Composing Sterling Irons

Canes075

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys I am getting a set of Sterling one length irons. Hit the 7 iron just yesterday and it was the best club I have ever hit.

Now I am making them with KBS tour shafts as opposed to Wishons S2S stepless shafts. My question is when I am trimming the shafts do I trim them all at 7 iron specifications according to the KBS chart? So my 5 iron is trimmed for 7 iron because it is 7 iron length? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Hi guys I am getting a set of Sterling one length irons. Hit the 7 iron just yesterday and it was the best club I have ever hit.

Now I am making them with KBS tour shafts as opposed to Wishons S2S stepless shafts. My question is when I am trimming the shafts do I trim them all at 7 iron specifications according to the KBS chart? So my 5 iron is trimmed for 7 iron because it is 7 iron length? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

You should but trim them to 7 iron length, all the same. Since they are .370 shafts you should tip trim them for 7 iron flex you prefer. The last set I build I soft stepped the 4,5,6 and hard stepped the 8,9,PW,SW and just standard 7 iron trim on the LW & 7 iron. This helped with ball flight.

Also, if you don't like the sound of the long iron heads (little ting sounding) you can fill the cavity in with flex seal and it will help mute the sound.

Thank you. That helps a lot. I'm really looking forward to getting these done.

Back