THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

It's definitely windy out here today, 1st hole a solid 15 mph wind directly in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to live updates?

In honor

c380ebc0a1bc0d62290c9e58643236d7.jpg

That's some serious shred, lol

Ugggh Golden fake cheese and a bottle of cinnamon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jordan (Jspangs) and myself will be taking advantage of 70 degree weather today.

I am hoping the GameGolf app will allow you all to follow along!

Tee time 11:39

Hello CJ... How would we do that? Let me know.
Thanks

My questions to you... are you 100% dedicated to this rivalry?

Current participants: If you couldn't give the event and sponsor everything it deserves...Could you? would you? make the tough call if you had to for the team?
?

I would make the tough call without a doubt. If MI did not have enough guys.. I would offer to play twice!!

Question to the participants and the non participants....The unforeseen just happened in another RR matchup. Someone unfortunately had to withdraw for personal reasons. This was always a possibility as life happens sometimes. Some guys have disappeared after teams were final and some have stayed.

Current participants: If you couldn't give the event and sponsor everything it deserves...Could you? would you? make the tough call if you had to for the team?

Supporters: You didn't make it in but are still here having fun and supporting the event. If this scenario comes in our RR, will you be ready if called upon?

I am 100% dedicated to this event. I will be practicing my butt off. For the next week or two its going to be tough during the week but after that I will be out as much as possible.
If it truly came down to it and I couldn't make the event what it needs to be, or I couldn't give it my all, It would be a very hard choice but if it came down to it I think I could step down knowing MI has some great guys to fill the shoes. I am here for my team and will do whatever I can to help.

Ok. I have a new question.
Time to brag on yourself!

What specifically do you bring to your team that you feel will help your team win?

Myself, I feel that once off the tee I play slightly better than my handicap. I also feel that my game travels well, and I will shoot my handicap.
I will make my share of mistakes (high handicap) but my share of nice shots as well.

Team Michigan win!

I bring a pretty even keeled and level headed attitude. Enjoy having fun and will make sure my partner is involved. Basing off of the end of last year, my short game is really coming along - putting and chipping in to the green.

Question to the participants and the non participants....The unforeseen just happened in another RR matchup. Someone unfortunately had to withdraw for personal reasons. This was always a possibility as life happens sometimes. Some guys have disappeared after teams were final and some have stayed.

Supporters: You didn't make it in but are still here having fun and supporting the event. If this scenario comes in our RR, will you be ready if called upon?

I had this event blocked on my calendar well before selections. I knew I would be attending all available events whether I made the team or not. 100 percent ready for this.

I'm totally committed to the event and THP. As everyone else has said and I agree. I'll step aside if life gets in the way of this event.

Man this is a given. In no way shape or form am I disappearing from this rivalry. I grew up with. Should my name need to be called I would be available right up to that first group going off.

Had some great practice today with this little combo! Reppin the sponsor in the wedges, and you never know what's next!

f9ac8c437355f6577d02256b57a2da2c.jpg

If I cannot give the event, the team, and the preparation every single ounce that it's due, I owe it to my teammates to get someone in my spot that can.

With my particular circumstances in my life and how things are changing, I will have to keep my eye on it. I know my captain and teammates will hold me accountable, just as I will to them. I am more than happy to be rooting my teammates on to victory rather than hindering their efforts with my shortcomings. That's how I feel.

I can make a yardage book and possibly drug certain members of team MI the night before.

At this point I'm just starting to piece together a game that can compete if needed. Trying to figure out some ways to help others prepare as well

I can make a yardage book and possibly drug certain members of team MI the night before.
Feel free to drop a Valium in my drink at meet and greet. That first tee is gonna be pretty intense.

There are a lot of comments about people disappearing and I think everyone has a reason, but I would think if you reached out to anyone that was up for their team that they would say they support them 100%. I know for myself I took on a new role at work and I have been busy and as stated in the first line, life happens. I also do still check in on the thread, but it is a lot harder to talk the talk when you can't walk the walk. I enjoy following along and reading the banter and will continue to pull for team Michigan. If the opportunity were to arise and I could play, I would be ready.

I am all in. I am working on my game with a swing coach to sure up my accuracy. I will be playing rounds whenever I can leading up to the event with as many THP'ers as possible and I will be as active here as humanly possible. I see all the post about people falling off and what not or not being active outside this forum, and I get it, but frankly it's getting a bit old :deadhorse. I'm not sure what some of you do for work here that allow you to post all day, but I hope it's great work and you get paid well for it. I get alerts and updates to all kinds of subscribed threads all day, but rarely have time to compose a reply. This is a crazy time of the year for me at work so following a few important threads is about all I can do. Outside of work I spend a lot of time swinging clubs too and during those times I'm also not attached to my phone. I live for competition and this event is a huge target for me this summer. The work will be put in and I will be ready. I know Michigan will be in for it.

There are a lot of comments about people disappearing and I think everyone has a reason, but I would think if you reached out to anyone that was up for their team that they would say they support them 100%. I know for myself I took on a new role at work and I have been busy and as stated in the first line, life happens. I also do still check in on the thread, but it is a lot harder to talk the talk when you can't walk the walk. I enjoy following along and reading the banter and will continue to pull for team Michigan. If the opportunity were to arise and I could play, I would be ready.

I'm not replying a whole lot, but I am following everything best I can.
My Ohio guys do not need my mouth overly helping (irritating) this early on.

My wife read a bunch of this thread over my shoulder: She says "Go Blue", but she is from Columbus, living in Cleveland area, born in MD. She's a little mixed up in the head over this :(

Is this a hint to where the victory breaking of bread will occur? Or possibly a mid round delivery to the course?

Is this a hint to where the victory breaking of bread will occur? Or possibly a mid round delivery to the course?
I would be happy with that for dinner!

That could be disastrous as a mid round delivery. :shock:

Back