FunGolf GPS iPhone App Review

Yea it's a solid app. Glad I got it while free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this thread to get updates. I noticed on the iphone app store lots of reviews saying it crashes all the time, but people love it. No GPS or laser in the budget this year, so I'm thinking I'll grab this. Anyone having problems with the app crashing?

Looks like there's still no Android version. Boo Hoo for me.

Just downloaded this one and hole 19 to give them a shot. Seems pretty information

Just downloaded this one and hole 19 to give them a shot. Seems pretty information

Cool. Let me know what you think. I don't need anything until April most likely, but I really want:
1) a way to measure shot distances accurately
2) accurate yardages
and I'm sure the stats will be valuable but as I've never collected much of anything more than putts, Fairways hit, and GIRs, this will be uncharted waters for me.

I just downloaded it, the app is free but it does say "in app purchases", not sure until I use it what the extras are or what are the costs. My primary app is still GolfShot GPS that I paid $30 4 years ago (the old version that was a 1 time fee) this version is no longer supported by the developer, but it still works great and I will use it until in no longer works :)

I just downloaded it, the app is free but it does say "in app purchases", not sure until I use it what the extras are or what are the costs. My primary app is still GolfShot GPS that I paid $30 4 years ago (the old version that was a 1 time fee) this version is no longer supported by the developer, but it still works great and I will use it until in no longer works :)
The in app purchases must be a new thing, they weren't there when we reviewed it.

Last edited:
Cool. Let me know what you think. I don't need anything until April most likely, but I really want:
1) a way to measure shot distances accurately
2) accurate yardages
and I'm sure the stats will be valuable but as I've never collected much of anything more than putts, Fairways hit, and GIRs, this will be uncharted waters for me.

I have a feeling the hole19 may be a bit better. I am new to these waters as well, owned a gps watch but was not for me. I really like the options to track your stats, it can really help improve your weaknesses.

I, too, downloaded it for free some time ago. The in-app purchases are a "View Pack" which adds 2D and satellite imagery as well as flyovers. That was also free. The other in-app purchase is the stats package for 9.99. Personally, I prefer this app over any other similar product I have tried and one of the more reasonably priced.

I still can't decide if I should buy the apple watch in app for FunGolf, it's $20 a year or $40 forever, golfshot is $15, still can't decide, but need one that will advance from hole to hole automatically and give more than F/C/B.

I bit the bullet and got the apple watch interface for it, the apple watch face layout is great, all on one scrollable screen, green layout, FMB, and then scroll down to hazards and then score, and finally figured out if I input a score/putts it advances to the next hole! Hasn't seemed to take much battery at all on apple watch and iPhone, and having the health data integrated is great. And the app interface helps see the 3D layout and angles in.

I bit the bullet and got the apple watch interface for it, the apple watch face layout is great, all on one scrollable screen, green layout, FMB, and then scroll down to hazards and then score, and finally figured out if I input a score/putts it advances to the next hole! Hasn't seemed to take much battery at all on apple watch and iPhone, and having the health data integrated is great. And the app interface helps see the 3D layout and angles in.

Do you use this for all of your scoring? I just got a Apple Watch and I'm looking for an app that I can use in Vegas next week when it's cart path only.

Do you use this for all of your scoring? I just got a Apple Watch and I'm looking for an app that I can use in Vegas next week when it's cart path only.
I keep my iPhone in my back pocket and use this every round, works great!

Well they finally updated the app so it would work properly via the apple watch, but the new interface, is a step backwards in my opinion, it's tougher to use, tougher to advance holes and there's less information at your fingertips, you have to go looking for it.
This is what it used to look like, and you could scroll to the bottom to select your score and it would advance to the next hole:
fun-golf.jpg

Now this is what the "simplified" layout looks like, less info, no hazards, and you have to select the write key to select a score:
screen390x390.jpeg

That's too bad. Definitely looks like a step backwards.

So I did some digging on settings and found with the new update, it might not show the hazards and such like it did before, but it auto finds the hole you are on, which is nice since I can just look at it has me where I'm at, it may only be the center green yardage but it's a nice reference to have quick and then if I want to shoot the flag with the laser I can.

I have until March 6 to figure out if I want to re up for next year with them, still are undecided, but the auto hole feature is quite nice, only bad thing is, it only give one yardage, center of the green, I guess I got so used to F/M/B that's almost what I prefer all the time now, I wonder if they'll bring that back as an option on the apple watch interface.

Back