey golf right now (which pretty much fits my current 15.6 cap) but my short game is crap.

How are the greens wubears71? I played Oak Brook yesterday and they were like concrete; couldn't hold a green to save my life. All this wind dried everything out.

Anyone heard from or know Hammer84, posted on the first page and haven't seen him on here since. Not sure if he's still in or playing both days or can't make it at all.

Great post-round watering hole for those of you staying in the Fairview Heights area - http://globalbrew.com/

No food, just a couple hundred different beers.

Perfect. Lets go that route.

Here is the official format -

• 2 Man teams
  • Everyone Plays his own ball from tee to green.

Here are the participants with Handicaps -

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest
  • mr3putt - ???

Last edited:
I got some work to do this week. Playing bogey golf right now (which pretty much fits my current 15.6 cap) but my short game is crap.

How are the greens wubears71? I played Oak Brook yesterday and they were like concrete; couldn't hold a green to save my life. All this wind dried everything out.

The greens were rolling very good on Tuesday. I'm guessing by the end of next week they will be in perfect shape. Also the native grass is still low so finding a ball in it won't be too difficult. Just mark yours well as there are thousands of balls in there.

Do we need a couple more players Saturday to fill out the foursomes? I was planning on reaching out to a few friends today re: Sunday but can ask about Saturday too.

Do we need a couple more players Saturday to fill out the foursomes? I was planning on reaching out to a few friends today re: Sunday but can ask about Saturday too.

We have 10 right now. If you want to reach out, feel free. Otherwise I can turn the last 4some in to a 2 some.

Back