THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I was envious of the New England guys that got to go out on the course, so I went to the range to hit a couple buckets of balls.

Ended up being three, because I ended up shanking half of the first bucket. Still getting used to the new irons, this was only the second time out. By the end of the session I was confident hitting any of the irons from 5 to gap wedge. They're a little lighter than their predecessors were, so there might be some lead tape in the future. But, I think once I get settled in this is going to be good - I especially liked what I saw from the long irons.

I was envious too man. Stupid work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my fitting on Saturday, curious to have the experience and see the results. The next couple of weeks will likely be tricky with events and work, but I'll find time to practice and be ready.

Was hoping to get out this week at some point but my basketball team I coach is advancing in the playoffs. Practice all week and game on Friday. Saturday doesn't look too bad so may be able to get out to the range then.

I have my fitting on Saturday, curious to have the experience and see the results. The next couple of weeks will likely be tricky with events and work, but I'll find time to practice and be ready.

Awesome..hope they get you into some good stuff that works for you!

Was hoping to get out this week at some point but my basketball team I coach is advancing in the playoffs. Practice all week and game on Friday. Saturday doesn't look too bad so may be able to get out to the range then.

You could have drawn up a couple plays to shoot the ball in your own basket.

In fact, I suggest that NE practice hitting into some water hazards.

5cfd1c805341229656372df118ab79b1.jpg

Harv in midseason form

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

enjoy the round fellas!

Harv and Maddog striking fear in team NE

441e8fb3dc71d8dd864de7e0f5c79199.jpg

Leave it to Upstate NYers to be golfing in shorts and short sleeves with frozen ponds. Doing work!

5c8ee1e3b5caf0e6cfe3d72b386fbf29.jpg

Last edited:
had a blast today with matt, andy,dave and paul, got some good work in for the RR and some great poses to let NE what they are in for june 25th

had a blast today with matt, andy,dave and paul, got some good work in for the RR and some great poses to let NE what they are in for june 25th

Glad you boys had a great day and #TeamNE is not scared lol. Good stuff guys

Harv and Maddog striking fear in team NE

Leave it to Upstate NYers to be golfing in shorts and short sleeves with frozen ponds. Doing work!

The fact that any of us are on the course this time of year is awesome

The fact that any of us are on the course this time of year is awesome

This is true, last year at this time I still had almost 2 months before being able to get out and golf.

This is true, last year at this time I still had almost 2 months before being able to get out and golf.

Yup. Seriously. We had temp greens on my home course till the end of June because of ice damage. This is phenomenal

First round this year February 2nd
First round last year April 12th

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Harv and Maddog before they found Squatty Potty

After they found squatty potty they felt great and had the confidence to play golf outside in shorts, in March!

FIFY Moose...

FIFY Moose...
I actually said something similar to squatty potty when I took the pic, lol!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Since the WNY folks have gotten out on the course, I think it's safe to say we're officially in golf season!

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm losing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.

Last edited:
Since the WNY folks have gotten out on the course, I think it's safe to say we're officially in golf season!

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm loosing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.

Short game is garbage right now.

Bunker play which is typically a strength has been junk the last few rounds. I can blame the bunkers' condition but thats a cop out

Short game is garbage right now.

Bunker play which is typically a strength has been junk the last few rounds. I can blame the bunkers' condition but thats a cop out

Oh great, we're going to be a dumpster fire around the green in our match this weekend, I guess...

So, what's everyone focused on improving ahead of the event? I know russtopher said he's working on bunker play. I'm dead set on getting my performance from 125 in worked out - I'm loosing too many strokes on half wedge shots I'm not getting close.

Putting, putting, and more putting

Oh great, we're going to be a dumpster fire around the green in our match this weekend, I guess...

Haha well I am planning on going 10/14 FIR and 18 of 18 GIRs, takes sand and short game out of the equation

#lagputtingFTW #sub30putts

Focused on improving tee game at the moment. Once the putting green opens up at my home course my focus will shift back to putting.

Back