Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Lol! That place was clown shoes because of the BYOB. Just like you, many a 30 pack of keystone were killed in that course. Think it was $9 for 18 and a cart back then. Tons of fun. Really enjoyed my time in the Carbondale metroplex. Still have some good friends from those days. Based on the newsletter I get from my fraternity it looks like they've cleaned up the place a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may have cleaned it up a little bit and a lot of things have come and gone since your time here, but it's still the dirty 'dale at heart.

Just got back from Florida and man does my game need some work before the season starts! Snap hooks with my driver, inconsistent irons...you name it.
Can anyone recommend an instructor in the Wheaton/Naperville area that they have really liked and have had success with? Preferably someone that doesn't charge $100 + per 1/2 hour. They don't have to be in the immediate area but I would prefer someone in a 20 mile radius. I'm an 8-9 handicap if that helps with the recommendations.

My dad (@MSH134) just signed up for a pretty reasonable package at the PGA SS in Schaumburg and the guy seems to be pretty darn good.
I want to say 6-45min lessons was like $260 or something. That's probably half an hour or so from Naperville. I believe they give you a
copy of your recorded lesson after each session as well. Might be something to check into for sure.

Just got back from Florida and man does my game need some work before the season starts! Snap hooks with my driver, inconsistent irons...you name it.
Can anyone recommend an instructor in the Wheaton/Naperville area that they have really liked and have had success with? Preferably someone that doesn't charge $100 + per 1/2 hour. They don't have to be in the immediate area but I would prefer someone in a 20 mile radius. I'm an 8-9 handicap if that helps with the recommendations.

Thanks dhartmann, I'll look into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GENEVA NATIONAL'S OPENING DAY
FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2016
What a difference a week makes! Early spring golf at Geneva National tees off this week on our signature Gary Player course!

$39 Per Person thru March 31st
Includes 18 holes and cart, tax additional. Cart path only.

We did that last year.... Boy were those bunkers UGLY! I think @Rambler may have felt like he was in the rocky mountains on a few holes. hahahahaha!

GENEVA NATIONAL'S OPENING DAY
FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2016
What a difference a week makes! Early spring golf at Geneva National tees off this week on our signature Gary Player course!

$39 Per Person thru March 31st
Includes 18 holes and cart, tax additional. Cart path only.

It wouldn't take too much arm twisting to get me to make the drive.

We did that last year.... Boy were those bunkers UGLY! I think @Rambler may have felt like he was in the rocky mountains on a few holes. hahahahaha!
"Is this a bunker? Can someone point out where the actual sand is located?"
It wouldn't take too much arm twisting to get me to make the drive.

Hmmm... I can't do anything this weekend, but maybe next?

Just was checking tee times on saturday and it's wide open! Man, $39 is hard to beat...

Awful quiet in here for the nice weather that is upon us

The guy at the PGA SS in Downers is pretty good too. I took a lesson from him when they first opened and liked his approach as well. Very much the same way Dhart explained is dad's experience. I also have the number for my old instructor. He used to teach out of the golf galaxy in downers but it's closed and he's doing stuff where ever his students need him.

First official round tomorrow morning @ Harborside International. Playing the Port Course. Very excited. ?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

First official round tomorrow morning @ Harborside International. Playing the Port Course. Very excited.

Hope it's a quick round. I've heard stories.

So far so good..there aren't that many people out on the course.

a799352d9cad213b35ce4c8805048fc7.jpg

I think we're going to try to start the year with 36 at Blackstone on good Friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

daa9125fa83f33bfef3c4524b71e6497.jpg

211d38b321a59090c11d2d9cf2c5d604.jpg

I think we're going to try to start the year with 36 at Blackstone on good Friday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Blackstone is a great track. Kind of in that "hidden gem" category.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

First official round tomorrow morning @ Harborside International. Playing the Port Course. Very excited. 

I still have yet to play either course at Harborside. I need to fix that within the next couple of seasons. (Though, I too, have heard some horror stories about slow play).

I still have yet to play either course at Harborside. I need to fix that within the next couple of seasons. (Though, I too, have heard some horror stories about slow play).

I think you would like it. Kinda like Prairie Landing including 5 HR rounds.

I think you would like it. Kinda like Prairie Landing including 5 HR rounds.
Hmmm... So, I'd like the design, and be banging my head against my golf bag with the slower play... That doesn't sound overly fun.

I just walked off the course and I started my round at 11:30. Its about 3:30 so I can say it took me about 4 hours to play and I took my time with a lot of putts.. Scorecard and pics soon.

Edit: It is early in the season and only the "regulars" knew the course was open so I could see longer rounds happening if both courses are packed..

Btw i caught a great deal on tee off.com.. I just played here 18 holes with a GPS cart for $28.
This would be a great venue for a thp Midwest or Illinois event you definitely have to think off the tee to score...doesnt hurt that its literally down the street from me also.

Last edited:
Shot a 48/43 (91) from the white tees..this was my first time playing the course so I'm proud of myself for almost breaking 90, especially after a rough front 9. Most of my pictures quality is horrible, so ill spare you guys and not post many. Dont be fooled by my pics, the course was in great condition for early March in Chicago.

37c13be0ca5a97f174ae261921d173e1.jpg
61fab09cd2d20b2a0a187ae333e4bda9.jpg

1d452cdc75fe7f93a8723103eaff3422.jpg

36dd93b7ee48a6a9b3c62c170d9632f0.jpg

4593b0de3e036507c780b7f7432b1d31.jpg

7117d79a0110478116065b168dd18a0d.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Wishing I was out there myself! :) Hopefully this weekend....

Shot a 48/43 (91) from the white tees..this was my first time playing the course so I'm proud of myself for almost breaking 90, especially after a rough front 9. Most of my pictures quality is horrible, so ill spare you guys and not post many. Dont be fooled by my pics, the course was in great condition for early March in Chicago.

37c13be0ca5a97f174ae261921d173e1.jpg
61fab09cd2d20b2a0a187ae333e4bda9.jpg

1d452cdc75fe7f93a8723103eaff3422.jpg

36dd93b7ee48a6a9b3c62c170d9632f0.jpg

4593b0de3e036507c780b7f7432b1d31.jpg

7117d79a0110478116065b168dd18a0d.jpg

Back