TaylorMade M Series Fitting

Bigcat

Reaction score
Handicap
So I recently joined a club with the promotion I can get a TaylorMade M 5/6 Driver included and just had my fitting.

It was my my first time swinging the clubs since October so definitely not at my best but did go to the range in the morning before.

I was fit into the M6D as it definitely dialed in my misses right, to be honest I was hoping to get the M5 for the adjustability and as my swing gets back to mid season form take advantage of that.

Am I overthinking this since I went in wanting the M5 and should stick with the fitting recommendation on the M6D.

Thanks for any info!!

First off, welcome to THP!!

I try not to over think. I've gamed the SLDR and M1, all kinds of adjustability, but I can probably count on one hand where I've actually adjusted the bias of the club. I'll adjust the loft depending on the wind, but not draw/fade. Like you, I was fit recently for the M6D and will probably make a move on getting it without much hesitation when considering the lack of adjustability. I simply don't have and probably never will have the skills to dictate changing those settings on a round to round basis.

The M5 sliding weight is 11g each I believe. Thought I read that the M6 draw has like 45g in the heel. So even if you put both M5 weights in the draw setting the M6D has double the amount of heel weight if you need that.

I’m opposite. I need fade weighting. Wished they made an M6 Fade ?

I would still want the M5, even if the numbers said differently.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the information! I think I will trust the fitter then and stick with the M6D over the M5. If I hadn’t gone in wanting the M5 more I wouldn’t have second guessed it so should stand by that logic.

Back